Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jerick McKinnon
I didn't even realize McKinnon was a FA until earlier in the week.

He's basically the perfect example of what the Bengals need. He's an effective pass catcher out of the backfield and he's a fearless and effective personal protector for the quarterback. Also, the guy played for less than 2 mil last year.

Is he injured? Waiting for KC to clear up other issue and make him an offer?

I'd grab McKinnon from KC quick if he can pass a physical and will play for a contract similar to what he did last year.

There will be a rookie rb on this team in 2023. Still, it could be a major benefit to have the experienced prototype around for a season or 2.
Reply/Quote
Would love to have Jerick if his neck is okay...
Reply/Quote
I'm in agreement with you, he would be a great fit. What do we know about what the staff thinks of RB? Have we been linked to any RBs? Was Jamaal Williams interest baseless? All we know are the non definite comments for Mixon, them not matching Perine's deal (2nd RB money vs what they're paying for a starting safety in Scott and likely for a starting TE), and they scouted a lot of prospects. So, if we don't start looking at some of these RBs, which will be some pretty good bargains, then it's going to look more like Mixon is the starter and they're grooming the pick to takeover in a year.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 02:06 PM)phil413 Wrote: I'm in agreement with you, he would be a great fit.  What do we know about what the staff thinks of RB?  Have we been linked to any RBs?  Was Jamaal Williams interest baseless?  All we know are the non definite comments for Mixon, them not matching Perine's deal (2nd RB money vs what they're paying for a starting safety in Scott and likely for a starting TE), and they scouted a lot of prospects.  So, if we don't start looking at some of these RBs, which will be some pretty good bargains, then it's going to look more like Mixon is the starter and they're grooming the pick to takeover in a year.

Oh, I think they are definitely looking for at least 1 RB and more likely 2. 1 in FA and 1 in the Draft.

They have visited with RB's and TE positions the most leading up to the Draft. Perine going to Denver even exemplifies it all.

Fun times, been since we drafted Mixon since we were really looking at RB's. Love it when we get to look at the RB's in the draft.

Exciting position. They won't keep Mixon, he costs too much and cannot pass block and at times has bad vision.

I would be almost as surprised as the Orlando Brown signing if we have one more year of Mixon. 

Saves money to designate him a June 1st cut right now and there are so many options out there that are willing pass blockers, 
that have good vision and burst and can catch the ball out of the backfield. McKinnon being one of them if his neck is alright.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 02:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Oh, I think they are definitely looking for at least 1 RB and more likely 2. 1 in FA and 1 in the Draft.

They have visited with RB's and TE positions the most leading up to the Draft. Perine going to Denver even exemplifies it all.

Fun times, been since we drafted Mixon since we were really looking at RB's. Love it when we get to look at the RB's in the draft.

Exciting position. They won't keep Mixon, he costs too much and cannot pass block and at times has bad vision.

I would be almost as surprised as the Orlando Brown signing if we have one more year of Mixon. 

Saves money to designate him a June 1st cut right now and there are so many options out there that are willing pass blockers, 
that have good vision and burst and can catch the ball out of the backfield. McKinnon being one of them if his neck is alright.

Yeah there are about 6 or 7 RBs that would help form a good platoon with the rookie, but Mixon is still a Bengal.  I don't disagree that he should be cut, but the fact that they haven't been actually linked to any vets yet means something.  
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 03:16 PM)phil413 Wrote: Yeah there are about 6 or 7 RBs that would help form a good platoon with the rookie, but Mixon is still a Bengal.  I don't disagree that he should be cut, but the fact that they haven't been actually linked to any vets yet means something.  

I think we sign someone before we designate Mixon a June 1st cut. Good insurance before the cut.

Might even wait until after the draft with Perine leaving. Need to keep a couple Backs. We only have Trayveon and Evans after Mixon.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 03:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think we sign someone before we designate Mixon a June 1st cut. Good insurance before the cut.

Might even wait until after the draft with Perine leaving. Need to keep a couple Backs. We only have Trayveon and Evans after Mixon.

Idk man.  The ownershpi likes Joe.  we'll see how it goes.
Reply/Quote