Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jets Trade Proposal
So, the OP is proposing that the Jets trade TD Teddy, for a washed up DE? Man, I'd bet they would jump all over that one. Mellow

Heck, we could at least offer them a little lube for the affair, in the way of a 5th or 6th round draft pick..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2018, 06:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, the OP is proposing that the Jets trade TD Teddy, for a washed up DE?  Man, I'd bet they would jump all over that one.   Mellow

Heck, we could at least offer them a little lube for the affair, in the way of a 5th or 6th round draft pick..

I never understood the nickname TD teddy. I think the most TDs he had in a year was like 14
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2018, 06:27 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I never understood the nickname TD teddy. I think the most TDs he had in a year was like 14

Are you sure?  I'm pretty sure that I read that he threw 72 TD passes and rushed for 6 more, in 3 seasons at Louisville.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2018, 06:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Are you sure?  I'm pretty sure that I read that he threw 72 TD passes and rushed for 6 more, in 3 seasons at Louisville.

Talking about the nfl
Reply/Quote
I don't know,
Imagine the Bengals lose a game where Dalton throws an INT in the game because Ross falls down and the opposing DB runs it back for the game winning TD.

How soon will there be chants of "TEDDY!" and boos coming from the fans?
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2018, 06:56 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I don't know,
Imagine the Bengals lose a game where Dalton throws an INT in the game because Ross falls down and the opposing DB runs it back for the game winning TD.

How soon will there be chants of "TEDDY!" and boos coming from the fans?

This is the main reason I would decline the offer.

That and Bridgewater is way over hyped.  I get why people in Cincinnati love him, and Jackson for that matter, but outside of that area many people would laugh at such an absurd notion of bringing in what would be a huge distraction.
Reply/Quote
For trades I'd be looking for Oline before I worry about the 2nd String QB. Maybe go to a team with an excess of talent at Oline like the Eagles. Word is they like Isaac Semulo enough that Chance Warmack might not make the cut. Let's give them something for him (doesn't have to be Michael Johnson -- a 5th rounder would be fine) so they don't have to make that decision. He's not great but he'd be needed improvement on what we have.

Reply/Quote
This team isn't trading MJ for a backup QB. It's just not going to happen.. He's too well liked by the team and while Barkley isn't going to win any championships he's still a viable backup. 
This team for years has been a disaster in the making if our main QB goes down and we all know it and I just don't see that changing any time soon unless Driscol or Woodside suddenly light things up in practice and preseason to begin looking like viable starters. 
Fact is if Andy goes down for any serious time in the regular season we're screwed and start getting ready for the next seasons draft and picking high by default . That's just the way it is. Like it or not  and trades don't just happen because some fans think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread .  GOD! I love sliced bread comparisons. Hey! Let's trade for an automatic bread slicing machine!   ThumbsUp  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
the reason why this won't happen, (and believe me, i hope the bengals can get Teddy)...
The FO will not bring in someone that threatens Dalton's psych and Teddy would be who the fans chant if Dalton has a bad couple games.
It will not happen.

Instead they will surround Dalton with that drunk kid, Barkely who is beyond washed up and a decent but non-threatening Driskel.
Hell, I would be happy if the convert Flowers to QB and cut Barkely so Flowers can get reps. They can stash Flowers on practice squad.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2018, 01:08 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I like Driskel and I want to see what Woodside can do before we make a trade for a QB.

I agree...
keep Driscoll.....
he's a fine back up QB.….
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2018, 07:23 PM)grampahol Wrote: This team isn't trading MJ for a backup QB. It's just not going to happen.. He's too well liked by the team and while Barkley isn't going to win any championships he's still a viable backup. 
This team for years has been a disaster in the making if our main QB goes down and we all know it and I just don't see that changing any time soon unless Driscol or Woodside suddenly light things up in practice and preseason to begin looking like viable starters. 
Fact is if Andy goes down for any serious time in the regular season we're screwed and start getting ready for the next seasons draft and picking high by default . That's just the way it is. Like it or not  and trades don't just happen because some fans think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread .  GOD! I love sliced bread comparisons. Hey! Let's trade for an automatic bread slicing machine!   ThumbsUp  

I disagree w/ you on us being "screwed"..... if Dalton goes down....

there is nothing wrong w/ Driscoll….
he can win games for us....
he's 6' 4:'s & FAST.....
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2018, 11:00 PM)Steve Wrote: I disagree w/ you on us being "screwed"..... if Dalton goes down....

there is nothing wrong w/ Driscoll….
he can win games for us....
he's 6' 4:'s & FAST.....

No... They're screwed if Driskell has to start any games this year. He's a nice lil preseason player , but that's it. Most teams are screwed when the starting QB goes down
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2018, 12:18 PM)c12schleyer Wrote: Here’s a thought and let me know what you think... the Bengals and Jets make a trade.

Bengals receive:
Teddy Bridgewater

Jets receive:
Michael Johnson

Both teams fill a need without any real change in the salary cap. It’s a win-win in my opinion.

P.S.- Barkley is garbage

There are very rarely player for player trades in the NFL, but to be fair, the Bengals have probably done more than most...

I think it could work because Todd Bowles can't wait any longer to produce.  He needs to win now.  Trading Bridgewater for a draft pick won't help him this year.  Then again, that is more on the GM, and who knows what that guy thinks about his HC. 

I like the idea, however, and if you think about it, the Jets would be getting a guy that can start while we are getting a backup. 
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2018, 12:18 PM)c12schleyer Wrote: Here’s a thought and let me know what you think... the Bengals and Jets make a trade.

Bengals receive:
Teddy Bridgewater

Jets receive:
Michael Johnson

Both teams fill a need without any real change in the salary cap. It’s a win-win in my opinion.

P.S.- Barkley is garbage

A young QB for an old DL? If they can get the jets to do that I wont say another bad thing about the FO. But I think the jets will just wait until Johnson gets cut before the season.
Reply/Quote
Funny when I suggested in the off season that we should just sign the former pro bowl QB as back up Mr Bridgewater, everyone scoffed.

Still like Driskell and am fine if we roll with him.

But of course I would love to see Teddy play here as would about a million Louisville fans who were Viking fans just a few years ago because of Teddy.

WR's always raved about Teddy's practices saying there were many that the ball never touches the ground. I have always raved about his games as well, plus he is so smart.

Just hope that knee holds up.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Why not Obueghi for Bridgewater instead? Always trade with our worst first.
Reply/Quote
The Jets would definitely trade a starting caliber QB for a backup DT/DE
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2018, 02:15 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Why not Obueghi for Bridgewater instead? Always trade with our worst first.

It's worth a phone call.  Cool

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2018, 03:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have a feeling McCown is the odd man out in NYJ

I'd take him too over what we have.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2018, 06:49 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Talking about the nfl

Well....he got the name in college, so........

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote