Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jerry Tillery
(11-12-2022, 05:05 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Word is being claimed by Dallas, i don;t think he was worth any capital.. I like our Dline especially with Reader coming back

not saying the Cowboys don't want to claim him, but if the Bengals claim him too, he comes to Cincinnati.  We have waiver priority over them

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
PFF is not the be all/end all but he's got a better grade than any DT we have not named DJ Reader. The problem is that he's a 3-tech which means he's not a Dj Reader backup but in the Hill/Carter rotation, and we just paid Hill 10M.yr.
Reply/Quote
This would be the highest talent addition outside what we could have done in a trade. I’d definitely take a flyer to let him get working with Marion Hobby and Lou
Reply/Quote
Never hurts to add talent and Tillery definitely has potential.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 07:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We are actually pretty stacked at DT with the addition of Tufele and Reader coming back. Now if Zach Carter steps up 
and adds some pass rush in the middle look out.

Yeah I agree. It just looks bad with the injuries. Once they come back they'll be fine. It may be different Reader has lingering effects. 

I think depth in general on the roster is pretty good. Chido is a big loss but they have a versatile backfield, and they've been talking about showing more two-safety looks since the draft. Maybe this gives them an excuse to do so. 

I think the one hole is maybe TE. I don't hear too much about that. Sample's out, we don't have wideout size that can be repurposed in a pinch (like Tate, for example), and the upside wasn't high to begin with. I don't know what the plans are for Asiasi and I'm not sure TE will ever be featured in this offense, but we've got a lot of eggs in the basket of one Hurst. Maybe too many. Just my 2c. 
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 03:55 PM)tms Wrote: Yeah I agree. It just looks bad with the injuries. Once they come back they'll be fine. It may be different Reader has lingering effects. 

I think depth in general on the roster is pretty good. Chido is a big loss but they have a versatile backfield, and they've been talking about showing more two-safety looks since the draft. Maybe this gives them an excuse to do so. 

I think the one hole is maybe TE. I don't hear too much about that. Sample's out, we don't have wideout size that can be repurposed in a pinch (like Tate, for example), and the upside wasn't high to begin with. I don't know what the plans are for Asiasi and I'm not sure TE will ever be featured in this offense, but we've got a lot of eggs in the basket of one Hurst. Maybe too many. Just my 2c. 

I wouldnt go as far as saying we are stacked although Tufele has been a pleasant addition as run stuffer. I want to see more inside push from Carter and Sample but its just not happening.  I watch other teams that have those "guys" on the d line like SF, Tennessee, Dallas, Buff and now with adding Chubb ....Miami and we look quite pedestrian in comparison.  
Reply/Quote
Claimed by the Raiders who were 2nd in waiver priority. apparently, the Raiders were seeking to trade for him before the deadline but the Chargers said no

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 03:55 PM)tms Wrote: Yeah I agree. It just looks bad with the injuries. Once they come back they'll be fine. It may be different Reader has lingering effects. 

Cannot disagree, after Hurst we are pretty thin at TE even if I like how Wilcox blocks in the run game.

(11-14-2022, 11:39 AM)kalibengal Wrote: I wouldnt go as far as saying we are stacked although Tufele has been a pleasant addition as run stuffer. I want to see more inside push from Carter and Sample but its just not happening.  I watch other teams that have those "guys" on the d line like SF, Tennessee, Dallas, Buff and now with adding Chubb ....Miami and we look quite pedestrian in comparison.  

I said pretty stacked, too much to bring in another 3-tech and Carter and Sample are young. They could really improve 
especially Carter in getting pressure in the middle, we will see.

(11-14-2022, 06:33 PM)pally Wrote: Claimed by the Raiders who were 2nd in waiver priority.  apparently, the Raiders were seeking to trade for him before the deadline but the Chargers said no

Chargers should of traded him to the Raiders looking back. Bad move just cutting him especially after what happened 
last night with our old DT Covington going down.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 10:13 PM)Uncle Drinky Wrote: Never hurts to add talent and Tillery definitely has potential.

That sig lol  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
8 teams put in claims for him...the Bengals were not one of them

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2022, 10:34 PM)pally Wrote: 8 teams put in claims for him...the Bengals were not one of them

Thanks Pally, no surprise. I think we like where we are at DT. Just need to see some growth out of the youngsters...

Zach Carter step up please and give us some pass rush from the interior. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote