Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeremy zuttah.
Ik wrong thread, but is he an option? Would solidify interior oline. Cut by 49ers.
Reply/Quote
Should be an option, but they have the HoF C Bodine, and ultimate RG Andre.

Sarcasm aside, they really should pick him up. Pro Bowl doesn't mean a ton, but he was one last year.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
It would be a smart signing to help bolster this less-than-stellar OL...
Reply/Quote
Well as sad as some will be to hear this...Bodine may actually be our best o lineman based on play last year. The reality is we need more of a back up tackle based on how bad Winston has been and Andre being hurt
Reply/Quote
What happened to the solid RT that was released by the Raiders a week or so ago? Did he land anywhere?
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2017, 10:33 PM)corpjet Wrote: What happened to the solid RT that was released by the Raiders a week or so ago?  Did he land anywhere?

Austin Howard is a Raven, I think.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2017, 07:28 PM)Au165 Wrote: Well as sad as some will be to hear this...Bodine may actually be our best o lineman based on play last year. The reality is we need more of a back up tackle based on how bad Winston has been and Andre being hurt

That may be one of the scariest thoughts...EVER.

Boling is likely the best...but what if Bodine is our 2nd best lineman???
Reply/Quote
Considering that Bodine is pretty widely considered either the worst or one of the worst Centers in the NFL, if he is our best lineman that would be terrifying.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Absolutely we should pick him up.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
With Boling being healthy again either him or Andre should be our best OL.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2017, 12:41 AM)Go Cards Wrote: With Boling being healthy again either him or Andre should be our best OL.
Just a hunch, but I think Fisher will prove to be one of our best on the OL this year. I think Ced will be serviceable as well.
Reply/Quote
Would not be surprised to hear something in the news about this guy, maybe he screwed up. May be the reason he was just let go like that just 5 months after picking him up in FA's.
Reply/Quote
Our oline is garbage and everyone is fully aware of that. Going forward with this unit and not considering outside help would be idiotic, but the very Bengal thing that they are going to do.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2017, 01:54 AM)treee Wrote: Just a hunch, but I think Fisher will prove to be one of our best on the OL this year. I think Ced will be serviceable as well.

Here lies the problem.  You don't put "serviceable" in a position to guard the franchise QB's blind side.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2017, 08:03 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Here lies the problem.  You don't put "serviceable" in a position to guard the franchise QB's blind side.
Eh, I think at worst he'll do well against decent to good DEs. We'll probably have to enlist help from RBs and TEs against some of the top tier DEs. Not a season ruiner by any means, but it does hamstring the gameplanning.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2017, 08:05 AM)treee Wrote: Eh, I think at worst he'll do well against decent to good DEs but we'll probably have to enlist help from RBs and TEs against some of the top tier DEs. Not a season ruiner by any means, but it does hamstring the gameplanning.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2017, 08:05 AM)treee Wrote: Eh, I think at worst he'll do well against decent to good DEs. We'll probably have to enlist help from RBs and TEs against some of the top tier DEs. Not a season ruiner by any means, but it does hamstring the gameplanning.

Well, I hope the offense is really good at executing their now limited play selection.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2017, 01:54 AM)treee Wrote: Just a hunch, but I think Fisher will prove to be one of our best on the OL this year. I think Ced will be serviceable as well.

I agree about Fisher, but while I have hopes Ced plays his butt off this year, the fact he got bull rushed in practice the other day by Lawson does not give me confidence. Every D-lineman in the league knows Ceds kryptonite is the bull rush, and will use that knowledge.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2017, 08:31 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I agree about Fisher, but while I have hopes Ced plays his butt off this year, the fact he got bull rushed in practice the other day by Lawson does not give me confidence. Every D-lineman in the league knows Ceds kryptonite is the bull rush, and will use that knowledge.
We could always try Fisher at LT and Winston (or Andre) at right if Ob is that bad.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2017, 08:39 AM)treee Wrote: We could always try Fisher at LT and Winston (or Andre) at right if Ob is that bad.

Winston has been horrible this camp. If a decent vet gets cut I can see Winston getting walking papers.
Reply/Quote