Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jim Mora's Past Is The Bengals Present
Nice post wolf,

I've said it many times before and I'll say it again. I thank Marvin, sincerely, for helping bring this team out of the abyss of the 90's/early 00's. He brought us some respect back, love him for it !

But he should have been gone several years ago. He's just not a good enough "in game" coach to get us to the next level. He doesn't instill enough discipline in his players to stop the melt downs in crunch time. This isn't me hating on Marvin, it's just the simple facts.

I hope Marvin Lewis goes on to live a great life, I wish him well. But I don't want him back as Cincinnati's HC next season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2016, 01:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Because the team got worse, had a losing record, and missed the playoffs.

Meh. If you think 5 straight playoff trips (no wins) was such a special feat, I'm not sure why one losing season would totally change your opinion. It's not like we're talking about a 2 win season. The Bengals were still competitive and had some close losses. With a couple roster tweaks, I'm almost positive Marv could get right back on the playoff cameo train.

Would you not agree?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2016, 05:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Meh. If you think 5 straight playoff trips (no wins) was such a special feat, I'm not sure why one losing season would totally change your opinion. It's not like we're talking about a 2 win season. The Bengals were still competitive and had some close losses. With a couple roster tweaks, I'm almost positive Marv could get right back on the playoff cameo train.

Would you not agree?

You honestly don't see any difference between this year's 5-8-1 team and the one that went 10-3 with Dalton at QB last year beating the Steelers and Seahawks?

I see a pretty big difference.  Last year we outscored our opponents by 140 points.  This year we have been outscored by 5.

Maybe you should take a closer look.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2016, 07:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You honestly don't see any difference between this year's 5-8-1 team and the one that went 10-3 with Dalton at QB last year beating the Steelers and Seahawks?

I see a pretty big difference.  Last year we outscored our opponents by 140 points.  This year we have been outscored by 5.

Maybe you should take a closer look.

So I have you down for "the Bengals won't make the playoffs in 2017 as long as Marv is the coach".

Alright then.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2016, 07:58 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: So I have you down for "the Bengals won't make the playoffs in 2017 as long as Marv is the coach".

Alright then.

I don't understand any of your posts in thnis thread.

I never said anything like that.

Here is my position.  Probably should not fire the head coach when he is maing the playoffs every year, but if the team takes a dive and gets a lot worse then it might be time to fire him.  What is so hard for you to understand?
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2016, 06:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't understand any of your posts in thnis thread.

I never said anything like that.

Here is my position.  Probably should not fire the head coach when he is maing the playoffs every year, but if the team takes a dive and gets a lot worse then it might be time to fire him.  What is so hard for you to understand?

Look, it's just that you always seemed far more impressed by the streak of 5 straight playoff trips (with no wins) than most. You've used it to defend Marv a lot in the past. 

If 5 straight playoff trips (no wins) was such an impressive feat, I'm not sure why you'd be so quick to fire him for a 6 win type of season. 

Personally, if Marv had a few playoff wins sprinkled in there, I wouldn't want him fired over this season. It honestly hasn't been all that bad, and I do think a quick rebound is very possible. For me, the playoff losses are a factor.

If they're not a factor for you, I'm just not sure why you'd can a guy when it's pretty obvious what the biggest problems were this year, and that makes a rebound seem probable. 
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2016, 07:51 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If 5 straight playoff trips (no wins) was such an impressive feat, I'm not sure why you'd be so quick to fire him for a 6 win type of season. 

Personally, if Marv had a few playoff wins sprinkled in there, I wouldn't want him fired over this season.

I still don't see why you can not graspsuch simple logic.

If a coach makes the playoffs that is a good thing nd he probably should not get fired.

If a coach misses the playoffs then that is a bad thing and perhaps the coach should get fired.

(12-23-2016, 07:51 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Personally, if Marv had a few playoff wins sprinkled in there, I wouldn't want him fired over this season.

Based on the logic you have been trying to use on me that means if Marvin had won a few playoff games you would never fire him no matter how many losing seasons he had.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 11:40 AM)fredtoast Wrote: If a coach makes the playoffs that is a good thing nd he probably should not get fired.

So a coach makes the playoffs in 10 consecutive years, and loses every single one of them. The majority of them not even being competitive. That's a good thing, and the coach should not be fired?

You have no concept of context.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 11:40 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Based on the logic you have been trying to use on me that means if Marvin had won a few playoff games you would never fire him no matter how many losing seasons he had.

How so? I only said I would not fire Marv for this season if he had playoff wins on his resume. I did not say I would tolerate multiple losing seasons. 
Reply/Quote
I wonder if marvin Lewis works as hard as some of us, his giggly attitude is a different way to get through the career, I like to laugh too. But I wonder if he's up 48 hours straight "because of work" sometimes, or is he a check in check out guy. You can't get mad at someone who's doing everything they can/their best, but is he?
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 04:07 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So a coach makes the playoffs in 10 consecutive years, and loses every single one of them. The majority of them not even being competitive. That's a good thing, and the coach should not be fired?

You have no concept of context.

I never said anything like this.

Why can none of you actually address what I say instead of making up crazy stuff and claiming I said it?
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 10:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: How so? I only said I would not fire Marv for this season if he had playoff wins on his resume. I did not say I would tolerate multiple losing seasons. 

I'll tell you "how so".  I am doing exactly the same thing you did.  I am making up something you never said and claiming that you said it.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 12:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I never said anything like this.

Why can none of you actually address what I say instead of making up crazy stuff and claiming I said it?

I never said you said that. This first two sentences are statements. The third sentence was a question. 

I'm just seeking an answer. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote