Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jim Harbaugh
With Meyer out of the picture, I bet he stays at Michigan.  It worked out for Jimbo Fisher and the Seminoles when he left Florida, it might work for Harbaugh and the Wolverines.  They were our kryptonite while he was there.  Urban is a good coach, as much as it pains me to say it (cause.....**** U of F), and he certainly wins the rivalry games.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2018, 12:19 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Was it on this board or the old one where Jim was leaving SF and there was a poll on whether we'd want him here or not and most people voted NO?

Yo I ain’t got time to track this stuff!
Reply/Quote
Michigan hired him to beat OSU, lol he cant even accomplish that. Why would we want him here?
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2018, 01:08 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Michigan hired him to beat OSU, lol he cant even accomplish that. Why would we want him here?

Hairball wouldn't be one of my top picks by any stretch but at this point if it meant getting rid of the guy in your sig I'd be willing to do it.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2018, 09:30 PM)motoarch Wrote: Rumor has it he’s in the running for the browns or Green Bay.  What about the bengals?  His had a rough time in SF with management but he did have some winning seasons.  I think he’s worth a look.

Would be all for Jim, just see him being a little too crazy for our FO even if that is what is badly needed around here.

Don't like his record against OSU though, that gives me pause.

We have to start beating the Stoolers, our Division rival, that is when things will start to turn around.
Reply/Quote
I would be happy landing Harbaugh. Another Big Ten coach I would find intriguing is Pat Fitzgerald. I don't know that you could do much better than he has at Northwestern over the past decade plus. I know nothing of the contract details for either guy though. Yet another Big Ten coach that would intrigue me is Jim Leonhard, the Wisconsin DC- but not necessarily as a head coach.
Reply/Quote
Let’s hire him to get past the Steelers since he’s done so good at game planning against OSU.
Reply/Quote
Harbaugh in my opinion is a solid coach. The reason why he couldn't beat OSU is because Meyer is an elite coach.

Elite>Solid.

I'd compare it to something like Belichick versus Zimmer.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2018, 09:25 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Harbaugh in my opinion is a solid coach. The reason why he couldn't beat OSU is because Meyer is an elite coach.

Elite>Solid.

I'd compare it to something like Belichick versus Zimmer.

Typically, OSU has had more talent and a huge psychological advantage.  If Urban is elite, then Purdue's coach is God.  I've seen OSU get beaten by too many teams that they should easily have covered to say Urban is elite.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2018, 03:18 PM)Whatever Wrote: Typically, OSU has had more talent and a huge psychological advantage.  If Urban is elite, then Purdue's coach is God.  I've seen OSU get beaten by too many teams that they should easily have covered to say Urban is elite.

Every team loses haha c'mon man.  They can't stay undefeated every season all seasons.  

He was 7-0 against Michigan and has 3 national championships under his belt.  Before he even came to Ohio State in 2009 they gave him the coach of the decade award.

I guess none of those accolades make him elite though because he happened to lose a game!
Reply/Quote
It causes me pause when thinking of replacing the head coach of the Bengals until Brown retires because the organization has been dysfunctional for decades now and I don't think a new coach will fix this.

In addition, Harbaugh's personality would not fit with the management of the Bengals.

I hope at the end of this year or next year, Brown officially retires.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2018, 03:43 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Every team loses haha c'mon man.  They can't stay undefeated every season all seasons.  

He was 7-0 against Michigan and has 3 national championships under his belt.  Before he even came to Ohio State in 2009 they gave him the coach of the decade award.

I guess none of those accolades make him elite though because he happened to lose a game!

Urban actually only has 2 undefeated seasons in his career, once with Utah and once when Ohio State was on probation.  He's a good coach that's won a lot of games, but frankly, he's lost several games his teams had no business losing.  When you compare his roster to his opponents, he should run the table in the regular season every year, at least during his OSU tenure.  I'll give him points for beating Michigan when they've actually had a roster to challenge him, like this year, but they were a joke many of the times he beat them.  
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2018, 06:05 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: It causes me pause when thinking of replacing the head coach of the Bengals until Brown retires because the organization has been dysfunctional for decades now and I don't think a new coach will fix this.  

In addition, Harbaugh's personality would not fit with the management of the Bengals.  

I hope at the end of this year or next year, Brown officially retires.

I don't know Psych, i think the only thing that could fix this team is new coaches.

The drafting is not as bad as it is being portrayed IMHO.

Besides Og of course.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2018, 10:21 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Whoaaaa everyone knows it takes a coach 18 years and 5 overhauls of a team to hit their stride. Geez give the man time to unveil his master plan.

No doubt. Hell, it took Norm Larsen 39 failures before he perfected WD-40.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2018, 03:43 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Every team loses haha c'mon man.  They can't stay undefeated every season all seasons.  

Yep. Even the best lose sometimes. Belichick has lost in the SB 3 times and he’s the GOAT.

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2018, 09:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. Even the best lose sometimes. Belichick has lost in the SB 3 times and he’s the GOAT.

Just getting to the Super Bowl means you won the Conference Championship, which is a win itself.
Reply/Quote
Harbaugh says he's staying. The story was apparently BS manufactured by Chris "Fall Guy" Carter to try and affect Michigan's recruiting class.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/09/jim-harbaugh-says-hes-staying-at-michigan/
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2018, 09:30 PM)motoarch Wrote: Rumor has it he’s in the running for the browns or Green Bay.  What about the bengals?  His had a rough time in SF with management but he did have some winning seasons.  I think he’s worth a look.

I love Jim Harbaugh. The 49ers were complete idiots for letting him go (Like how can you possibly get any dumber?!). I would be over the moon if he came here to coach, but something tells me, at least under Mike Brown, that's never going to happen. 

Wherever he ends up though, I will be excited to see what he does with that team. The dude is cool in my book.
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote