Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jim O & Paul Dehner: Who stays, who goes among Bengals FA's?
(01-05-2017, 05:16 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Either Zeitler or Kirkpatrick will get tagged. I think they want to keep both guys long term. My guess is tag Kirkpatrick and get Zeitler locked up. I think Lafell is worth giving a two year deal. I think we can keep Whit too.

All these guys are retainable, how hard the team wants them back is on them.

That would be sweet.

Whit, Zeitler, Lafell and Kirkpatrick with the tag. Would make me happy.

Still, we need a decent RB and we just saw Rex show that he is one.

Don't understand why we don't bring him back with Gio's injury and Hill's poor play.

Surprised this is so unlikely.
Reply/Quote
I imagine they'll work on Whit and Dre. I believe they'll let Zeitler leave/test the market. If he gets an offer that warrants a 3rd round comp ( Whatever ) they'll let him walk.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 04:55 PM)McC Wrote: If Whit leaves, you'd better hold onto McCarron.  And we're not exactly set at RT.

It won't matter who our backup QB is if we don't have an o line...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They have to lock up two of the 3 quality (reliable) offensive linemen.

I also want Burkhead, Lafelle and Dre.   If we have 48 million to get it done.  If we let anyone go it should be Dre - though I would not be happy about it.

We're already struggling to find good young tackles.  If Either Whit or Zietler goes we'll have another bad season.

And we've finally found a running back that knows how and when to find the hole and can get there.  We would be stupid to let him go.  Hill needs to be the backup.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 05:03 PM)J24 Wrote: They only need to return two guys Zeitler and Whitworth the rest are replaceable.

No doubt.  

The whole situation is irrationally enraging me.   The worst part of this team by far was the oline.  They are looking are potentially only having only Bodine, and Boling as the lone returning starters and by extension Boling as the lone returning competent Starter.   Utterly ****ing mind blowing that Z is realistically walking.

For years we have been force fed this narrative that "we spend on our own", we don't bring in big money outsiders.  Here we go, put your damn money where your mouth is. You have F** all and Jack Shit as options on the oline, compounded by a terrible draft for Oline needs, a bad free agent group, and nearly 50 ****ing million in cap space.  You pay Z what he wants and move on. It is dead simple. If you want to win you bring back Whit and Z.  

Honestly, this shit is why I can't take this organization seriously. And my '"shits given" is at an all time low.  

Here. I"ll help to spell it out for them.

Dear Bengals,
You have no leverage. Zero. Suck it up and deal with it. You overplayed your hand and got burned.  It's time to pay the Piper and you better damn well pay.  You're going to invite him in, make him a nice dinner. Prop his feet up. Let him **** your wife, and thank him when he leaves.  You are going to do this because you have no choice.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
Kind of surprised they complimented Gillberry but only gave him 15% chance of returning.

and why did it seal Bullocks fate just because he missed 1 game winner? Nugent did that over and over.
Reply/Quote
Just let me say......nothing this shit show does surprises me anymore.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 11:22 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Kind of surprised they complimented Gillberry but only gave him 15% chance of returning.

and why did it seal Bullocks fate just because he missed 1 game winner? Nugent did that over and over.

Probably more "tough talk" like Piano Douche had for Ogbuehi 11 weeks AFTER he shoulda been benched.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 11:28 PM)Wyche Wrote: Probably more "tough talk" like Piano Douche had for Ogbuehi 11 weeks AFTER he shoulda been benched.

But, but, but they will work on those issues now it's the off-season. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 05:03 PM)J24 Wrote: They only need to return two guys Zeitler and Whitworth the rest are replaceable.

Dre is not replaceable. Especially if Pacman is suspended or cut.

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 03:34 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I personally think they are overly optimistic about Zeitler and Kirkpatrick.  I think they are both going to want significantly more than Brown is willing to pay.

I get the importance of both, and Zeitler has the benefit of the offensive line looking, well, offensive this past season.  They will be afraid to let him go.  However, I look at Dre as an ascending player.  3 INTs, 10 PBUs, and keeping down some pretty elite WRs is pretty solid given this team's lack of a pass rush for much of the season.  

If I could only keep one, and that is pretty realistic, I would keep Dre.  I think Zeitler is going to command too much on the open market, and he is not a dominant player.  I don't care what PFF rates him.  I'm not paying that kind of money to a guy that is not a difference maker.  I think he was trending that way, but then didn't want to be "the fat guy" and his game tailed off.  He will likely end up being a 3rd round compensatory in 2019, so maybe you use at least a 3rd rounder for a Guard that you feel can step in and play?  I don't know enough about Westerman, but the fact that they started TJ Johnson at LG the final game doesn't indicate that they have a lot of faith in him.  
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 04:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks Holic. The good news is it seems we are finally trying to move on from Peko and we are trying
to bring back Whit, Lafell and Kirkpatrick. Would like to bring back Zeitler, looks like it is a wait and see
what the market gives him first.

Burkhead just proved that he is a good RB right when we needed one. Why the hell don't we give him an
extension is beyond me. Gio is hurt, Hill doesn't run hard. Bring this guy back.

If Rex isn't re-signed, I'm playing the race card on Marv.   Sarcasm

Seriously, though, he and Gio have similar skill sets and a draft pick like Cook could form a pretty impressive trio.

I don't think Lafell is worth what he will likely get on the open market.  He is solid, but I want to see Cody Core at X receiver, and more of Tyler Boyd.  The Bengals will surely use another draft pick on a speedy WR that needs some seasoning to develop as well.  

Whit MUST be re-signed.  Bengals gambled on two draft picks being able to fill in for him, and that is a giant NO WAY IN HELL.  Don't care his age.  He is still one of the best.  

I know he takes a lot of crap around here, but as many snaps as Peko played, I am surprised they don't feel he will be back and play on more of a rotational basis.  He picked up the slack and then some of Billings and Hardison being injured.

Ditto Hunt.  Guy single-handedly changed the outcome of two games and should have had a third, but the kick missed against the Texans.  He showed improvement at pass rushing as well.  Either that, or he will have fun in New England.  
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 03:34 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I personally think they are overly optimistic about Zeitler and Kirkpatrick.  I think they are both going to want significantly more than Brown is willing to pay.

I agree. I doubt they pay close to what DeCastro signed for and FA CBs are even more expensive. I've always thought Fisher was the insurance policy for Zeitler leaving. 
Reply/Quote
I honestly feel like Zeitler will be the one who goes.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
It irks me to no end that Paul Alexander lined up these younger guys that are terrible.

Then he proceeds to shift blame to Marvin and paints himself as a hardass.

If Marv has any nuts and him and Mikey are really talking to each other daily... how exactly does that shit fly?

This organization must be a half witted bunch of circle jerkers.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 09:56 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I agree. I doubt they pay close to what DeCastro signed for and FA CBs are even more expensive. I've always thought Fisher was the insurance policy for Zeitler leaving. 

I don't see it that way.  This team has a shitpile of money to use in free agency.  You know full well that they aren't giving it to players form outside the organization, at least not a significant amount of it.  Even if you signed Whit for 10 mil and Burkhead/LaFell for 7 mil combined, you're still sitting on 31 mil or so to spend.  All of the rookies and injury settlements in the world aren't eating up that number.  

I believe that they try to get Dre signed before the market opens.  If they can't, he gets slapped with the tag.  I don't think he's going anywhere this year.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 11:22 AM)samhain Wrote: I don't see it that way.  This team has a shitpile of money to use in free agency.  You know full well that they aren't giving it to players form outside the organization, at least not a significant amount of it.  Even if you signed Whit for 10 mil and Burkhead/LaFell for 7 mil combined, you're still sitting on 31 mil or so to spend.  All of the rookies and injury settlements in the world aren't eating up that number.  

I believe that they try to get Dre signed before the market opens.  If they can't, he gets slapped with the tag.  I don't think he's going anywhere this year.

This team always has a shitpile of money going into FA. There is the market value and then there is the Bengals' market value. They will pay what the believe a position is worth and no more. Historically, the organization doesn't value OGs. I believe Zeitler will most likely get a top 5 contract for his position. I don't believe the Bengals will pay top 5 money for an OG based upon what they have done in the past. I would expect them to work on extending other players before they overpay (in their minds) for a OG. Just my two cents. 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 03:09 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Interesting read. They give percentages on the likelihood of each player returning - 

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/01/05/who-stays-who-goes-among-bengals-free-agents/96192598/

If I had to pick the most important to me it would be Whit. With this wreck of an offensive line, he's the one that is stable and dependable. For them to let him go would be a sin. 
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 11:04 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: It irks me to no end that Paul Alexander lined up these younger guys that are terrible.

Then he proceeds to shift blame to Marvin and paints himself as a hardass.

If Marv has any nuts and him and Mikey are really talking to each other daily...  how exactly does that shit fly?

This organization must be a half witted bunch of circle jerkers.

He stands on the table for the wrong guys and then proceeds to not coach them up.  He can't
 pick them and he can't coach them.  What a combo.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
If we can't sign Whitworth or if we want an upgrade from Winston, I would look at guys like Riley Reiff or Mike Remmers, who are serviceable, can play both tackle positions, and aren't too expensive.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote