Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jim Tuner's 9 months with the Bengals have been interesting
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Jim Turner is bullying the hell out of this fanbase, but we've gotta sack up and just take it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Definitely a lot of activity. I don't know about achievement.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 05:05 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Definitely a lot of activity. I don't know about achievement.

That's how my Wife describes my prowess in the boudoir. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Wouldn't surprise me if some of these OL have had conflicts with Turner, and I don't blame them. The dude is a garbage person.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Turner needs to be fired. Hell, he shouldn't have been hired in the first place, IMO.

I'm really hoping Zac won't hang on to guys just because they are friends. 
Reply/Quote
I'm not going to put this on Turner; it seems like a lot of the Glenn issue is on Glenn.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 05:25 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Turner needs to be fired. Hell, he shouldn't have been hired in the first place, IMO.

If he hired them just because they're friends, I'm not very hopeful.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 05:38 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: If he hired them just because they're friends, I'm not very hopeful.

He did, though.

Zac is cut from the same cloth as the Brown family Whatever
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 04:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Until the negative publicity reaches the headline in the sports page of The Cincinnati Enquirer, Mike Brown and company won't see it as real.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
 Wasn't this line actually good at 3rd and short situations last year? They are now literally putrid at everything.

Turner was a comfort hire from ZT's glory days of coaching the future HOFer Ryan Tannehill and his unstoppable juggernaut Miami Dolphins offense.  Turner taught Ced Og how to "block." This goofball is not fit for the NFL. He is not fit to carry Frank Pollack's jockstrap.  They can either fail gracefully by firing him or keep fielding god awful offensive lines with this guy at the helm.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 05:24 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Wouldn't surprise me if some of these OL have had conflicts with Turner, and I don't blame them. The dude is a garbage person.

It's all speculation, but I could see him totally flipping out and riding them in practice. I could see him being really hard on a guy like Glenn that used to be really good once upon a time.

All speculation though.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 05:25 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Turner needs to be fired. Hell, he shouldn't have been hired in the first place, IMO.

Fun fact, supposedly Turner is the one who recommended that Tuberville hire Taylor as OC of UC.

It's like a big circle.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 05:38 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: If he hired them just because they're friends, I'm not very hopeful.

Honestly, Turner was radioactive. No other NFL team would have likely hired him.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 08:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, Taylor was radioactive. No other NFL team would have likely hired him.

Where else did Zac Taylor interview?
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 08:45 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Where else did Zac Taylor interview?

I meant Turner. He was pretty much blackballed from the NFL.

Taylor? He wasn't getting a HC job either. Heck, I don't know if a team would make him an OC.

Hiring a veteran HC like a Chuck Pagano or Mike McCarthy with Taylor as the OC and Del Rio as the  DC may have been the way to go.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 08:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I meant Turner. He was pretty much blackballed from the NFL.

Taylor? He wasn't getting a HC job either. Heck, I don't know if a team would make him an OC.

Hiring a veteran HC like a Chuck Pagano or Mike McCarthy with Taylor as the OC and Del Rio as the  DC may have been the way to go.

Personally I just don't see how Zac Taylor can be a first time HC plus call plays and be successful?

Way too much. Way too soon.

I would've thought bringing in a very experienced DC or OC might have at least gave stability to part of the team to help.

They don't even have that to fall back on as interim if they wanted to fire ZT down the road.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 08:57 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Personally I just don't see how Zac Taylor can be a first time HC plus call plays and be successful?

Way too much. Way too soon.

I would've thought bringing in a very experienced DC or OC might have at least gave stability to part of the team to help.

They don't even have that to fall back on as interim if they wanted to fire ZT down the road.

And scout. And evaluate the roster. And determine which free agents to sign. And develop playbooks.

It's all A LOT. And he may be VERY GOOD at 1 or 2 of the things I mentioned, but fail at the others.

We basically need a Bill Parcells level guy to win here. And the kicker is, they likely couldn't co-exist with Bengals management!
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 08:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I meant Turner. He was pretty much blackballed from the NFL.

If memory serves, Jack Del Rio interviewed for defensive coordinator last winter but did he turn the job down?
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 09:01 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: If memory serves, Jack Del Rio interviewed for defensive coordinator last winter but did he turn the job down?

Well...reports were mixed, but basically his view and Zac/the Bengals Management weren't on the same page. So they didn't view it as a fit.

Man...Imagine the excitement here if we did hire JDR! People call me negative, but I was legit excited for him.
Reply/Quote