Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jim Haslett returning
Reply/Quote
Meh, indifferent...

The UDFAs and Evans got up to speed in a hurry, though they were borderline dreadful in their first few games...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
CRAP!

Well, maybe it means he won't be the DC. 
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I heard bob bicknell is coming in for a interview for wr coach,they said he's not good
Reply/Quote
Aside from Burfict, have any LB's been decent under Haslett?

Bad re-hire
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 05:34 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I heard bob bicknell is coming in for a interview for wr coach,they said he's not good

Who said he's not good?  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 05:34 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I heard bob bicknell is coming in for a interview for wr coach,they said he's not good

Yeah, he and Lazor coached together for a year in Philly.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 05:36 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Aside from Burfict, have any LB's been decent under Haslett?

Bad re-hire

Vinny Rey

Jordan Evans showed promise at the end of the season
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I just don't get it.

If anything why now when you don't know the DC? This D hasn't been the same since he's been here.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Who's in charge of tackling? That's the guy who needs fired.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 05:43 PM)McC Wrote: Who's in charge of tackling? That's the guy who needs fired.

The players themselves? The NFL seems a little late have to be teaching guys how to tackle...

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 05:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The players themselves? The NFL seems a little late have to be teaching guys how to tackle...

So, just let the bad tackling go on?

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 05:43 PM)jj22 Wrote: I just don't get it.

If anything why now when you don't know the DC? This D hasn't been the same sense he's been here.

Maybe they know who the DC is going to be and it just isn’t public yet? Other than that outside chance, I would agree it doesn’t make much sense

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 05:36 PM)McC Wrote: Who said he's not good?  

A couple people off Twitter including Joe goodberry. Said he comes from Baylor where they didn't run good routes . Another guy said the eagles wanted him gone .
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 05:36 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Aside from Burfict, have any LB's been decent under Haslett?

Bad re-hire

Has any been decent under Marvin? Hell there have been several games where we ran out of LB's to put on the field. I don't like this move either but I'm just glad they didn't promote him to DC.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 05:43 PM)McC Wrote: Who's in charge of tackling?  That's the guy who needs fired.

I think Goddell is. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Burney out.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/1/6/16857720/bengals-coach-defensive-line-wide-receiver-bob-bicknell

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I don’t know why you would make any decisions until you have your new coordinator.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 06:37 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I don’t know why you would make any decisions until you have your new coordinator.

I wonder what Burfict’s opinion on him is? Does a star player have any say who his position coach is?

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 06:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I wonder what Burfict’s opinion on him is? Does a star player have any say who his position coach is?

Vinnie rey likes him a lot. Said they really wanted to win the last game for Haslett in particular.

I have to wonder.. given Haslett’s long history with the 3-4 defense, maybe there is something legitimate to the rumor that they want to go in that direction, and they see keeping Haslett as a way to maintain a bit of continuity while still moving in a new direction. Maybe he has sold them on the idea that he can help the LBs make the transition?

Or maybe they’re just resigning him because he’s Marvin’s buddy. I hope it’s the former.
Reply/Quote