Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jessie Bates is that dude
We are so lucky we drafted this guy in the 2nd round. He's a true free safety who not only plays the ball better than even Reggie Nelson did, but can also lay down the wood and hit a dude, legally I might add.

We got ourselves a stud for many years to come, and one that adds a whole new dimension to our defense. I can't wait to see him read Big Ben's eyes and take his f****** lunch until that d-bag retires.
Reply/Quote
He is the only db who can catch a football....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 01:30 PM)clevelandsdad Wrote: We are so lucky we drafted this guy in the 2nd round. He's a true free safety who not only plays the ball better than even Reggie Nelson did, but can also lay down the wood and hit a dude, legally I might add.

We got ourselves a stud for many years to come, and one that adds a whole new dimension to our defense. I can't wait to see him read Big Ben's eyes and take his f****** lunch until that d-bag retires.

Dude, i was going to make a Jessie Bates the third thread... Smirk

I wanted this guy in stripes badly, thought he would last to the 3rd round cause he wasn't best tackler but...

Bates hits and tackles great already, thought it would take some more time.

The next up and coming great ballhawk.

I love Reggie, always will but this guy might be the next Ed Reed.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 01:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Dude, i was going to make a Jessie Bates the third thread... Smirk

I wanted this guy in stripes badly, thought he would last to the 3rd round cause he wasn't best tackler but...

Jessie might already be one of our 5 best defenders. What a beast!

Personally think he's right behind Derwin James for best rookie safety. 
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 01:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Dude, i was going to make a Jessie Bates the third thread... Smirk

Yup! Wait til he get a little more experience and starts to know each QB style!
Reply/Quote
If he hadn't of tapped his inner Dre on that pass he ran down was that against Ryan ? went right thru his hands. He'd have another int.
Reply/Quote
And just 21 years old. Bengals have 3 other players 21. Jefferson, Tate, and Walton. None of them are even close to Jessie's snap count which is like 99 percent of defensive snaps. Future is bright.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 01:37 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: He is the only db who can catch a football....

Hilarious

spot on...Wjax, DreK and Dennard are hands of stone.   Williams made one INT of Big ben and people were anointing him as ed reed.

Jessie Bates is the real deal.  To be starting and contributing this much this early is great...and as another has posted i can see him just getting better like Reggie once he sees the AFCN Qb twice a year
Reply/Quote
We will find out a lot over the next two weeks. Two vertical offenses that stress safeties into making decisions.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 01:44 PM)thillan Wrote: Personally think he's right behind Derwin James for best rookie safety. 

Agree.  Jessie is on pace for about 100 tackles and 6 picks.  Darious Leonard at LB is having a good year.  Jessie might be top three in a rookie DPOY vote.
Reply/Quote
His interception was pretty impressive. He went nearly halfway across the field to get there.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 02:17 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Agree.  Jessie is on pace for about 100 tackles and 6 picks.  Darious Leonard at LB is having a good year.  Jessie might be top three in a rookie DPOY vote.

I wanted Leonard at LB.  Looks like the Bengals could have used him.   
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
PFF already has Bates graded as a top 5 overall safety thus far. I was meh when Bengals drafted him as I wanted them to take an Offensive Tackle in second round, but Bates looks like a 10 year starter. Great start to his NFL career and glad I was wrong.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 03:03 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: PFF already has Bates graded as a top 5 overall safety thus far.  I was meh when Bengals drafted him as I wanted them to take an Offensive Tackle in second round, but Bates looks like a 10 year starter. Great start to his NFL career and glad I was wrong.

Here's the link to the PFF article that talks up Bates if anyone wants to get more hyped

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-bengals-jessie-bates-earns-an-elite-single-game-grade-in-week-5-builds-on-strong-rookie-campaign
Reply/Quote
Most credible draft experts had Bates as one of the best true free safeties in college. I was ecstatic when we selected him and he's proving to be an excellent S.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 01:30 PM)clevelandsdad Wrote: We are so lucky we drafted this guy in the 2nd round. He's a true free safety who not only plays the ball better than even Reggie Nelson did, but can also lay down the wood and hit a dude, legally I might add.

I sure hope he follows Reggie as Rothlesberger's pain. If I remember correctly Reggie Nelson intercepted Rothlesberger more than anyone while he was with the Bengals. We've missed that.

Reply/Quote
Let’s rewind to Week Two against the Ratbirds when Jessie Bates III made his first NFL interception. After the game, analyst Michael Irvin reviewed that play and went absolutely nuts. Why? Most picks are made on the front end of the play and it’s very difficult to make a pick on the back end — but that’s exactly what Jessie Bates did. According to Irvin, only the very best defensive backs can make interceptions behind the receiver and when it happened to him it scared him because it meant the defensive back had to be taken more seriously than the others.
Reply/Quote
By year 3 he'll be wearing the captain patch on his jersey. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
He looks good for sure but some of y'all need to chill LOL
Reply/Quote
Yup, better cut him next training camp.. He's only 5th in the league in yards allowed . What a bum.. Definitely a bust.. 

Oh wait..That's actually pretty good.  Ehhh.. cut anyway.. we don't deserve a great safety.. After all, he deserves to be on a team where he can get a ring.. (How many times have we heard that kind of nonsense about our best players? )
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote