Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeudy = Higgins Future Salary??
Jeudy just signed a 3 year 58-million-dollar contract.

Can Higgins expect more? Higgins is making almost 22 million in 2024. That is a lot more than Jeudy got in his 3 years deal in year 1.

Thoughts?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Jeudy is a much worse WR than Higgins.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
They are paying Jeudy on his potential at this point. He hasn't done much in the NFL.

He can be a great WR still. But Higgins has done a lot more to earn a contract.
Reply/Quote
Why are the Browns so ***** stupid?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2024, 04:28 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Jeudy is a much worse WR than Higgins.

This x100. 
Reply/Quote
Lol...no

Higgins is waaaaay better.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2024, 04:49 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Why are the Browns so ***** stupid?

and LOADED

They have more money than God or something.

Why does it seem like they never run out of money or hit the caps.

Wth
Reply/Quote
Baffling paying Jeudy that much lol
Reply/Quote
I'm actually kinda interested in how big the bag Mulugheta gets Tee on some other team is, especially as it would also involve a trade. Otherwise Tee is here for his tag.
Reply/Quote
Does anyone know what the gap is between what Mulugheta wants and what the Bengals are offering? Or even basic ~estimates of term, total$, guaranteed$? Because I honestly don't know how to feel one way or the other without parameters. Like I'm passing judgment without knowing what they're even asking for. It's silly lol
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2024, 06:27 PM)tms Wrote: Does anyone know what the gap is between what Mulugheta wants and what the Bengals are offering?  Or even basic ~estimates of term, total$, guaranteed$? Because I honestly don't know how to feel one way or the other without parameters. Like I'm passing judgment without knowing what they're even asking for. It's silly lol

I heard we offered Tee 20-21M AVV with 30M guaranteed.  Tee wants more per year and way more guaranteed.  I also heard that we were open to paying a higher AAV but we were not going to come close to the guaranteed number. Pretty good source but we never know for sure.

Reply/Quote
If Tee has a good year. I could see us tagging him again.

If he has a down year. That’s two in a row. And his contract offers could be much weaker.

I hope we offer him a contract that makes him the top paid WR from this free agency cycle. So come in just higher than Ridley at 23 mil per.

I mean. This is the guy who almost killed Hamlin on the football field. So he is keenly aware that his playing days could end in an instant so I get wanting to maximize your earnings. But the grass isn’t always greener. He might end up costing himself a bunch of money being too greedy.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2024, 06:35 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I heard we offered Tee 20-21M AVV with 30M guaranteed.  Tee wants more per year and way more guaranteed.  I also heard that we were open to paying a higher AAV but we were not going to come close to the guaranteed number. Pretty good source but we never know for sure.

That helps. If it's $20-21 AAV that's way below-market now. $30 guaranteed seems fair tho. Although if Ridley's a marker at $50 and Pittman at $46, I see how it's tough to bridge that gap too. Thanks.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2024, 06:51 PM)tms Wrote: That helps. If it's $20-21 AAV that's way below-market now. $30 guaranteed seems fair tho. Although if Ridley's a marker at $50 and Pittman at $46, I see how it's tough to bridge that gap too. Thanks.

Keep in mind, we made that offer over a year ago, so it wasnt too crazy.  The reports that there have been no negotiations were likely due to Tee's agent saying they were absolutely not moving off the guarantee ask, so there was no use in talking. 

Reply/Quote
Doubtful that Higgins is settling for anything close to that amount. On another note Jeudy got lucky as hell. Ain't no way he's worth nearly $20M/per.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2024, 04:49 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Why are the Browns so ***** stupid?

are they stupid or just better at managing the cap leveraging the owners endless amount of $$? 
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2024, 04:22 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Jeudy just signed a 3 year 58-million-dollar contract.

Can Higgins expect more? Higgins is making almost 22 million in 2024. That is a lot more than Jeudy got in his 3 years deal in year 1.

Thoughts?

What?

That's only $19.3 mill APY.

Higgins will command closer to $25 mill APY, I believe.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2024, 04:58 PM)Whacked Wrote: and LOADED

They have more money than God or something.

Why does it seem like they never run out of money or hit the caps.

Wth

Doesn't matter - the stains are still the stains.
Reply/Quote
Believe Higgins will want $25 million and a 4 year deal and shoot for $60 guaranteed. His agent is ruthless and never wants to leave any meat on the bone. He got Bates a 4 year deal with over half of the contract guaranteed and he has more leverage with Tee.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2024, 08:30 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Believe Higgins will want $25 million and a 4 year deal and shoot for $60 guaranteed. His agent is ruthless and never wants to leave any meat on the bone. He got Bates a 4 year deal with over half of the contract guaranteed and he has more leverage with Tee.

I agree the number is closer to 25 million a year for Higgins. If so, we are getting a deal in 2024 and we can tag him again in 2025 for around 25 or 26 million.

The agent may be a tough negotiator, but not so sure he is in the driver's seat. If they want to secure Higgins future, they know Bengals could lock him up again in 2025 and know Bengals have the cap space to do it. 

It is a huge risk for a WR or any player to play on one year deals when you are only 25 years old. One bad hit, a torn ACL or a number of injuries and the value drops quickly.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote