Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jim Harbaugh
Rumor has it he’s in the running for the browns or Green Bay. What about the bengals? His had a rough time in SF with management but he did have some winning seasons. I think he’s worth a look.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2018, 09:30 PM)motoarch Wrote: Rumor has it he’s in the running for the browns or Green Bay.  What about the bengals?  His had a rough time in SF with management but he did have some winning seasons.  I think he’s worth a look.

I'm trying to picture him working for Mike.  Does not compute.  Not nearly docile enough.

Besides, our current coach is going nowhere and even if he somehow did, his successor is already here.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
JH would be about ten minutes into his first meeting with Mike when he'd finally snap, grab the old man by the lapels and toss his wrinkly ass out of PBS. Guessing Mike knows this.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2018, 09:44 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: JH would be about ten minutes into his first meeting with Mike when he'd finally snap, grab the old man by the lapels and toss his wrinkly ass out of PBS.  Guessing Mike knows this.

Besides, I thought he was happy where he is, being Ohio State's *****.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2018, 09:40 PM)McC Wrote: I'm trying to picture him working for Mike.  Does not compute.  Not nearly docile enough.

Besides, our current coach is going nowhere and even if he somehow did, his successor is already here.

I Agree on both accounts. See below
(12-05-2018, 09:44 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: JH would be about ten minutes into his first meeting with Mike when he'd finally snap, grab the old man by the lapels and toss his wrinkly ass out of PBS. Guessing Mike knows this.

This is kinda what I was hoping.
Reply/Quote
As obnoxious as I used to find him, I wouldn't hate it. He seems like the type to be able to adapt well to the modern game.
Reply/Quote
This is Deja vu all over again. I seem to recall a year ago all the speculation about who would replace Marvin. How'd that work out for everybody?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2018, 10:03 PM)BengalRed Wrote: This is Deja vu all over again. I seem to recall a year ago all the speculation about who would replace Marvin. How'd that work out for everybody?

Still a work in progress.  These things take time.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
He'd be a better fit with the Browns or Packers. They'd be a better fit for him.
Reply/Quote
Whoaaaa everyone knows it takes a coach 18 years and 5 overhauls of a team to hit their stride. Geez give the man time to unveil his master plan.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2018, 10:10 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Still a work in progress.  These things take time.

Ya like two decades longer than any normal team no matter what the issue is.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2018, 09:48 PM)McC Wrote: Besides, I thought he was happy where he is, being Ohio State's *****.

LOL. A friend of mine, a beautiful young blonde who's from Michigan, told me today that she saw an Ohio State shirt that simply said, "Making Michigan my b1tch again." She thought it was funny and had to tell me about it. Of course she's probably around 25 or 26 and likely doesn't remember the last time Michigan actually beat Ohio State.

That said, Harbaugh is more interesting to me as the next Bengals coach than Urban Meyer, who I'm certain is done. And Harbaugh made Krapernick look like a decent QB, which took some work and innovation.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2018, 10:03 PM)BengalRed Wrote: This is Deja vu all over again. I seem to recall a year ago all the speculation about who would replace Marvin. How'd that work out for everybody?

Yup; but it’s fun to dream.

Hope is the only thing we have left. Take that away and what the point.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2018, 09:30 PM)motoarch Wrote: Rumor has it he’s in the running for the browns or Green Bay.  What about the bengals?  His had a rough time in SF with management but he did have some winning seasons.  I think he’s worth a look.

He's kind of like a little better Marvin to me.  Good enough to get close, but never good enough to go all the way.  At least he doesn't hang around for 15 years when he's proven he can't get it done.

Dude can't flip the script on Ohio State, so I seriously wonder if he could even out the Steelers rivalry. 
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2018, 12:09 AM)Whatever Wrote: He's kind of like a little better Marvin to me.  Good enough to get close, but never good enough to go all the way.  At least he doesn't hang around for 15 years when he's proven he can't get it done.

Dude can't flip the script on Ohio State, so I seriously wonder if he could even out the Steelers rivalry. 

He seems too abrasive.

He did have a loaded roster on the 49ers for a couple years though.
Reply/Quote
Was it on this board or the old one where Jim was leaving SF and there was a poll on whether we'd want him here or not and most people voted NO?
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2018, 10:10 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Still a work in progress.  These things take time.

We have to make sure that we don't put the cart before the horse.

All the fish need to sail so that we get all our ducks in a row. Nothing worse than fishy ducks that are out of order.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't get him drunk.

As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2018, 10:17 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He'd be a better fit with the Browns or Packers. They'd be a better fit for him.

I'm guessing Greg Williams will get the Cleveland job.....
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2018, 09:02 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm guessing Greg Williams will get the Cleveland job.....

You mean Condoleezza Rice isn’t a serious candidate?

Reply/Quote
He couldn't work with Jed York being in his business in San Fran, he wouldn't work here and frankly I wouldn't want him. Vic Fangio was the mastermind behind the defense that really propelled those San Fran teams. The Kapernick thing was cool but they had some really good defenses that won them some games.
Reply/Quote