Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jiffy Pop
When I was a kid my mom popped popcorn in a pan on the stove.  When they came out with Jiffy Pop I begged my mom to get some, but she said it was a waste of money. To give my mom credit she usually bought most of the stuff I asked for, but Jiffy Pop was expensive compared to the kernels you popped in a pan.

So one time me and a friend of mine were "camping out" in his back yard. He brought some Jiffy Pop to cook over the campfire, but our lame little campfire was not hot enough to make it pop.  So we just tore it open and dumped it in the fire to burn. He had some more pans of Jiffy Pop but he did not want to waste them.

Much later that night he followed a voice into the woods and never came back.  The next morning I took the unused pans of Jiffy Pop and hid them in my backpack before I told his parents he was missing.  They saw the one scorched pan in the ashes of the fire, but they never asked any questions.  They were from Lithuania or somewhere like that.

Once I got home with the Jiffy Pop I realized I could not pop them without explaining to my parents where I got them.  So I just sat in my room and chewed the oily un-popped kernels.  They came out in my poop undigested.

I did not like Jiffy Pop after that.

Did you guys like Jiffy Pop when you were young?
Reply/Quote
I still like it. Yeah; you run the risk of burning down your home every time you pop it, but nothing worth doing is easy. There's one store around here that carried it until the last 6-8 weeks. The label is still there but it hasn't been on the shelf. I've seen it on Amazon for $7 to $9... The ole "supply chain issue".
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
The magical treat that's more fun to make than it is to eat.. That's because it actually sucked to eat and our moms were a hell of a lot smarter than we ever dreamed of back then which is why i never got a mini bike, a go cart or the snazzy 90 dollar shoes that would make me a super athlete when i was 8 maybe? 
yeah..it really sucked that we were all wrong and our parents were actually ahead of the curve and we were just dumb kids, but there is a silver lining if you have your own kids and that is you get to or got to be the smart one and your kids got to be, well, dumb kids.. Full circle my friends..full circle.. 
My kids definitely played the dumb kids part as well as could be expected..I succeeded at it well beyond anyone's expectations.. I was a SUPER dumb kid.. LOL
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote