Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jim Haslett new LB Coach
https://twitter.com/GeoffHobsonCin

Reply/Quote
Hmmm veteran coach
Reply/Quote
As long as he gets no where near calling plays I'll be happy. He was a horrible DC in DC.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
A veteran coach, who has HC experience, seems like the no nonsense type.

Side note but everyone is fleeing Penn State this year, from their players to their coaches (many of which took the same position at other schools)
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 02:02 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: As long as he gets no where near calling plays I'll be happy. He was a horrible DC in DC.

NFL team stats for Defense

2010 - 2nd
2011 - 20th
2012 - 5th
2013 - 15th
2014 - 20th

There's definitely reason for concern, but finishing 2nd and 5th in the league in anything while working for Snyder is cause for some optimism.
Reply/Quote
2014 article

The Washington Redskins' defense has struggled this season, and long-time linebacker London Fletcher knows exactly where to point the finger of blame: defensive coordinator Jim Haslett.

"Why does Jim Haslett still have his job as a defensive coordinator after five years now of just ineptitude at the defensive coordinator position?" Fletcher asked Sunday on CBS Sports Network, via The Washington Post. "He's clueless as a defensive coordinator. He lacks attention to detail. He lacks feel on how to call a game. Some of the calls he used to call when I was playing were head-scratching. They were so bad, I used to change them, like, 'We're not running that.' And we'd get off the field and he would ask, 'Why did you change the call.' (I would say), 'Because that's just a dumb call. That's why I changed it.'"

"He is a guy that does not know what he is doing," Fletcher said. "And the Washington Redskins -- and (coach) Jay Gruden in particular -- better watch his back and get Jim Haslett out of the door ... Jay Gruden better get him out the door because he's probably back-stabbing Jay Gruden like he did everybody else -- like he did to Scott Linehan in St. Louis and like he did to Mike Shanahan in Washington...

"This is a guy that would take the '85 Bears and turn them into a mediocre defense," Fletcher said. "He is clueless. He has no idea what he is doing. Believe me, I had a front row seat for four years."

Uhhhhhhhh
Reply/Quote
Who did he replace?
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 02:16 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Who did he replace?

Matt Burke to miami
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 02:12 PM)gobobro Wrote: NFL team stats for Defense

2010 - 2nd
2011 - 20th
2012 - 5th
2013 - 15th
2014 - 20th

There's definitely reason for concern, but finishing 2nd and 5th in the league in anything while working for Snyder is cause for some optimism.

Not much reason for concern hes the Linebackers coach... Not the DC
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 02:22 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Not much reason for concern hes the Linebackers coach... Not the DC

Exactly. He won't be anywhere near the play calling
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 02:22 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Not much reason for concern hes the Linebackers coach... Not the DC

Hopefully no line of succession talk occurred, should guenther move up on.  Fletcher was a very respectable player, and if he when he spoke up like this, that made me wary of haslet.  Now, here we are, and he's in the building.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 02:28 PM)TGISunday Wrote: Hopefully no line of succession talk occurred, should guenther move up on.  Fletcher was a very respectable player, and if he when he spoke up like this, that made me wary of haslet.  Now, here we are, and he's in the building.

But, if the player is changing the plays, how much of the results can you really hold against the coach ?
Reply/Quote
If he can help contain Vontaze then im ok.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 02:28 PM)TGISunday Wrote: Hopefully no line of succession talk occurred, should guenther move up on.  Fletcher was a very respectable player, and if he when he spoke up like this, that made me wary of haslet.  Now, here we are, and he's in the building.

Dumb hire,we are going to stink next season.I am so sick of this franchise.Marvin lewis is a moron when it comes to winning,the reason we had so much success last season was Hue Jackson,Vance Joseph,Matt burke, and paulie,not marvin lewis.This team will tune him out this upcoming season,and Daltons numbers will go down.This is a very tough division,need excellent coaching,have all of you noticed our team loses coaches every year,but yet nobody else in our afc n does????? We get zero respect.
Reply/Quote
Yes. He is.

Spent last year as a consultant for Penn State football.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
Not a fan of the hire. But oh well. Redskins D was night and day better without him. Schwartz was likely unrealistic.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 02:15 PM)Thefinalcut813 Wrote: 2014 article

The Washington Redskins' defense has struggled this season, and long-time linebacker London Fletcher knows exactly where to point the finger of blame: defensive coordinator Jim Haslett.

"Why does Jim Haslett still have his job as a defensive coordinator after five years now of just ineptitude at the defensive coordinator position?" Fletcher asked Sunday on CBS Sports Network, via The Washington Post. "He's clueless as a defensive coordinator. He lacks attention to detail. He lacks feel on how to call a game. Some of the calls he used to call when I was playing were head-scratching. They were so bad, I used to change them, like, 'We're not running that.' And we'd get off the field and he would ask, 'Why did you change the call.' (I would say), 'Because that's just a dumb call. That's why I changed it.'"

"He is a guy that does not know what he is doing," Fletcher said. "And the Washington Redskins -- and (coach) Jay Gruden in particular -- better watch his back and get Jim Haslett out of the door ... Jay Gruden better get him out the door because he's probably back-stabbing Jay Gruden like he did everybody else -- like he did to Scott Linehan in St. Louis and like he did to Mike Shanahan in Washington...

"This is a guy that would take the '85 Bears and turn them into a mediocre defense," Fletcher said. "He is clueless. He has no idea what he is doing. Believe me, I had a front row seat for four years."

Uhhhhhhhh

Man, harsh words from a dude who made 3 of his 4 Pro Bowls, both of his 2nd team All Pro's, an NFL combined tackle title, and his only Defensive Player of the month award during Haslett's tenure. That venom looks pretty personal.
Reply/Quote
Those are some damn harsh words from Fletcher who i always respected and thought was very underrated.

Don't like the hire even if it is as a LB'er coach. Is this to try and keep Vontaze focused?
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 03:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Those are some damn harsh words from Fletcher who i always respected and thought was very underrated.

Don't like the hire even if it is as a LB'er coach. Is this to try and keep Vontaze focused?

If he's as bad as Fletcher says I hope not.  I think he's our best defensive player.  I don't want any one messing that up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 02:56 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Dumb hire,we are going to stink next season.I am so sick of this franchise.Marvin lewis is a moron when it comes to winning,the reason we had so much success last season was Hue Jackson,Vance Joseph,Matt burke, and paulie,not marvin lewis.This team will tune him out this upcoming season,and Daltons numbers will go down.This is a very tough division,need excellent coaching,have all of you noticed our team loses coaches every year,but yet nobody else in our afc n does????? We get zero respect.

yeah we are all pretty sick of you around here too.
Reply/Quote