Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jim Harbaugh...back in the league soon?
https://sports.yahoo.com/has-jim-harbaugh-hurt-potential-nfl-return-with-record-antics-at-michigan-034623953.html

Would you be surprised to see him back in the league after 2021?  Would you take him as a HC if you could?
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2020, 01:42 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: https://sports.yahoo.com/has-jim-harbaugh-hurt-potential-nfl-return-with-record-antics-at-michigan-034623953.html

Would you be surprised to see him back in the league after 2021?  Would you take him as a HC if you could?

He's a control freak and a basket case.  His schtict failed in the NFL before because he lost his team.  He belongs in college where someone with his type of personality can thrive.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2020, 02:58 PM)Stewy Wrote: He's a control freak and a basket case.  His schtict failed in the NFL before because he lost his team.  He belongs in college where someone with his type of personality can thrive.

Can it thrive?

Until Michigan, he didn't stay in one place for more than 4 years.  Most assumed it was always to move to a better opportunity, but there were rumblings when he left each stop that behind the scenes there was serious consideration that he be shown the door.

I think the guy is again at a crossroads of needing to move on, whether he wants to or not, to continue to say it is all happening on his own terms and keep the mystique alive.

Just my two cents...
Reply/Quote
If we wanted a coach who couldn’t win the big games we would just go back to Marvin. He’d cost less too
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 09:30 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: If we wanted a coach who couldn’t win the big games we would just go back to Marvin. He’d cost less too

He does have a higher winning percentage than Bill Belichick.  He worked wonders with Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick - two dudes who didn't really sizzle with other coaches.  His college win percentage is pretty good except for against some of the bigger programs that probably have a lot of recruiting tailwinds at their backs.  

I wouldn't bet the farm on a guy like Harbaugh being a beacon of stability for an organization over a long period of time.  I'm not shilling for him because I'm in love with the idea or anything.  I used to find him REALLY annoying when he was with SF.  His recent political outpourings were uncalled for and absurd.  ...buuuuut...if I were an NFL franchise looking to push my chips into the middle and win a Super Bowl I'd be awfully tempted to hire him.  
Reply/Quote