Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jim Acosta
(11-08-2018, 03:15 PM)Benton Wrote: The question was sarcasm.

Mellow

Your face is sarcasm
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-08-2018, 03:32 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Your face is sarcasm

Cry
(11-08-2018, 03:42 AM)bfine32 Wrote: So you could have saved us time and words by answering: "Nobody said she was assaulted"

Don't complain I could have saved "us" time because you misrecognized the irony and threw up some pointless demands for clarification of parodic statements.

I'm not going to save anyone time by foregoing irony and parody.
(11-08-2018, 03:06 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Nobody was trying to silence the press.  He is free to report whatever he likes.  

Well, a reporter who asked a question Trump didn't want to answer is banned from the WH. 

That looks like a message to other reporters as well.  That the silencing is not wholly successful does not disqualify it as silencing.

So Benton was wrong; his statement was not just sarcasm.
(11-08-2018, 12:22 PM)Griever Wrote: I like video that was doctored by infowars and released by sanders to prove physical contact

It’s like they forget it was televised for the world to see

Yea, surprised no one is talking about this. They knowingly posted a doctored video to make it seem like he 1) made contact first and 2) made a swift chopping motion at her. And to get it from infowars...
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

https://politics.theonion.com/sarah-huckabee-sanders-denies-doctoring-footage-showing-1830314031?utm_content=Main&utm_campaign=SF&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR0T-5V83lBWcvV5G5pj5Xt_vIXo7GGSikc4FKDAnQB0IFRjIfom5dHGFlM

[Image: qg1q90fua0z8k9qpfuty.jpg]

Sarah Huckabee Sanders Denies Doctoring Footage Showing Jim Acosta In Clown Makeup Blowing Up Gotham Hospital
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Be sure to show it all. The first 2 times, she held out her hand for him to give up the mic, he blocked her 2x.
On the 3rd attempt to relieve him of the mic (she didn't touch him at all, only the mic), he chopped at her arm and yanked on the mike with her hand still on it, hard enough that it jerked her back. Her job was to move the mic to the next person, once the POTUS is done answering from the current person holding the mic. He completely disrespected her and the POTUS by continuing on his tirade. Such a shame.

Now had this been Trump doing the same thing, it would've been elevated to he touched her kitty by now.
(11-08-2018, 05:04 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Be sure to show it all. The first 2 times, she held out her hand for him to give up the mic, he blocked her 2x.
On the 3rd attempt to relieve him of the mic (she didn't touch him at all, only the mic), he chopped at her arm and yanked on the mike with her hand still on it, hard enough that it jerked her back. Her job was to move the mic to the next person, once the POTUS is done answering from the current person holding the mic. He completely disrespected her and the POTUS by continuing on his tirade. Such a shame.

Now had this been Trump doing the same thing, it would've been elevated to he touched her kitty by now.

You're not suggesting some here would let their bias cloud their rationale are you?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(11-08-2018, 09:51 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Acosta was out of hand, especially after this incident. He was rude to his colleagues with his behavior. I really don't care much about the way he interacts with Trump or SHS, I expect an adversarial role, but the way he continued on while his colleagues were trying to do their jobs was wrong.

As for the physical contact thing, it's bullshit. She made contact first as she went to grab the mic away, he went to push her away, immediately stopped and said "excuse me, ma'am." This is what came from the head of the White House Correspondence Association who was sitting next to Acosta. This is nothing more than the White House trying to find any reason to get Acosta out of the briefing room.

A Pandora's box opened in 2016, when Corey Lewandowski got arrested for battery against Michelle Fields (which they later declined to prosecute him on) but not until after 2+ weeks of the media/internet lambasting him like he had murdered the woman.

I think both instances are absolutely absurd, but I recognize that if we're expected to make a big deal out of one, we should make a big deal out of the other. Republican manhandles a woman, lynching offense. Democrat manhandles a woman, and according to some (just in this thread alone, imagine the rest of the internet) she's a "skank".

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(11-08-2018, 05:04 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Be sure to show it all. The first 2 times, she held out her hand for him to give up the mic, he blocked her 2x.

(11-08-2018, 05:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You're not suggesting some here would let their bias cloud their rationale are you?

You mean like letting your bias cloud rationale to the point where you ignore the contact she made with him while trying to grab the mic? I think Acosta should have shut up and sat down, but his interaction with the intern was not a problem and certainly not to the point of needing to have his credentials pulled.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(11-08-2018, 05:23 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: You mean like letting your bias cloud rationale to the point where you ignore the contact she made with him while trying to grab the mic? I think Acosta should have shut up and sat down, but his interaction with the intern was not a problem and certainly not to the point of needing to have his credentials pulled.

I've ignored nothing. Why did she try to grab the mic? He was the one that forced the confrontation to become physical. He was asked numerous times to cease and chose not to. So the intern was forced to remove the mic from him. His interaction with the intern was definitely a problem; he forced a confrontation.

(11-08-2018, 05:23 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: A Pandora's box opened in 2016, when Corey Lewandowski got arrested for battery against Michelle Fields (which they later declined to prosecute him on) but not until after 2+ weeks of the media/internet lambasting him like he had murdered the woman.

Difference here being the intern would've been Lewandowski. Acosta and the intern had incidental contact almost simultaneously. This is why it's even more of a nothing issue than that was.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(11-08-2018, 05:04 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Be sure to show it all. The first 2 times, she held out her hand for him to give up the mic, he blocked her 2x.

(11-08-2018, 05:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You're not suggesting some here would let their bias cloud their rationale are you?

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095be49c2639424b7941ec834a]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-08-2018, 05:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've ignored nothing. Why did she try to grab the mic? He was the one that forced the confrontation to become physical. He was asked numerous times to cease and chose not to. So the intern was forced to remove the mic from him. His interaction with the intern was definitely a problem; he forced a confrontation.

Again, I think he should have shut up and sat down, but she wasn't "forced" to remove the mic from him. I think in the heat of the moment she did what she thought was the best course of action and incidental contact was made between the two of them. The physical contact is a ridiculous issue to be discussing and was not problematic to the point of removing his credentials.

And Mike, the one you were quoting, did let his bias cloud the fact that she had contact with Acosta at the same time as he touched her. She did grab his hand while grabbing the mic.

(11-08-2018, 05:30 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Again, I think he should have shut up and sat down, but she wasn't "forced" to remove the mic from him. I think in the heat of the moment she did what she thought was the best course of action and incidental contact was made between the two of them. The physical contact is a ridiculous issue to be discussing and was not problematic to the point of removing his credentials.

I really don't think you want to get into a debate of what equals "forced" again.

Remember when you were 'forced' to stand for the Anthem? He forced her to try to silence him.

You can call the interaction with the intern a ridiculous issue if you want. but he is no doubt the one who caused the confrontation.

In threads such as these what folks actually say has very little bearing. Folks have chosen a side and will do whatever is required to support their stance to include making false assumptions.

Give it a few days; there will be another incident where someone escalated a verbal altercation to a physical one and those saying it is justified this go around will assert it was not justified that time and those saying it is not justified in this scenario will say it is.

Mellow
(11-08-2018, 05:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I really don't think you want to get into a debate of what equals "forced" again.

Remember when you were 'forced' to stand for the Anthem? He forced her to try to silence him.

Except the anthem issue was a dichotomy, there were likely a number of different potential options for shutting Acosta down. So you're trying to set up a false equivalency.

(11-08-2018, 05:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You can call the interaction with the intern a ridiculous issue if you want. but he is no doubt the one who caused the confrontation.

So this is one of those times where people are for personal responsibility for one's actions except for when it benefits their side. Gotcha.

(11-08-2018, 05:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've ignored nothing. Why did she try to grab the mic? He was the one that forced the confrontation to become physical. He was asked numerous times to cease and chose not to. So the intern was forced to remove the mic from him. His interaction with the intern was definitely a problem; he forced a confrontation.

(11-08-2018, 05:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I really don't think you want to get into a debate of what equals "forced" again.

You can call the interaction with the intern a ridiculous issue if you want. but he is no doubt the one who caused the confrontation.

Mellow

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Me? I can't recall when anyone has done such a thing, nor do I remember how I got home today.
(11-08-2018, 05:42 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Except the anthem issue was a dichotomy, there were likely a number of different potential options for shutting Acosta down. So you're trying to set up a false equivalency.

So this is one of those times where people are for personal responsibility for one's actions except for when it benefits their side. Gotcha.

Of course this has to be a "false equivalency" if not you would have to admit to being hypocritical. She felt forced. You can claim it's different, but it is not and I think it you were being forthright you would concede the point.

Each person is responsible for their actions. That doesn't change to fact the Acosta forced the contact by failing to follow protocol. The intern was forced to try to take the mic from him because he wouldn't surrender it willingly.