Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jessie Bates
Dude is playing at a high level this season! He has made two PFF team of weeks and outside of the Cleveland game seems to be everywhere on the field. Seems like he is starting to gel in his role out there.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 01:41 AM)J24 Wrote: Dude is playing at a high level this season! He has made two PFF team of weeks and outside of the Cleveland game seems to be everywhere on the field. Seems like he is starting to gel in his role out there.

He's been playing at a high level since the day he joined.  

Think having the same DC, scheme for more than one year is helping...said on previous threads he's already pro bowl level but like Reggie Nelson will need to be on a playoff team or have monster year for INTs to be recognised playing for the Bengals.

Yet again another great 2nd round pick in a year when our #1 pick was garbage (Price)
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 01:41 AM)J24 Wrote: Dude is playing at a high level this season! He has made two PFF team of weeks and outside of the Cleveland game seems to be everywhere on the field. Seems like he is starting to gel in his role out there.

Glad he got his stuff together after the Browns game, was all over the place in all 3 of the other games this year, especially the 
Jags game. Bates has great instincts and can definitely be a game changer for us like Reggie cause he is also a ballhawk and hits
harder then some give him credit for, sure, not Reggie Nelson hard, but still. Bates doesn't lack physicality.

Bogus call against Bates in the opener really made it seem like he didn't have as good of a game as he actually did.
Reply/Quote

Dude is playing at a high level half of this season.

Seems like you have to flip a coin to see if Bates is going to know how to tackle or not that week.

When he remembers how to tackle, he's a potential Pro Bowl safety. When he doesn't, he's one of the worst in the league. Doesn't seem to be a whole lot of middle ground. He's like the Jay Bruce of NFL Safeties.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Bates has a chance to be All-Pro and Pro-Bowl this year.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He's the 2nd rated overall Safety and the top rated cover Safety. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 01:50 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Dude is playing at a high level half of this season.

Seems like you have to flip a coin to see if Bates is going to know how to tackle or not that week.

When he remembers how to tackle, he's a potential Pro Bowl safety. When he doesn't, he's one of the worst in the league. Doesn't seem to be a whole lot of middle ground. He's like the Jay Bruce of NFL Safeties.

The Browns game was bad, but other than that he played very good in the 3 other games.

But I do agree Bates needs to get more consistent in his tackling and not have those games like the Browns games.

Get that shit outta here. Wrap up.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 05:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The Browns game was bad, but other than that he played very good in the 3 other games.

But I do agree Bates needs to get more consistent in his tackling and not have those games like the Browns games.

Get that shit outta here. Wrap up.

Gotta remember that Bates came out as a redshirt sophomore from Wake Forest. One of his biggest knocks was his tackling. It will probably get better, but you also shouldn't be depending on your safety to make a bunch of tackles. 

This is Bates third season and he's up for an extension after this season. The Bengals will need to start negotiating and prepare themselves to dish out some big bucks for Bates.

Here's the top 10 safety salaries for 2020:
  • 1. Cardinals safety Budda Baker: $14.75 million
  • 2. Bears safety Eddie Jackson: $14.6 million
  • 3. Titans safety Kevin Byard: $14.1 million
  • 4. Chiefs safety Tyrann Mathieu: $14 million
  • 4. Redskins safety Landon Collins: $14 million
  • 6. Patriots safety Devin McCourty: $11.5 million
  • 7. Broncos safety Justin Simmons: $11.4 million
  • 7. Vikings safety Anthony Harris: $11.4 million
  • 9. Broncos safety Kareem Jackson: $11 million
  • 10. Raiders safety LaMarcus Joyner: $10.5 million
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 01:14 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Gotta remember that Bates came out as a redshirt sophomore from Wake Forest. One of his biggest knocks was his tackling. It will probably get better, but you also shouldn't be depending on your safety to make a bunch of tackles. 

This is Bates third season and he's up for an extension after this season. The Bengals will need to start negotiating and prepare themselves to dish out some big bucks for Bates.

Whoa, didn't know we have to give him an extension after this season.  Shocked

Thanks for this Bengal Dude, Bates will command a lot of money as already being mentioned as one of the top Safeties in the NFL.

And yeah, I know what Bates knock was coming out and I thought he tackled way better than I thought he would as a rookie, it was
last season when he was the worst tackler in football that made me raise an eyebrow. He should of got better at tackling, not worse.

Then this year he has that crappy Browns game and then tackles soundly in the other 3, just strange man.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 01:14 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Gotta remember that Bates came out as a redshirt sophomore from Wake Forest. One of his biggest knocks was his tackling. It will probably get better, but you also shouldn't be depending on your safety to make a bunch of tackles. 

Something will have to give between WJIII, Waynes, and Phillips (who has quietly been a real find).  I don't think you can afford to pay WJIII more than you did Waynes, and he will deserve it.  Securing Bates will be vital.  At least we know we won't be spending money on Green or Ross.  
Reply/Quote
Jessie Bates had another great game. He is the best safety in the NFL right now. They need to lock him up this offseason.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 01:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Whoa, didn't know we have to give him an extension after this season.  Shocked

Thanks for this Bengal Dude, Bates will command a lot of money as already being mentioned as one of the top Safeties in the NFL.

And yeah, I know what Bates knock was coming out and I thought he tackled way better than I thought he would as a rookie, it was
last season when he was the worst tackler in football that made me raise an eyebrow. He should of got better at tackling, not worse.

Then this year he has that crappy Browns game and then tackles soundly in the other 3, just strange man.

We don't have to give him an extension after this season, but we can start discussing one with him and his agent. The Bengals could easily have preliminary talks and then pursue a deal after next season. The problem with waiting until after the 2021 season is that we also have Hubbard, Tate, and Phillips expiring after that season as well. They might as well work on extensions with some of them now.

(10-08-2020, 01:29 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Something will have to give between WJIII, Waynes, and Phillips (who has quietly been a real find).  I don't think you can afford to pay WJIII more than you did Waynes, and he will deserve it.  Securing Bates will be vital.  At least we know we won't be spending money on Green or Ross.  

I would definitely go with WJ3 first. Phillips does have his struggles, but his deal ends after the 21 season. The Bengals could cut Waynes and save $6 million after the 21 season. It seems like the Waynes relationship got off to a rocky start during the offseason when it came to the medical evaluations. The other option would be the Bengals decide to let Alexander walk after this season and roll with Phillips as their slot corner. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
The defense has some bright spots, Bates being one of them.

Seems like they may have finally drafted some decent linebackers in Wilson and Davis-Gaither as well.
Reply/Quote
Bates has been an absolute stud, but Bell has been a huge disappointment so far. He can’t cover for shit.

Reply/Quote