Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jerry Tillery
Has been cut. Maybe someone for the interior rotation
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
https://www.profootballrumors.com/2022/11/chargers-waive-dl-jerry-tillery

Does seem to have some pass rush ability at DT, but man he must suck at run defense to be cut by a weak Chargers DL.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Chargers waived former 1st rounder Jerry Tillery. Im thinking maybe worth a shot if he makes it to Bengals?
Great length and can push the interior pocket.
Reply/Quote
We definitely need interior pass rush help. BJ hasn't been the force he was last year. Larry O, where are you? Actually I know where he is and it sucks. Carter has been OK vs. the run but pass rush hasn't been there. It doesn't help to have good (Hubbard) and great (Trey) pass rushing ends when the QB can just step up and avoid them.

Reader getting back will help. But yeah, I'm sure they are giving Tillery a look.
Reply/Quote
A really good interior defensive lineman like DJ Reader can really make a huge impact.It’s not just the plays he makes,but also the plays that he makes happen.Huge benefits to our linebackers,when he’s requiring double teams.It will certainly be nice to have him back.Would be really nice to have Tillery,under the coaching of Lou Anarumo.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 01:37 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: A really good interior defensive lineman like DJ Reader can really make a huge impact.It’s not just the plays he makes,but also the plays that he makes happen.Huge benefits to our linebackers,when he’s requiring double teams.It will certainly be nice to have him back.Would be really nice to have Tillery,under the coaching of Lou Anarumo.

Agree 100% 

Don't know enough about Tillery to give an opinion and will just have to trust the coaches decision on this matter. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 12:38 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: We definitely need interior pass rush help.  BJ hasn't been the force he was last year.  Larry O, where are you?  Actually I know where he is and it sucks.  Carter has been OK vs. the run but pass rush hasn't been there.  It doesn't help to have good (Hubbard) and great (Trey) pass rushing ends when the QB can just step up and avoid them.

Reader getting back will help.  But yeah, I'm sure they are giving Tillery a look.

Larry O...The guy with .5 sacks on the entire year compared to 2 for BJ? And that's while playing next to Cam Heyward instead of 3rd string players. BJ also has almost double as many tackles. 

We definitely need to do something to improve the pass rush but signing BJ instead of Larry was not a bad decision at all.
Reply/Quote
Liked Tillery a lot coming out a few of years ago. Must have been a culture clash or something, 'cause he isn't a BAD player by any stretch and there's a sizable investment into him, being a 1st round pick and all...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 03:41 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Liked Tillery a lot coming out a few of years ago. Must have been a culture clash or something, 'cause he isn't a BAD player by any stretch and there's a sizable investment into him, being a 1st round pick and all...

Sounds like he was upset about not being a starter anymore and not as many snaps which lead to causing some issues. (I assume this last part) If that's what he's looking for I'm not sure we'll be the right spot. 
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 03:27 PM)TheFan Wrote: Larry O...The guy with .5 sacks on the entire year compared to 2 for BJ? And that's while playing next to Cam Heyward instead of 3rd string players. BJ also has almost double as many tackles. 

We definitely need to do something to improve the pass rush but signing BJ instead of Larry was not a bad decision at all.

Fred would come in here and blast you with his Ogunjobi love for saying this lol

(11-12-2022, 03:41 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Liked Tillery a lot coming out a few of years ago. Must have been a culture clash or something, 'cause he isn't a BAD player by any stretch and there's a sizable investment into him, being a 1st round pick and all...

I would do it if Tillery wants to be in a rotation, if not, no thanks.

(11-12-2022, 03:45 PM)TheFan Wrote: Sounds like he was upset about not being a starter anymore and not as many snaps which lead to causing some issues. (I assume this last part) If that's what he's looking for I'm not sure we'll be the right spot. 

I tend to agree with you. Doubt we bring him in unless he wants to rotate and I think our coaches like Zach Carter who 
does show flashes once in awhile, I like how he has gotten better at stopping the run then I thought he would. I have just
been a little disappointed in Carter not getting to the QB but this could still happen. He is a natural pass rusher.

If we bring in Tillery it will be telling on what the coaches think of Carter.
Reply/Quote
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Jerry-Tillery
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Word is being claimed by Dallas, i don;t think he was worth any capital.. I like our Dline especially with Reader coming back
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 03:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Fred would come in here and blast you with his Ogunjobi love for saying this lol

Hah I really liked him when he was here. But I think there were a lot of valid concerns about his injury and if he would be able to have another career year. So far those concerns have been proven right. I mean he did lose out on a 40million dollar deal for failing a physical. 
Reply/Quote
I like Tillery too, but he’s not a very stout run defender.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 05:36 PM)TheFan Wrote: Hah I really liked him when he was here. But I think there were a lot of valid concerns about his injury and if he would be able to have another career year. So far those concerns have been proven right. I mean he did lose out on a 40million dollar deal for failing a physical. 

Oh yeah, I liked Ogunjobi a lot myself but that was a bad injury to try and come back from and we made the right 
choice in the 3-tech to keep clearly like you said. BJ Hill actually is a much better run stopper and had nearly the same
impact as a pass rusher for us last season in less snaps. But Fred would argue with me all the time on this point even 
thought the numbers prove this to be true.

(11-12-2022, 05:57 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I like Tillery too, but he’s not a very stout run defender.

Well, we need a little more pass rush from the middle is the point. 

We have run stoppers and should be getting DJ back against the stealers who is one of the best run stopping NT's in the game.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 05:05 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Word is being claimed by Dallas, i don;t think he was worth any capital.. I like our Dline especially with Reader coming back

Oh well, yeah, I didn't think he fit what we needed here anyways. We just need Zach Carter to get better at rushing the passer
at 3-tech and we should be all good. Tillery would of had to of been in a rotation as a 3T here, didn't find it likely. Like Luvnit 
said, he must be a real bad run stopper. I don't like DT's that can only do 1 thing, I like them versatile like BJ Hill and DJ Reader.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 01:37 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: A really good interior defensive lineman like DJ Reader can really make a huge impact.It’s not just the plays he makes,but also the plays that he makes happen.Huge benefits to our linebackers,when he’s requiring double teams.It will certainly be nice to have him back.Would be really nice to have Tillery,under the coaching of Lou Anarumo.

One of the MANY fun parts about watching Reader play is how many times he still forces throws or almost makes the play while being double teamed by two guys trying their asses off to stop him.

All I see is Sam Adams but with much better balance and control.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 05:57 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I like Tillery too, but he’s not a very stout run defender.

I'm with you. I don't know where we'd play another 3T. I think Reader will be the big addition... and that's a mighty big addition. Hopefully Tufele can provide NT depth behind him now. 
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 06:16 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: One of the MANY fun parts about watching Reader play is how many times he still forces throws or almost makes the play while being double teamed by two guys trying their asses off to stop him.

All I see is Sam Adams but with much better balance and control.

Yeah, special player.

(11-12-2022, 06:16 PM)tms Wrote: I'm with you. I don't know where we'd play another 3T. I think Reader will be the big addition... and that's a mighty big addition. Hopefully Tufele can provide NT depth behind him now. 

We are actually pretty stacked at DT with the addition of Tufele and Reader coming back. Now if Zach Carter steps up 
and adds some pass rush in the middle look out.
Reply/Quote

In this case, his position coach would be far more responsible for any development than the DC.  Bengals DL coach is Marion Hobby

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote