Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeremy Zuttah (Center)
Just cut by the Ravens

Quote:The Ravens lost one starter from their offensive line when right tackle Rick Wagner signed with the Lions and they are reportedly losing another one by choice.

Aditi Kinkhabwala of NFL Media reports that the team is going to release center Jeremy Zuttah. Zuttah was set to make a $3.5 million base salary in 2017 and his departure would give the team just under $2.4 million in cap space.

Zuttah started 41 games for the Ravens over the last three seasons and played every game last season. He also spent several years as a starter in Tampa after the Buccaneers took him with the 83rd pick in the 2008 draft.

The Ravens also saw guard Vladimir Ducasse leave for Buffalo and haven’t added any offensive linemen to the roster in free agency thus far, which is something they could remedy in the coming days or via the draft next month.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/15/report-ravens-releasing-jeremy-zuttah/

Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
Seems a move to save cap space. but some ravens posters were saying his play declined last year..

But might still be an upgrade over Bodine
Reply/Quote
He was cut so he should be a legit option.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Kick those tires! Over 30? Check. Cheap? Probably, check. Doesn't interfere with comp picks? Winner!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I know some people aren't big PFF fans, but Zutah was one of the least efficient pass blockers of a 3 year period, hence the release + cap save :)
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 12:41 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Kick those tires!  Over 30?  Check.  Cheap?  Probably,  check.  Doesn't interfere with comp picks?  Winner!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took the words right off of my keyboard.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 12:41 PM)Bengalboy Wrote: I know some people aren't big PFF fans, but Zutah was one of the least efficient pass blockers of a 3 year period, hence the release + cap save :)

How was his run blocking?
Reply/Quote
We all know that we will never bring in a center to compete with Bodine.
Reply/Quote
I checked the Ravens Message Board and they're universally glad Jeremy Zuttah was cut. In fact, they blame him for Geno Atkins flattening Joe Flacco early and often.

Even so, I'm sure he's better than Russell Bodine.
Reply/Quote
He was traded to San Fran so it's a moot point
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 01:53 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I checked the Ravens Message Board and they're universally glad Jeremy Zuttah was cut.  In fact, they blame him for Geno Atkins flattening Joe Flacco early and often.

Even so, I'm sure he's better than Russell Bodine.

2015 ranking I found had him ranked worse than Bodine
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 09:25 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: 2015 ranking I found had him ranked worse than Bodine

Is that even possible?
Reply/Quote
Zuttah the Puta?  Fuggedaboudit.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Don't have his run ones, just a report a googled and found free. As for bringing in a Centre i think we all know its not going to happen, but if it did i think i would rather Mangold as a band-aid despite his drop is production. I think he would still be better than Bodine or Zutah
Reply/Quote