Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jim Turner expected OL coach per PFT
Just the fact that he works for Jimbo Fisher is enough for me to poo poo him, let alone the other flags. Ugh.

Here's to hoping he's a one year rental.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Man, if they were going to go with a potential scumbag they may as well have gone with DeGooglyElmo or whatever his name was. In a vacuum, I'd have bet on Pollack over Turner any day of the week. We'll see. 
Reply/Quote
Yea.. I'm not going to hate on the guy for having a couple ill advised work jokes.

Is he grading guys on ketchup bottle finesse? No. So lets see what happens.

Pollock was supposed to be a wiz. I was never bragging about our OL last year.

Get the new guy some talent to work with and lets make it happen.
Reply/Quote
This guy had to be option #3. I'd rather go with option #4.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
This hire is kind of a meh, especially with hoping for Callahan earlier this year. Kinda like whoever is gonna replace the possibility of Del Rio for DC. Obviously Taylor is comfortable with him and trusts him so that's important. He does seem to improve the run blocking, so Mixon should be happy.

When Sumlin went from an air raid based team to a spread option team, he brought Turner back to A&M. They became a run oriented team averaging 5.7 yards per carry in a single year, while having just one returning starter on the line. That takes some talent.
Reply/Quote
This could just be a one year deal and we'll bring in Callahan when his contract expires after next season. Probably not the best pick when it comes to character but as long as they nail the DC & DL spots, I could live with this.

Upgrade RG/RT and the OL should still be better as long as he isn't incompetent. If he's a fit for what Taylor wants to do, so be it.
Reply/Quote
To me it sounds like the guy has put together some successful lines, but also gotten some bad press. Taylor knows him personally, so it makes me think the press might have been blown out of proportion. Ill take a chance on him if Taylor thinks he can put a good product out there.
Reply/Quote
I thought that Dolphins line was pretty darn good when he was there.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 04:04 AM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: I thought that Dolphins line was pretty darn good when he was there.

Was he there for this one? Lmao

[Image: genooo.0.gif]

Reply/Quote
After reading about his off the field incident at A&M I’m surprised he’s still coaching at a high level not to mention the whole fiasco with Miami. Plus in his last season with the dolphins Tannehill was sacked the 11th most times in nfl history
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 10:58 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The optimist in me says Jim Turner made Ogbuehi a beast — and he was tamed by the Piano Man’s music.

I don’t think Ogbeuhi has enough interest in the game, heart for the game, or love of the game to ever be a beast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I really don’t know anything about Sherman, but it appears we’re hiring all his family and friends.

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 12:20 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Those dudes both had issues. Just on different sides of the fence. The latest from Incognito was this:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2018/08/21/richie-incognito-arrested-funeral-home/1052288002/

Trying to imagine how you get to the point where you’re threatening to shoot the staff at a funeral home

Reply/Quote
And my excitement for Taylor is falling off a cliff
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 04:54 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Was he there for this one? Lmao

[Image: genooo.0.gif]

What, you mean Geno Atkins made a line look bad??? Say it ain't so...…
As far as Og, I would not hold his lack of development against this guy. Og played well enough at A&M that he was a 1st round draft pick in the NFL. It's not this guys fault OG could not make the transition to the pro game, that's all on Alexander.....
Reply/Quote
People are funny, if I told you last off season we were going to fire Marvin Lewis and hire Zac Taylor people would have lost their minds, yet we are all excited now. Every "unknown" coach is unknown until they are known. Any coach Taylor brings in could be the next great coach when put into his vision or they could be a bust. People getting bent out of shape over getting name coaches or non name coaches and it's pointless. When Mike Zimmer arrived here he was run out of Atlanta after a horrible stint yet here he was one of the greatest defensive coaches we have ever seen in the organization. Jay Gruden was a nobody arena football coach when he got here, only getting the job because he was John's brother according to most people, yet he put together a solid stint here and got a HC job out of it.

The idea Taylor is "making bad decisions" just needs to stop. He had an intricate plan at the interview, one that took place knowing there was a chance he wouldn't be hired until after the SB. Do we really think the whole thing just disintegrated overnight? Crazy thought, maybe he is getting exactly who he wanted? Which would then mean that maybe he actually knows what he is doing?
Reply/Quote
I would rather have piano man than this guy. Hopefully just another smoke screen.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
I don’t care about the gift bag thing with the blowup dolls for Christmas during his time at Miami, who cares... And we really don’t have the full story about everything. For as much as we know about him, Taylor knows a LOT more. And I’m going to leave it at that.

However, I hope Zac is prepared for the media backlash coming to him. Otherwise, I’m going to watch this play out and NOT hit the panic button.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 09:29 AM)Au165 Wrote: People are funny, if I told you last off season we were going to fire Marvin Lewis and hire Zac Taylor people would have lost their minds, yet we are all excited now. Every "unknown" coach is unknown until they are known. Any coach Taylor brings in could be the next great coach when put into his vision or they could be a bust. People getting bent out of shape over getting name coaches or non name coaches and it's pointless. When Mike Zimmer arrived here he was run out of Atlanta after a horrible stint yet here he was one of the greatest defensive coaches we have ever seen in the organization. Jay Gruden was a nobody arena football coach when he got here, only getting the job because he was John's brother according to most people, yet he put together a solid stint here and got a HC job out of it.

The idea Taylor is "making bad decisions" just needs to stop. He had an intricate plan at the interview, one that took place knowing there was a chance he wouldn't be hired until after the SB. Do we really think the whole thing just disintegrated overnight? Crazy thought, maybe he is getting exactly who he wanted? Which would then mean that maybe he actually knows what he is doing?
Agreed 100%. We simply don’t know as much as Taylor does about this guy. I expect Taylor to know what he’s doing here. Not only is the OL our weakest position on the team, but this guy has some bad rep surrounding him. I just can’t help but think Taylor is aware of that and knows what he’s doing. I think the best thing we can all do here is breathe and see what happens. I’m putting money on this OL being way better this season than the last two. Watch.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 09:29 AM)Au165 Wrote: People are funny, if I told you last off season we were going to fire Marvin Lewis and hire Zac Taylor people would have lost their minds, yet we are all excited now. Every "unknown" coach is unknown until they are known. Any coach Taylor brings in could be the next great coach when put into his vision or they could be a bust. People getting bent out of shape over getting name coaches or non name coaches and it's pointless. When Mike Zimmer arrived here he was run out of Atlanta after a horrible stint yet here he was one of the greatest defensive coaches we have ever seen in the organization. Jay Gruden was a nobody arena football coach when he got here, only getting the job because he was John's brother according to most people, yet he put together a solid stint here and got a HC job out of it.

Turner isn't an unknown. He has a history of being a POS
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote