Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jets trade QB Darnold to Panthers
Panthers get QB Sam Darnold

Jets get 2021 6th round pick, 2022 2nd round and 4th round picks

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31199202/new-york-jets-trade-qb-sam-darnold-carolina-panthers-3-draft-picks
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2021, 11:09 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Panthers get QB Sam Darnold

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31199202/new-york-jets-trade-qb-sam-darnold-carolina-panthers-3-draft-picks

apparently the jets havent liked their own first round selections for years now.

Bridgewater is available on the panthers...   If released worth looking at for backup/insurrance spot?
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2021, 12:37 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: apparently the jets havent liked their own first round selections for years now.

Bridgewater is available on the panthers...   If released worth looking at for backup/insurrance spot?

I thought he did okay with the Panthers they were better than I thought they’d be this year. I expect he’ll look for a chance to start. Maybe go to the Patriots he could compete with Cam Newton.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2021, 01:17 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I thought he did okay with the Panthers they were better than I thought they’d be this year. I expect he’ll look for a chance to start. Maybe go to the Patriots he could compete with Cam Newton.

really think the patriots will be tring to get into the QB frenzy at the top of the draft...  i do think Watson wants a chance to start just not sure there is a lot of places for that.. Texans???
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2021, 02:50 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: really think the patriots will be tring to get into the QB frenzy at the top of the draft...  i do think Watson wants a chance to start just not sure there is a lot of places for that.. Texans???

The problem with Watson is those 22 lawsuits filed against him.  The NFL has yet to even address this issue, so most teams are likely not going to touch him with a 10 foot pole.  Weather he wants to be there or not, Watson will likely remain a Texan this season.

The problem with Teddy B. is he is due like $23M this year.  Teams aren't going to pay that much for "competition" on the team.  I suspect Teddy will end up released, and then signed once some team loses their starter to injury this season.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2021, 05:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The problem with Watson is those 22 lawsuits filed against him.  The NFL has yet to even address this issue, so most teams are likely not going to touch him with a 10 foot pole.  Weather he wants to be there or not, Watson will likely remain a Texan this season.

The problem with Teddy B. is he is due like $23M this year.  Teams aren't going to pay that much for "competition" on the team.  I suspect Teddy will end up released, and then signed once some team loses their starter to injury this season.

I think he meant Bridgewater? But the Texans already signed Tyrod Taylor and traded for Ryan Finley. 

Patriots, Dallas (Definitely need a competent backup for the returning Prescott), Pittsburgh (Could look for a decent QB or potential Big Ben replacement), Denver, New Orleans (But they did put a lot of money into the other 2 Brees successors), and Colts could all use a decent veteran QB. Any of the other teams already have their veteran or I think are much more likely to draft a QB this year.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2021, 05:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The problem with Watson is those 22 lawsuits filed against him.  The NFL has yet to even address this issue, so most teams are likely not going to touch him with a 10 foot pole.  Weather he wants to be there or not, Watson will likely remain a Texan this season.

I only ment the Texans as a place Teddy Could potentially go and Start.      I suspect no one is trading for Teddy B and he will be released.  I was thinking about him as  a backup then we started talking about him still wanting to start so the discussion moved to possible locations.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2021, 11:09 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Panthers get QB Sam Darnold

Wouldn't you hate to be the jet's 6th round pick this year or next year's 2nd or 6th?  They'll have "Cut me" written all over them..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 09:45 PM)grampahol Wrote: Wouldn't you hate to be the jet's 6th round pick this year or next year's 2nd or 6th?  They'll have "Cut me" written all over them..

I'd hate to be the Jets 2nd overall pick or any of them for that matter.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2021, 02:17 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I'd hate to be the Jets 2nd overall pick or any of them for that matter.

As a Clemson fan I was so happy to see the Jets screw up and miss out on the 1st overall pick.

I would have hated to see Lawrence be wasted away on that team.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote