Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jim Harbaugh
This was pretty funny if anybody didn't hear it  http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=13180442 . Worst interview ever.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I was listening to it on way into work, and yeah it was terrible. They were two polar opposites. Personally I think Harbaugh didn't like the fact Cowherd didnt say Hi or Hello how are you, it just started right off with a question which set the tone for Harbaugh.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2015, 12:05 AM)Millhouse Wrote: I was listening to it on way into work, and yeah it was terrible. They were two polar opposites. Personally I think Harbaugh didn't like the fact Cowherd didnt say Hi or Hello how are you, it just started right off with a question which set the tone for Harbaugh.

He (Harbaugh) is just that looney that you may be right...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2015, 12:05 AM)Millhouse Wrote: I was listening to it on way into work, and yeah it was terrible. They were two polar opposites. Personally I think Harbaugh didn't like the fact Cowherd didnt say Hi or Hello how are you, it just started right off with a question which set the tone for Harbaugh.

I've heard innumerable excuses from the Blue fanbase as to why it went so poorly. They've claimed he was offended by the greeting, that he was "trolling" Cowherd because he didn't like him, and even that he somehow know that bombing the interview would garner more press coverage than acting like a normal human being.

Of course, it's all BS and you couldn't fill a thimble if you rang him out to collect every drop of charisma and sociability that he has.

He's a brilliant football mind, but he grates on the personalities of the people he comes in contact with like nails on a chalkboard. That's why he was run out of San Fransisco, that's why his staff gets kicked out of recruits' houses, and that's why the interview was the most awkward ESPN airing since Mark May said OSU didn't belong in the playoff on January 2nd.
Reply/Quote
If I were a recruit I would rather play for Urban Myer then Harbaugh. This is coming from someone who hates Ohio state as well.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I'm really interested in seeing just how Harbaugh does up there in Skunkbear territory.  What would constitute a good season for them this year?   7 wins?  8 wins? 1 win?-Just beating tOSU?  I personally don't think he has the horses up there yet to make much of a difference this year. I see them getting 5-6, maybe 7 wins tops.  They don't play Notre Dame or Iowa, so there's two guaranteed loses they get to avoid. :)
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(07-07-2015, 03:13 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I'm really interested in seeing just how Harbaugh does up there in Skunkbear territory.  What would constitute a good season for them this year?   7 wins?  8 wins? 1 win?-Just beating tOSU?  I personally don't think he has the horses up there yet to make much of a difference this year. I see them getting 5-6, maybe 7 wins tops.  They don't play Notre Dame or Iowa, so there's two guaranteed loses they get to avoid. :)

I think a good season for them this year is x amount of wins, and beating THE Ohio State Buckeyes in the Big House.  They will get x amount of wins, the will not accomplish the latter.

I think they may get 8-9 wins, and some bowl game. He's a great coach, and he will have them turned around quickly.  I just don't think it will be this year.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
"I don’t take vacations. I don’t get sick. I don’t observe major holidays. I’m a jackhammer"
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2015, 03:13 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I'm really interested in seeing just how Harbaugh does up there in Skunkbear territory.  What would constitute a good season for them this year?   7 wins?  8 wins? 1 win?-Just beating tOSU?  I personally don't think he has the horses up there yet to make much of a difference this year. I see them getting 5-6, maybe 7 wins tops.  They don't play Notre Dame or Iowa, so there's two guaranteed loses they get to avoid. :)

A good year would be getting to a bowl game, like the ones before Christmas. To me that would be a realistic goal to get to in year one, especially with their schedule which would basically be a 6-6 sort of year. Year two I would think 8-4 would be the goal, and then year three 10-2 to undefeated range. It took Meyer three years to build the #1 team in the country right now so if I was Big Blow fan, that's what I would be my line of thinking.

Reply/Quote
(07-05-2015, 03:56 PM)Ryuko Wrote: I've heard innumerable excuses from the Blue fanbase as to why it went so poorly. They've claimed he was offended by the greeting, that he was "trolling" Cowherd because he didn't like him, and even that he somehow know that bombing the interview would garner more press coverage than acting like a normal human being.

Of course, it's all BS and you couldn't fill a thimble if you rang him out to collect every drop of charisma and sociability that he has.

He's a brilliant football mind, but he grates on the personalities of the people he comes in contact with like nails on a chalkboard. That's why he was run out of San Fransisco, that's why his staff gets kicked out of recruits' houses, and that's why the interview was the most awkward ESPN airing since Mark May said OSU didn't belong in the playoff on January 2nd.

I tuned in to Cowherd the next morning, and he spent a minute or so on it right off the bat, and then that was it. He made it a point to not be a topic of the day, so he killed it on his end right then and there. He could have easily escalated it further if he wanted to which of course meant easy publicity for his show, but he didnt. Even the Cowherd haters should tip their cap to him for that.

Reply/Quote
I'm a Michigan fan. Harbaugh will turn things around. Maybe a bowl this year? The toilet bowl?
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I almost feel sorry for the fans of ttun. Been watching big 10 media days and I honestly can't understand how harbaugh ever graduated from high school. My favorite quote from his Presser, " you can observe a lot just by watching".
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2015, 07:41 PM)mallorian69 Wrote: I almost feel sorry for the fans of ttun. Been watching big 10 media days and I honestly can't understand how harbaugh ever graduated from high school. My favorite quote from his Presser, " you can observe a lot just by watching".

He's absolutely a lunatic, but he's not stupid. "You can observe a lot by watching" is a Yogi Berra quote.

http://www.amazon.com/You-Can-Observe-Lot-Watching/dp/0470454040

(Check the thermostat in Hell, I think I just defended M!ch!g@n)

In other news, it's nice they are back to a coach who knows the difference between "Ohio" and "Ohio State". 

[Image: ohio-bobcat-logo-295.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 02:41 PM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: "I don’t take vacations. I don’t get sick. I don’t observe major holidays. I’m a jackhammer"

lol
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Harbaugh is on the cover of the latest ESPN magazine

[Image: 150817.jpg]
Reply/Quote