Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Judge Denies Trump's Motion Alleging Prosecutorial Misconduct
https://www.meidastouch.com/news/judge-denies-trumps-motion-alleging-prosecutorial-misconduct

Quote:Judge Merchan addressed Trump's motion today to find that the Manhattan District Attorney's Office committed "prosecutorial misconduct" by providing documents late in discovery. These were documents requested by their office from the US Attorney many months ago by the DA, but only received by their office recently. These documents were apparently in possession of the FBI who took some time turning them over. The DA argued that only a handful of documents were relevant to the case, and none of them helped Trump in any way.

Nevertheless, Trump's lawyers filed their motion based on a "discovery violation" - that the documents were provided late after deadlines imposed by the court. The DA responded that they did nothing wrong since the federal government was in possession of the documents, not their office. At one point, they even argued that they only way they could've possibly gotten the documents sooner was to sue DOJ.

Trump's lawyer Chris Kise disagreed with the DA's position that the documents only hurt Trump, therefore they weren't useful in any way to his defense. He argued that some of the documents turned over contain exculpatory information related to the Mueller investigation. Much to the consternation of Kise, the Judge then interrupted to rule that he would not consider those relevant since none of the evidence pertaining to the Mueller investigation would be allowed at this trial.

At one point, Judge Merchan asked Kise if he could cite a single appellate court case that held a state DA's office could be found guilty of prosecutorial misconduct for a discovery violation where the documents at issue were in the hands of a federal agency. Kise said he could not. Merchan then said the fact that they were making such serious allegations against the DA's office with no legal authority to back it up was "disconcerting."

Right before taking a recess, Merchan summed up his frustration with the argument from Trump's lawyers:

Trump then walked outside during the break to complain that the whole case was a "witch hunt" and a "hoax."

When he returned from the break, Merchan said he did not need additional time to consider his decision and ruled against Trump, stating that the DA was not at fault. He then set the case for trial on April 15.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
*sighs
How many times are they all going to eff shit up and give Trump an out?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 03:21 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: *sighs
How many times are they all going to eff shit up and give Trump an out?

Seeing as conservatives with a brain are pissed they're forced to roll with Trump having a decent shot at getting 1 term versus establishment candidates having a much better chance to get 2 terms, I'd say it's possible "the left" is doing everything they can to keep Trump strong enough to be the focal point of the GOP.
Reply/Quote
I hope this trial goes forward. It will be the first time a POTUS nominee from either party has been persecuted with phony trial months before an election.

2nd, I don't think even in NYC they will get a misdemeanor charge elevated, they need 12 jurors. Yes, in Manhattan where 93% voted for Biden so will prove Trump's point every trial is election interference.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 03:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Seeing as conservatives with a brain are pissed they're forced to roll with Trump having a decent shot at getting 1 term versus establishment candidates having a much better chance to get 2 terms, I'd say it's possible "the left" is doing everything they can to keep Trump strong enough to be the focal point of the GOP.

This is the classic Democrat personal attack, you say you are an independent, but every post shows you are a far left liberal.

I suggest you check the polls. Biden is losing blacks, Hispanics and women in his own party. Meanwhile, Trump has a stronger base than ever. Important because the base won't leave him. But liberals will leave Biden for RFK Jr., West and Stein. 

Biden has 7+ months to:

1. Fix the economy lowering gas prices, grocery prices and mortgage and rent payments.
2. Fix illegal immigration nightmares in sanctuary cities and overcome the crime they are committing daily all around the USA.
3. Calm the middle east and address foreign threats China, Russia and Iran.
4. Convince voters he has the energy and mental acumen for 4 more years.
5. Convince his base of black, Latino, Hispanic and young voters they are better off today than they were under Trump.

If he can do all of thse things, he wins. If not, he is deep trouble.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 03:44 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: This is the classic Democrat personal attack, you say you are an independent, but every post shows you are a far left liberal.

I suggest you check the polls. Biden is losing blacks, Hispanics and women in his own party. Meanwhile, Trump has a stronger base than ever. Important because the base won't leave him. But liberals will leave Biden for RFK Jr., West and Stein. 

Biden has 7+ months to:

1. Fix the economy lowering gas prices, grocery prices and mortgage and rent payments.
2. Fix illegal immigration nightmares in sanctuary cities and overcome the crime they are committing daily all around the USA.
3. Calm the middle east and address foreign threats China, Russia and Iran.
4. Convince voters he has the energy and mental acumen for 4 more years.
5. Convince his base of black, Latino, Hispanic and young voters they are better off today than they were under Trump.

If he can do all of thse things, he wins. If not, he is deep trouble.

You posted polls showing Haley up higher on Biden than Trump.  For the love of god, me pointing out that Biden is down to Trump but down more to other republicans who can win 2 terms setting of your "ultra liberal Biden fanboy alarm" is a hoot. And yes, I'm a liberal now.  For all your talk about how Trump is making everyone love him, I'm someone who hadn't voted democrat for years until Trump and his fanbase took over. 

Johnson/Weld was the best choice in 2016 but you and your cult had to decide that some NYC elitist was the end all be all of the GOP rather than 2 successful republican governors.  As I've said, people like you drive people who may have agreed with you away and then say "Well, he was a brainwashed liberal the entire time."  You can't even handle the reality of me saying Nikki Haley would wipe the floor with Biden because I'm not talking about Trump, I guess.

I wanted a ticket with 2 republicans on it to be on their 2nd term right now, but you can't even bother to find any reason to approach me as anything but an ultra left nutbag.  You'd better hope Trump is more diplomatic with voters than you are.
Reply/Quote