Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jim Turner fired for being a scumbag (again)
Texas State: Offensive line coach Jim Turner is no longer on staff at Texas State, according to The Austin American-Statesman. He was fired for “doing or saying something controversial,” according to the report. Tight ends coach Brian Hamilton has moved to coach the offensive line and graduate assistant Boone Feldt has been promoted to tight ends coach.

I for one am absolutely shocked. SHOCKED I tell you!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 10:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Texas State: Offensive line coach Jim Turner is no longer on staff at Texas State, according to The Austin American-Statesman. He was fired for “doing or saying something controversial,” according to the report. Tight ends coach Brian Hamilton has moved to coach the offensive line and graduate assistant Boone Feldt has been promoted to tight ends coach.

I for one am absolutely shocked. SHOCKED I tell you!

considering just about everything is controversial these days...  its a pretty vague statement
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 12:34 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: considering just about everything is controversial these days...  its a pretty vague statement

If everything was controversial then every coach would be getting fired.

Can't just ignore Turner's history.  Fired from Dolphins over bullying.  Suspended by Texas A&M over sexist comments/actions.
Reply/Quote
Former OL coach Jim Turner landed last season with Texas State University. After 1 season, he was fired for controversial statements. Exactly what he said hasn't been reported but Turner has been fired from every coaching job he ever had, all but the Bengals for behavior issues. This man does not belong in a locker room at any level

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 04:07 PM)pally Wrote: Former OL coach Jim Turner landed last season with Texas State University.  After 1 season, he was fired for controversial statements.  Exactly what he said hasn't been reported but Turner has been fired from every coaching job he ever had, all but the Bengals for behavior issues.  This man does not belong in a locker room at any level

He really comes off as that old timer who hasn't caught up with the times of what is and isn't appropriate.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
As bad as our OL was this year...can you even imagine how bad it would have been had we kept this turd?
Reply/Quote
Seemed like an bad hire at the time... Can't keep a job at Texas State? They are barely D1.
Reply/Quote
Maybe Cleveland will hire him..  Who Dey
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Really have to wonder what he said to get fired from a school in freaking Texas.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 02:20 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Really have to wonder what he said to get fired from a school in freaking Texas.

Guessing something along the lines of "Texas Sucks".

Pretty much anything else flies there...
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 02:20 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Really have to wonder what he said to get fired from a school in freaking Texas.

Texas?

Probably said that a fetus should not be allowed to own an AR-15.
Reply/Quote