Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
The best of Burfict behind him?
(08-16-2018, 02:30 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He's missed 17 games over the last 3 years due to injury or suspension. That's a lot. 

Not comparing him to JJ Watt, but Watt has only played 8 games in the last 2 season.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 08:14 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Typical  Whatever

Nitpick a small part of a post and completely ignore some great points made throughout the rest of it.

I don't waste my time reading posts that have zero credibility.

When someone tells me the Earth is flat I don't waste any more time listening to his opinion.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 04:31 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Not comparing him to JJ Watt, but Watt has only played 8 games in the last 2 season.

I’m sure Gronk’s numbers aren’t pretty either. But when he’s on the field he’s a difference maker, just like Burfict.

Granted, Tez could be missing a lot less games without all the suspensions, but it just surprises me how people “are done” with him, or want him traded. I doubt many Texans or Pats fans want their guys traded just because they miss a lot of games.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Our defense isn't the same without Tez, he's the leader and has skills that you can't teach. You have to take the bad with the good with him, as someone else mentioned.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Here is my theory.

Even though a lot more athletes are coming back from microfracture surgery it still appears to shorten the careers of players who go through the procedure. So maybe Burfict is just getting suspended a few games each year in order to extend his career. If he takes off 3 or 4 games every year he may be able to play a couple of years longer.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 08:09 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: What good is elite talent when he's on the bench for half of our games? 

And no, it's not just me

Just curious, but why make the comment "maybe it is just me" and then turn around and contradict yourself by saying "no, it is not just me".

I do know that a lot of professional teams would disagree that it is better to have an average giuy all the time instead of a great player half the time.  I remember at the end of Charles Barkley's career he has having a lot of problems with his back and only played about half the time.  At one point he said he wuold agree to sign with a team if he did not have to play the first half of the season.  Teams were lining up to sign him to play even though it was only half of the season.  they knew it was much better to have a great player half the timeinstead oif an average player 100% of the time.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 10:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m sure Gronk’s numbers aren’t pretty either. But when he’s on the field he’s a difference maker, just like Burfict.

Granted, Tez could be missing a lot less games without all the suspensions, but it just surprises me how people “are done” with him, or want him traded. I doubt many Texans or Pats fans want their guys traded just because they miss a lot of games.

Wait til they get a load of these other scrubs we have at LB.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote