Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jerome Simpson Part II?
So we all want Ross to play and the offense desperately needs speed. They played Malone today more than Ross. This year the team has been more than willing to play rookies.

In the preseason when Ross was healthy, we only seemingly saw him run reverses. We didn't really see him in pass routes.

Same thing with the Texans game. We saw him run a reverse and fumble then yanked.

Is he having trouble learning the offense? Is he having some sort of mental issue where he thinks too much and can't catch? He's a smaller guy. Is the physicality of the NFL too much?

I refuse to believe that he looks amazing in practice and the coaches are refusing to playing him.
Reply/Quote
Another A++ first round draft by Bengals Ninja
Reply/Quote
That name still gives me nightmares especially his last name
Reply/Quote
At this point, are there any explanations for why Ross is so low on the depth chart?
Reply/Quote
If for whatever reason your #1 pick can’t get in the field, you should have known that before you drafted him and then not drafted him.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He was injured, could not get on the practice field due to he was graduating (NFL rule), and then he had another injury before the season started which set him back.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 06:50 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: At this point, are there any explanations for why Ross is so low on the depth chart?

perhaps because he missed most of pre-season and then injured his knee in again and missed the next month of practice

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
So, we must all wonder. Just who's decision was it to select Ross?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 07:22 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He was injured, could not get on the practice field due to he was graduating (NFL rule), and then he had another injury before the season started which set him back.

I'm sure there were a lot of excuses for Jerome Simpson too.

How difficult is it to learn to run routes and catch the ball?
Reply/Quote
I just don't know. Ross was solid in college and was a pretty complete wide receiver. People focus way too much on his speed. He is able to do so much more. If he is having trouble learning the playbook, why bother putting him on the field? It's senseless to me to even have him dress if he's not part of the gameplan.

As for practicing, I just find it hard to believe that all of our starting OLine plus Andre constantly practice better than all of our OLine that we make inactive. Our OLine is currently ranked 31st. Would it be so bad to put Johnson at C or try Westerman at G? We see plenty of guys start who don't perform well in games. I find it hard to believe that neither Johnson or Westerman can't allow free runners like Bodine. I truly believe that at least the OLine is all according to Alexander the Great. If that's the case, he HAS to be gone, but he's close with the Brown family.

Lazor said that Lewis decides playing time. We can compare yards per carry all day long, but Mixon is way more explosive than Hill. If nothing else, what Mixon adds to the passing game should be getting him more playing time than Hill. Instead, Hill starts every game and second half.

All of this falls on Marvin. It makes zero sense to not see what Ross has and it makes even less sense to just suit him up as a body and not include him in the gameplan. Honestly, it doesn't look like Green seems to be involved much in the gameplan the last couple of weeks either.

Good coaches play to their strengths and use their weapons. Under Marvin, that doesn't always seem to be the case.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 06:44 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So we all want Ross to play and the offense desperately needs speed. They played Malone today more than Ross. This year the team has been more than willing to play rookies.

In the preseason when Ross was healthy, we only seemingly saw him run reverses. We didn't really see him in pass routes.

Same thing with the Texans game. We saw him run a reverse and fumble then yanked.

Is he having trouble learning the offense? Is he having some sort of mental issue where he thinks too much and can't catch? He's a smaller guy. Is the physicality of the NFL too much?

I refuse to believe that he looks amazing in practice and the coaches are refusing to playing him.

Washington is one of the top universities in the country. Obviously if you're a great athlete it's not the same as a general admission but I would be shocked if his problem was not being able to learn the offense. 

The dude has been healthy for one week, was lateto camp so he could get his degree, and wasnt on the field for most of that time. Why is it shocking that he might just not be ready for a game this week? 
Reply/Quote
I hope Ross complains about lack of touches to the media this week.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 07:29 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Washington is one of the top universities in the country. Obviously if you're a great athlete it's not the same as a general admission but I would be shocked if his problem was not being able to learn the offense. 

The dude has been healthy for one week, was lateto camp so he could get his degree, and wasnt on the field for most of that time. Why is it shocking that he might just not be ready for a game this week? 

I mean...we are basically halfway through the season.

The fact that he's only been healthy for a short period of time...in all that time is the biggest concern.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 07:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I mean...we are basically halfway through the season.

The fact that he's only been healthy for a short period of time...in all that time is the biggest concern.

Oh I completely agree. It's a typical Bengals move to grab a 1st round pick who doesn't even end up playing. But I'm willing to give a guy more then half a season before making assumptions that he's not smart enough to learn the playbook when there's no previous evidence of that. 
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 07:35 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Oh I completely agree. It's a typical Bengals move to grab a 1st round pick who doesn't even end up playing. But I'm willing to give a guy more then half a season before making assumptions that he's not smart enough to learn the playbook when there's no previous evidence of that. 

Marv has his reasons. What they are, we'll likely never know. But I'd wager they're not very good ones.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 07:37 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Marv has his reasons. What they are, we'll likely never know. But I'd wager they're not very good ones.

Agreed lol
Reply/Quote
I see no relation between John Ross and Jermome Simpson.

Other than they both play WR.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 08:18 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I see no relation between John Ross and Jermome Simpson.

Other than they both play WR.

That and Marvs apparent lack of ability to figure out a way to get them on the field 
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 07:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I hope Ross complains about lack of touches to the media this week.

If it leads to him leading the team in yards from scrimmage and making big splash plays.... I'm all for it.
Reply/Quote
So we can expect a TD flip into the end zone and 25lbs of pot delivered to his condo via UPS...what can Brown do for you?

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote