Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeremy Kerley Anyone?
I remember this guy playing well with Dalton at TCU. I looked up his stats and was a little unimpressed (even in college his greatest seasons were about 500 yards), and he hasn't really done much in the NFL playing for the Jets.

However, I think the chemistry between him and Dalton, and the potential to be a 3rd or 4th guy on the depth chart at WR is intriguing.

Thoughts?

P.S. he is not a free agent, so a trade would have to be made.
Reply/Quote
I say if you plan on going outside of house you make a play for Alshon.

Or just make a strong run to keep MLJ.

We know a WR IS coming in the draft.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2016, 05:40 PM)Junglejuice Wrote: I say if you plan on going outside of house you make a play for Alshon.

Personally I think we are too invested in an outside #2 (alshon or MLJ) when maybe we should focus on getting a quick slot receiver.

I want a guy who can pick up the short yardage with inside routes.

To me, Alshon and MLJ are both deep ball receivers...

We need a deep guy as well, but I feel like we need more than just that.
Reply/Quote
I think chemistry goes out the window after, say, 5 years and a significant jump in competition.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2016, 06:40 PM)TGISunday Wrote: I think chemistry goes out the window after, say, 5 years and a significant jump in competition.

agreed.

no way i make a trade for this guy, maybe a FA pickup.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Sanu's stats
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14922/mohamed-sanu

Kerley's stats
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14151/jeremy-kerley

Kerley was underutilized in the Jets offense last year, which was the worst year of his career. He has done fairly well on a team that has had no offense whatsoever all of the 5 years he has been there. He moonlights as a returner which is always coveted on these boards.

Jets don't need receivers, and may take a late round pick for the guy.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2016, 05:40 PM)Junglejuice Wrote: I say if you plan on going outside of house you make a play for Alshon.

Alshon will probably be franchise tagged.

As for Marvin Jones and Kerley, not advocating one way or another in this post, but there's a pretty big difference between the 5yr/$35-40m (~$15m guaranteed) and 2yr/$4m (~$0-1m guaranteed) contracts that they'll warrant.

As for what I would do... I'd pick up one of Matthews/Kearse/Randle for less money than Jones, draft a WR, and then sign Boldin as a 1 year stop-gap so the drafted WR isn't being heavily relied upon in his rookie year.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Well ESPN New York is speculating that Kerley will be cut. Looks like we can add him to our list if he's cut.

Cheap option and doesn't impact our future comp picks. Bengals type of player.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I would only be interested in him as a Sanu (slot) replacement. I'd expect more production and height (Kerley is 5'9") for a #2.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote