Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jersey Sales
NFL released some numbers yesterday

1) Tua- top selling in aqua and white versions
2) Brady (selling in every Buc's version)
3) Gronk
4) BURROW-Bengals Black Jersey

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
in no way should tua jerseys outsell burrow jerseys. But, miami does have the bigger fanbase I suppose
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2020, 02:28 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: in no way should tua jerseys outsell burrow jerseys. But, miami does have the bigger fanbase I suppose

SIGNIFICANTLY larger.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2020, 02:28 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: in no way should tua jerseys outsell burrow jerseys. But, miami does have the bigger fanbase I suppose

probably getting inked helped.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2020, 02:13 PM)pally Wrote: NFL released some numbers yesterday

1) Tua- top selling in aqua and white versions
2) Brady (selling in every Buc's version)
3) Gronk
4) BURROW-Bengals Black Jersey

I bought my Burrow color rush today.  Will not see it until October.    Cry
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Miami & Alabama have larger fan bases than Cincinnati & LSU. Makes sense he's outselling Burrow.
Reply/Quote
I ordered my Burrow jersey in White! Hoping the October delivery was more of a placeholder and it doesn't take that long???
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2020, 02:28 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: in no way should tua jerseys outsell burrow jerseys. But, miami does have the bigger fanbase I suppose

i think Tua being a Pacific Islander brings in fans that were originally unattached. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I will be buying a Burrow jersey in a bit...

Hope all these people buying Tua jerseys aren't going to be wasting their money with his injury concerns.

Surprised fans would do this with Tua's history, but hey I guess lots of people never study up on players.

Kind of makes sense with how Stealer and Phin fans were trying so hard to force their own minds into a possible trade lol
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2020, 07:51 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I bought my Burrow color rush today.  Will not see it until October.    Cry

Link?

Reply/Quote
Once I get a jersey with a player's name on it, their career goes to hell, so I will not get a Burrow jersey in a show of support.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2020, 09:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: i think Tua being a Pacific Islander brings in fans that were originally unattached. 

You could be on to something there, as Mariota had the top jersey when he was drafted #2 overall a few years ago.  The high sales were in part attributed to a spike in Hawaii and other Pacific territories.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2020, 10:36 PM)Destro Wrote: Once I get a jersey with a player's name on it, their career goes to hell, so I will not get a Burrow jersey in a show of support.

On behalf of Bengaldom, let me say "Thank You!!!!"
Reply/Quote
Honestly I am holding out until we get new uniforms. Already have 4 jerseys of the current look and I'm kinda over it.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I think I'd rather go buy a shirt of Walmart employees at random and take my chances. "The number one overall stock clerk of  the swing  shift in May of 1983 at the Little Rock location of Main and High Street! Ralph Kawalkski!" You never know..it might be valuable someday. And besides..I don't like shirts without pockets.  So what Ralph was fired for jerking off behind the checkout line while drunk on the job when caught looking up Annie Pitts skirt with a mirror . He could stock toilet paper with the best!  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2020, 10:36 PM)Destro Wrote: Once I get a jersey with a player's name on it, their career goes to hell, so I will not get a Burrow jersey in a show of support.

True, two of the players who were active in the 90s when I bought jerseys eventually shot themselves (they both played for the Bears) and the other one was Eifert right before his big "no big deal" ankle injury.

(05-13-2020, 09:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I will be buying a Burrow jersey in a bit...

Hope all these people buying Tua jerseys aren't going to be wasting their money with his injury concerns.

Surprised fans would do this with Tua's history, but hey I guess lots of people never study up on players.

Kind of makes sense with how Stealer and Phin fans were trying so hard to force their own minds into a possible trade lol

Meh, pretty prideful talk seeing as we are a fanbase that is currently buying nameplates to replace our last 1st overall pick QB's jersey. I can picture Dolphin fans laughing at all the Bengals fans buying Burrow jerseys after they had to burn their last 1st overall franchise savoir's jersey. Not trying to sound like a hater, just trying to put things in perspective here.

I don't believe in karma, but we certainly live in a glass house, so to speak.
Reply/Quote
Literally just ordered my family their Burrow jerseys tonight. Want to pick up a Color Rush too, but aren’t the ones you see online right now from unauthorized manufacturers? They’ll get new unis next year anyway (probably) so I’ll have to get those too.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2020, 11:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: True, two of the players who were active in the 90s when I bought jerseys eventually shot themselves (they both played for the Bears) and the other one was Eifert right before his big "no big deal" ankle injury.

Meh, pretty prideful talk seeing as we are a fanbase that is currently buying nameplates to replace our last 1st overall pick QB's jersey. I can picture Dolphin fans laughing at all the Bengals fans buying Burrow jerseys after they had to burn their last 1st overall franchise savoir's jersey. Not trying to sound like a hater, just trying to put things in perspective here.

Dolphins fans have no room to laugh at any other team. They’re a joke. And have been for 20 years. Their top 10 QB was successful the minute he left that dumpster fire of a franchise. If you live in a warm weather city Miami, with no state tax, and still can’t build a consistently decent team shame on you.

Reply/Quote
(05-14-2020, 12:14 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dolphins fans have no room to laugh at any other team. They’re a joke. And have been for 20 years. Their top 10 QB was successful the minute he left that dumpster fire of a franchise. If you live in a warm weather city Miami, with no state tax, and still can’t build a consistently decent team shame on you.

I'm not defending Miami so much as saying to each his own but I don't really get the glee for pissing on the fans of another team.  Especially one that is as long-suffering as we are.  I can see us getting smug at the Steelers or Patriots falling apart and their fans crying boo hoo, but the Dolphins?  Ehh, let them get excited about Tua...who are we to tell them that getting excited about a rookie QB is a stupid move?

Just my two cents.  And I realize we are just talking among ourselves so it doesn't matter, but again...glass houses and all.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2020, 11:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: True, two of the players who were active in the 90s when I bought jerseys eventually shot themselves (they both played for the Bears) and the other one was Eifert right before his big "no big deal" ankle injury.

Meh, pretty prideful talk seeing as we are a fanbase that is currently buying nameplates to replace our last 1st overall pick QB's jersey.  I can picture Dolphin fans laughing at all the Bengals fans buying Burrow jerseys after they had to burn their last 1st overall franchise savoir's jersey.  Not trying to sound like a hater, just trying to put things in perspective here.

Gee thanks Father Flannigan. Not sure why we care what the Dolphin fans or any other fans think.
Reply/Quote