Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jim Haslett
I sometimes forget he is our LB Coach. He was a HC with the Saints and Rams and IF things go south could be interim coach.

Paul Alexander is actually Assistant Head Coach/OL Coach. I just saw this.

As for firing Zampese...I don't really see a lot of creative minds on our offensive coaching staff that could step in and call plays. Maybe Bill Lazor? I have no clue.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 01:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I sometimes forget he is our LB Coach. He was a HC with the Saints and Rams and IF things go south could be interim coach.

Paul Alexander is actually Assistant Head Coach/OL Coach. I just saw this.

As for firing Zampese...I don't really see a lot of creative minds on our offensive coaching staff that could step in and call plays. Maybe Bill Lazor? I have no clue.

You say that you forget about Haslett being our LB coach. I forgot that Lazor was our QB coach. If we get rid of Zampese during the season, then I think it's between him and Urban for interim OC.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Yeah...Lazor has some experience as OC. I'm researching it now to see if he's had any success.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 02:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...Lazor has some experience as OC. I'm researching it now to see if he's had any success.

I know he got fired before his 2nd season in Miami as OC. I remember looking at his coaching career and it's one of the strangest ones I've seen. He's never lasted longer than 2 seasons with any NFL team that he's coached on. His longest tenures are in college. Cornell, where he started as a GA in 94 and leaving 2000. He was also with Virginia for 3 seasons.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
He was largely credited for Tannehill's success...the Philbin got fired and they cleaned house.

I think he was in Miami for 2 years.
Reply/Quote