Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jets Trade Proposal
Here’s a thought and let me know what you think... the Bengals and Jets make a trade.

Bengals receive:
Teddy Bridgewater

Jets receive:
Michael Johnson

Both teams fill a need without any real change in the salary cap. It’s a win-win in my opinion.

P.S.- Barkley is garbage

C12Schleyer

[Image: 175fb1ebe161ecda7fb32824e3682755.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I like
Reply/Quote
Not a bad idea. Doubt coaches are ready to write our backups as bad as we consider them to be. But very interesting scenario. Would like that move.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2018, 12:25 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Not a bad idea. Doubt coaches are ready to write our backups as bad as we consider them to be. But very interesting scenario. Would like that move.

I hear you, but Bridgewater is going to increase in value as camp goes on. If we want him we need to move on him. The trade gives us a proven commodity of success in the NFL, Barkley hasn’t done anything worthwhile since his days at USC

C12Schleyer

Reply/Quote
I wonder if the Steelers are giving up on Josh Dobbs or are they going to carry 3 QBs.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2018, 12:18 PM)c12schleyer Wrote: Here’s a thought and let me know what you think... the Bengals and Jets make a trade.

Bengals receive:
Teddy Bridgewater

Jets receive:
Michael Johnson

Both teams fill a need without any real change in the salary cap. It’s a win-win in my opinion.

P.S.- Barkley is garbage

1st trades rarely happen in preseason. Next, why would a rebuilding Jets team want with an overpaid (old) DL?

The other issue is I believe Teddy's contract is up soon, so do we really want to pay a back up QB big bucks for a year or maybe 2 only to have him leave in FA.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I like Driskel and I want to see what Woodside can do before we make a trade for a QB.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2018, 12:47 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: 1st trades rarely happen in preseason. Next, why would a rebuilding Jets team want with an overpaid (old) DL?

The other issue is I believe Teddy's contract is up soon, so do we really want to pay a back up QB big bucks for a year or maybe 2 only to have him leave in FA.

MJ and Bridgewater are virtually identical cap hits. The Jets are rebuilding but could use a veteran presence on the DL and in the locker room. Consider him the defensive McCown.

Trades happen in preseason if the players involved are going to end up cut. And that could be the case with MJ and Bridgewater.

C12Schleyer

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2018, 01:08 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I like Driskel and I want to see what Woodside can do before we make a trade for a QB.

Driskel is an unknown... I feel more comfortable with a guy like Bridgewater who has proven himself in the NFL.

C12Schleyer

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2018, 01:11 PM)c12schleyer Wrote: Driskel is an unknown... I feel more comfortable with a guy like Bridgewater who has proven himself in the NFL.

Yeah....I'd rather have Teddy than any of the scrub backups we have. He looked sharp against ATL.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2018, 12:47 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: 1st trades rarely happen in preseason. Next, why would a rebuilding Jets team want with an overpaid (old) DL?

Good points. MJ is serviceable but not worth what he's being paid. However, if the scenario worked out it would be good for us. Even if Bridgewater was only here 2 yrs, we could find out if he was worth keeping, and also work on strengthening the depth chart at QB. 

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2018, 01:11 PM)c12schleyer Wrote: Driskel is an unknown... I feel more comfortable with a guy like Bridgewater who has proven himself in the NFL.

I agree, but i like what i see from Driskel. Still would love that trade you spoke of.

Barkley sounds pretty bad from what all of you are saying. I only saw the one nice pass to Malone so i didn't get to
see the bad. Have heard nothing about Woodside at all. Need a better backup QB it seems.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2018, 01:40 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Good points. MJ is serviceable but not worth what he's being paid. However, if the scenario worked out it would be good for us. Even if Bridgewater was only here 2 yrs, we could find out if he was worth keeping, and also work on strengthening the depth chart at QB. 

I agree, Jets would be morons to trade straight for MJ in a rebuilding year for them. That was my main point and this is not fantasy football.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Jets would never do this.
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2018, 12:18 PM)c12schleyer Wrote: Here’s a thought and let me know what you think... the Bengals and Jets make a trade.

Bengals receive:
Teddy Bridgewater

Jets receive:
Michael Johnson

P.S.- Barkley is garbage

Not going to happen.. 

I would rather just sign colin Kaepernick  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2018, 01:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I agree, but i like what i see from Driskel. Still would love that trade you spoke of.

Barkley sounds pretty bad from what all of you are saying. I only saw the one nice pass to Malone so i didn't get to
see the bad. Have heard nothing about Woodside at all. Need a better backup QB it seems.

If andy goes down we are definitely in trouble.  Driskel has potential imo, but i would like a more proven backup. I would like to see driskel go against first teamers before calling him a decent backup option. being out of market i doubt i will get to watch any pre season games though.

Edit.. i agree barkley is terrible
Reply/Quote
I have a feeling McCown is the odd man out in NYJ
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2018, 02:26 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: If andy goes down we are definitely in trouble.  Driskel has potential imo, but i would like a more proven backup. I would like to see driskel go against first teamers before calling him a decent backup option. being out of market i doubt i will get to watch any pre season games though.

Edit.. i agree barkley is terrible

Yeah, but AJM played decent against first teamers and than ended up sucking last year against backups.

Driskel was better than him last year and it was pretty clear.

I agree, would like to see Driskel against some first teamers.

You should be able to see the Bills game, it is on FOX a nationally televised game.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2018, 03:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have a feeling McCown is the odd man out in NYJ

Would be all for snatching up McCown then.
Reply/Quote
We need a true backup QB, Im all for trading whoever is gong to get cut for a serviceable back up signal caller.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote