Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jim Haslett returning
(01-08-2018, 02:05 PM)Wyche Wrote: I agree, Burney coming back is a good thing.....not so sure on Haslett though.

To be fair, he didn't exactly have the Dome Patrol to work with.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 02:05 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I agree, Burney coming back is a good thing.....not so sure on Haslett though.

(01-08-2018, 02:07 PM)McC Wrote: To be fair, he didn't exactly have the Dome Patrol to work with.

Mhm, that would be my stance as well; the rookie LBs came a VERY LONG way in the last 3 weeks or so, than they were earlier on in the season; with Burfict for (finally) a full season and another year under the other guys' belts, plus maybe a draft addition, we'll be good.

But yeah, stoked on the Burney signing; I proclaimed to a few buddies that the line would regress in year 1, but come year 2 (last year), the line play would be much better. And it was; the development of the young guys was superb.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 02:07 PM)McC Wrote: To be fair, he didn't exactly have the Dome Patrol to work with.

Dome Patrol rep for you sir......I actually have this hanging up in my basement TV/game room:

[Image: Hero_A.jpg]

I have each of their ProSet cards from that year displayed with it.....lol.  At one time, I hated the 49ers so bad, that I started to root for the Saints because they had a shot at dethroning them.  The only team I hated more was, and is, Shitsburgh.  My what a difference two decades can make.....unless you're us. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 02:12 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Mhm, that would be my stance as well; the rookie LBs came a VERY LONG way in the last 3 weeks or so, than they were earlier on in the season; with Burfict for (finally) a full season and another year under the other guys' belts, plus maybe a draft addition, we'll be good.

But yeah, stoked on the Burney signing; I proclaimed to a few buddies that the line would regress in year 1, but come year 2 (last year), the line play would be much better. And it was; the development of the young guys was superb.

That's a fair point, I guess......although I was higher on Nickerson than most coming in.  I guess we'll see how year two goes.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 02:24 PM)Wyche Wrote: Dome Patrol rep for you sir......I actually have this hanging up in my basement TV/game room:

[Image: Hero_A.jpg]

I have each of their ProSet cards from that year displayed with it.....lol.  At one time, I hated the 49ers so bad, that I started to root for the Saints because they had a shot at dethroning them.  The only team I hated more was, and is, Shitsburgh.  My what a difference two decades can make.....unless you're us. Mellow
In the interest of full disclosure, I just happened to see A Football Life on Sam Mills yesterday.  It was some nifty timing, though.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 02:27 PM)McC Wrote: In the interest of full disclosure, I just happened to see A Football Life on Sam Mills yesterday.  It was some nifty timing, though.  

LMAO LMAO .......damn nifty.  Sad what happened to Sam.  This was one tough unit in its day though.  For a few seasons, Pat Swilling was ever bit as good as Lawrence Taylor.  I'm a sucker for a punishing defense.  This is the only sports memorabilia of any team other than the Reds or Bengals that I have.....well......except for some old Bo Jackson posters rolled up in the closet.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 02:33 PM)Wyche Wrote: LMAO LMAO .......damn nifty.  Sad what happened to Sam.  This was one tough unit in its day though.  For a few seasons, Pat Swilling was ever bit as good as Lawrence Taylor.  I'm a sucker for a punishing defense.  This is the only sports memorabilia of any team other than the Reds or Bengals that I have.....well......except for some old Bo Jackson posters rolled up in the closet.

And Rickie Jackson was no slouch either.  Has it ever happened again that a whole group of LB's from one team ever made the PB?

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 05:43 PM)McC Wrote: Who's in charge of tackling?  That's the guy who needs fired.

This

Because blocking and tackling are atrocious 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 02:39 PM)McC Wrote: And Rickie Jackson was no slouch either.  Has it ever happened again that a while group of LB's from one team ever made the PB?

Rickie Jackson was also as tough as they come, playing after having his face reconstructed from a car crash.  He only missed two games his entire career, those being the year he had the crash, played with his jaw wired shut.  That group was the best that ever took the field.  As you noted, all four were named Pro Bowl starters, for two consecutive years I think.  It had never happened before, or since.

Reply/Quote