Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jim Turner is our new OL Coach
Didn't see a thread about this, thoughts?

Dude had some of the worst O Lines in Miami.
Reply/Quote
Not happy. Will just hope he’s learned a lot from his past failures. Greatness comes from falling down and getting back up till you get it right. This is his chance. Sounds stupid, I know. But all I got right now.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If something goes bad now, let's see how long it takes for it to be extracted from the team. Then we will know if there is absolute change.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
This isn’t an upgrade over Frank Pollack. This might be Piano Man 2.0.
Reply/Quote
Everyone acts like Frank Pollack was great but we were still bad at offensive line last year and he got fired from Dallas the year before.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 11:01 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Everyone acts like Frank Pollack was great but we were still bad at offensive line last year and he got fired from Dallas the year before.

The run blocking was improved last year. It's worth considering the possibility that the line overachieved with a rookie/injured center and the talent level of some of the players who were asked to start. Has Pollack earned Dante Scarneccia status? Nah, but he has certainty demonstrated that he's at least competent. 

The typical fan nitpicking should be expected here. Somewhat proven coach vs. a guy who coached middling lines in Miami. If Taylor is willing to bet on Turner, that's a good enough argument for me. It's his show now. 
Reply/Quote
Well Fred's comical prediction of Richie Inconigto coaching for the Bengals might not have fallen far from the tree.

https://www.thephinsider.com/2016/7/30/12332738/former-dolphins-coach-jim-turner-suspended-by-texas-a-m-for-inappropriate-jokes

The Bully Gate scandal tore apart the Miami Dolphins in the second half of the 2013 season, with Jonathan Martin alleging mistreatment from multiple teammates. An investigation finding Richie Incognito, John Jerry, and Mike Pouncey conducted in “bullying” of Martin was conducted by Ted Wells, who also conducted the investigation into the New England Patriots “Deflate Gate” scandal. Also in the findings was inappropriate behavior by Dolphins offensive line coach Jim Turner.

The Wells report on Bully Gate broke down some of Turner’s behavior:
Quote:Turner was aware of the running "joke" that Player A was gay, and on at least one occasion, he participated in the taunting. Around Christmas 2012, Coach Turner gave the offensive linemen gift bags that included a variety of stocking stuffers. The gifts included inflatable female dolls for all of the offensive linemen except Player A, who received a male "blow-up" doll. [Jonathan] Martin and another player reported that they were surprised Coach Turner did this; Martin further said that he was offended that Turner had endorsed the humiliating treatment of Player A by participating in it. Incognito and others agreed that this incident with Coach Turner occurred. When interviewed, Turner was asked if he gave Player A a male blow-up doll. He replied, ‘I can’t remember.’
Three years later, and Turner is in trouble again, this time being suspended from his role as the Texas A&M offensive line coach for making inappropriate, double-entendre types of jokes on slides during a football clinic for women:

Turner filed a lawsuit last year against Ted Wells for defamation, with hearings on that case as recently as last month.
The presentation also featured a re-written version of the Texas A&M War Hymn. The re-write is attributed to Turner and tight ends coach Jeff Banks, who was also part of the presentation and was likewise suspended by the team:

According to SB Nation, Turner has used this same type of presentation before, in his 2008 to 2011 stint with Texas A&M.
Texas A&M head coach Kevin Sumlin released a statement about the suspension of Turner and Banks:
Quote:“There is absolutely no place in our program or in our University community for inappropriate conduct or degrading comments towards women, or anyone, regardless of intent.
While I was in attendance at the Chalk Talk event this week, I was engaged in meeting participants, taking photographs and signing autographs and I was unaware of the contents of Jim and Jeff’s presentations until this morning. Upon learning of the details, I immediately consulted with Director of Athletics Scott Woodward, and made the decision that both Jim and Jeff will be suspended without pay for two weeks effective immediately and will serve 20 hours of community service. I have addressed the issue with both of them and have their commitment to be better representatives of our program.
On behalf of Aggie Football, I want to apologize for the comments at Chalk Talk and also for my failure to review their individual presentations. I want to thank the almost 700 women who came out this week who not only participated in the program but who supported a worthy cause in the Twin City Mission.”
The two coaches issued a joint statement as well:
Quote:"We want to sincerely apologize to the passionate Aggie fans and to women everywhere for our failed attempt at humor during this week's Aggie Football Chalk Talk and fundraiser. We clearly understand now that our comments and slides were not appropriate or consistent with the values of our football program or our Department. We must do better, and we will."
Turner clearly did not learn from his experience with the Dolphins and how badly that situation blew up in his face.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 11:01 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Everyone acts like Frank Pollack was great but we were still bad at offensive line last year and he got fired from Dallas the year before.

Can't make chicken salad with chicken $h1t.

Remember, Dallas let Sean Payton walk, and also fired Zimmer. Ironically, Pollack may go back to Dallas.
Reply/Quote
WOW! I opened this thread thinking it was a joke... not liking this at all.

We can only hope Zac knows what he’s doing...
Reply/Quote
So they follow up the hiring of Taylor with an idiotic, PR nightmare hire.....Bengals just can’t stop taking those 2 steps BACK. Typical......
Reply/Quote
He reTweeted this:
[Image: DibrDRWUYAAnSCV.jpg]

Joekl and Ced? He wants his name associated with them?

Fire his ass now!!!
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 10:45 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Not happy. Will just hope he’s learned a lot from his past failures. Greatness comes from falling down and getting back up till you get it right. This is his chance. Sounds stupid, I know. But all I got right now.

If thats the case, Marvin Lewis is going to be one incredible head coach next job!  Ninja
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 11:49 PM)GodFather Wrote: If thats the case, Marvin Lewis is going to be one incredible head coach next job!  Ninja

Funny, because I was about to make a thread regarding Marvin's new job (surprised there hasn't been one yet). He'll be a commentator/analyst for the Alliance Football league.
Reply/Quote
For better or worse, gotta like Taylor pick his guys.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Just makes me wonder about the Bill Callahan rumors, guess he couldn't be pried away from the Skins.
Reply/Quote
Well, at least we know who is going to be the staffs lightening rod.
Reply/Quote

He did great considering the garbage he had to work with.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 11:48 PM)Shady Wrote: He reTweeted this:
[Image: DibrDRWUYAAnSCV.jpg]

Joekl and Ced? He wants his name associated with them?

Fire his ass now!!!

3 of those guys suck ass. My god what a terrible hire
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 12:27 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: 3 of those guys suck ass.   My god what a terrible hire

Agreed. On the other hand, he was a good enough coach to get those three picked high .
Reply/Quote