Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jessie Bates puts it bluntly

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
bfine puts it bluntly:

A few more of the performances like Bates put on Thursday and he should be one of them.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 02:39 PM)pally Wrote:

WhoDey2 Meaning exactly what??

It seems easy to figure out. Until/Unless you get a DC who has moxie and who has a personality that permeates through the entire defense, then its up to the players to change the atmosphere to 11 badasses walking on the field with the mentality of: "We don't give up yards-ever".

Then go out and make it happen...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
defensive line shoudl disappear. also im surpised william jackson got smoked by OBJ so much, guess OBJ is that much better. One smoke is enough. offense did their job well enough.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 02:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: bfine puts it bluntly:

A few more of the performances like Bates put on Thursday and he should be one of them.

The thing that is frustrating is that he shows so many good flashes nut then puts on a stinker like Thursday! 
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 03:20 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: The thing that is frustrating is that he shows so many good flashes nut then puts on a stinker like Thursday! 

Yeah, Bates is a strange player that way. His rookie year he was a much better tackler than I thought he would be as that was
his one weakness in college. Then his sophomore year he was one of if not the worst tacklers in the NFL at Safety. Then the first 
game he made some good tackles, then this one... WTF?!!!
Reply/Quote
Tackling has gotten worse since the new coaching staff arrived.

Run defense has gotten way worse since the new coaching staff arrived.

Running game has gotten worse since the new coaching staff arrived.

Passing game has gotten worse since the new coaching staff arrived.

Special teams has been about the same, good. Oh, that coach wasn't part of the new coaching staff who arrived. What'ya know about that?

Flush these newly arrived bums and bring in some actual NFL caliber coaches!

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 08:32 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Tackling has gotten worse since the new coaching staff arrived.

Run defense has gotten way worse since the new coaching staff arrived.

Running game has gotten worse since the new coaching staff arrived.

Passing game has gotten worse since the new coaching staff arrived.

Special teams has been about the same, good. Oh, that coach wasn't part of the new coaching staff who arrived. What'ya know about that?

Flush these newly arrived bums and bring in some actual NFL caliber coaches!

Better improve big time or the only coach that I would keep around is that Special Teams coach!
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 08:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Better improve big time or the only coach that I would keep around is that Special Teams coach!

He should be the Head Coach.  Baltimore proved in its hire of Harbaugh that ST coaches can get it done.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 12:35 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: He should be the Head Coach.  Baltimore proved in its hire of Harbaugh that ST coaches can get it done.

If Taylor cannot get it done, fine with me. Simmons is a fine coach, maybe the best ST's coach in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
I'd almost be tempted to give Simmons a shot, but most in-house promotions with this team have not been great.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 02:14 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I'd almost be tempted to give Simmons a shot, but most in-house promotions with this team have not been great.

Guenther wasn't good?
Hue?

We haven't really promoted from within since Marv got here and even then, it's been 50/50.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Bates seems to disappear when the ball carriers are big, fast and physical.

I'd be all for Simmons if the Taylor squad fails - or Guenther for that matter.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 02:28 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Guenther wasn't good?
Hue?

We haven't really promoted from within since Marv got here and even then, it's been 50/50.

Hue proved to be a disaster when he was promoted to HC in Cleveland, and people didn't like Guenther when he was here. 
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 02:43 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Hue proved to be a disaster when he was promoted to HC in Cleveland, and people didn't like Guenther when he was here. 

1. But when we promoted him here, he shone.
2. That is completely irrelevant; we had the #2 scoring defense in 2015 and really good Ds in 2016 and 2017.

When we promote from within, it's 50/50.

If we talk about people getting bigger jobs with other teams, almost all of them have failed (mainly due to the fact that not every good coordinator is a good HC).
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 03:22 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 1. But when we promoted him here, he shone.
2. That is completely irrelevant; we had the #2 scoring defense in 2015 and really good Ds in 2016 and 2017.

When we promote from within, it's 50/50.

If we talk about people getting bigger jobs with other teams, almost all of them have failed (mainly due to the fact that not every good coordinator is a good HC).

50/50 promoting to HC from within?
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 03:25 PM)Sled21 Wrote: 50/50 promoting to HC from within?

I meant just promoting in general lol, if you want to go THAT route, well, we haven't promoted anyone since LeBeau/Coslet.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 03:31 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I meant just promoting in general lol, if you want to go THAT route, well, we haven't promoted anyone since LeBeau/Coslet.

That's what the conversation was about, promoting Simmons... one would assume to HC
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 03:33 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That's what the conversation was about, promoting Simmons... one would assume to HC

I know that, but I'm going on the recent promotions since the Marvin era; they've been 50/50

In-house promotions to HC have been LeBeau, Coslet, Um, Tiger Johnson? I think?

That's it.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 02:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: bfine puts it bluntly:

Even with 4 or 5 missed tackles Bates still lead the team with 10 tackles against Cleveland. I think that says something about how bad the front 7 played.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote