Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jim Turner is our new OL Coach
(03-01-2019, 03:01 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think as a 3rd Tackle he'd be fine.

Andre Smith on a 1 year deal is an option too. Not the best option, but an option.

This is my take.  Out of Fisher, Ole'hi, et al.....he's easily the best reserve associated with the team right now.  I'd take Hart as a backup in a heartbeat over those two.  Now as a starter.......

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 04:30 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Exactly, and maybe it was just bad coaching that never let Hart reach his potential?  People want new coaches and bash the old ones, but never take into consideration how they impact the play of the players.

What do people think coaches are here for?

No, Bobby was not very good at FSU either.  Having said that, until you have the position addressed, it's best not to burn bridges.  Dude didn't say he was a future all pro, or even say he played well, just said he played with passion.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 05:26 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He was what a 7th Round pick? You can't expect him to be a Pro Bowl player in Year 2.

I think the fact that he actually started in the NFL for his 1st 2 years defies odds for 7th Round picks.
Yep.

Not all players tear it up in college but get to the pro game and succeed, especially with better coaching, which could happen with Hart, even if he doesn't become Willie Anderson.

Good coaches know how to get the most out of players, improve their weaknesses, and play to their strengths, so I'm giving Turner some time to work with him before I write him off.
(03-01-2019, 05:44 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: He's been in the league for 4 But get your point. I think our coaching in the past sucked at getting players to reach their full potential. Regardless what this regime decides with Hart, I will cut them some slack.

Exactly.  At least let him get some proper coaching to see if he can reach his full potential.

(03-01-2019, 06:02 PM)Wyche Wrote: No, Bobby was not very good at FSU either.  Having said that, until you have the position addressed, it's best not to burn bridges.  Dude didn't say he was a future all pro, or even say he played well, just said he played with passion.

Exactly.  

Maybe he sees something in Hart that he can build on and improve him to a solid player.

Regardless, it's hilarious how people want Turner to throw him under the bus already.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 12:28 AM)Synric Wrote: Other than linebacker, RT, and RG can you point to bad places on the roster? I mean you can start attacking depth but the Bengals have a solid roster that's biggest problem was coaching.

Can you really say teams with half their roster is free agents and udfa draft better? It's a flawed arguement

Yeah but those positions have been problems for years. I would also add Center, TE, backup 3T, and Edge Rusher to the list as well.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 02:18 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well until you know he has been replaced.... Its best not to throw them under the bus

Excellent big picture thinking, which is a thing not everyone can do.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 07:16 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Yeah but those positions have been problems for years. I would also add Center, TE, backup 3T, and Edge Rusher to the list as well.

I'm not so sure that we need an Edge Rusher as a priority. We'll have Lawson back and have Hubbard. Dunlap is here too. Then, Willis.

But the other positions are needs.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 12:28 AM)Synric Wrote: Other than linebacker, RT, and RG can you point to bad places on the roster? I mean you can start attacking depth but the Bengals have a solid roster that's biggest problem was coaching.

Can you really say teams with half their roster is free agents and udfa draft better? It's a flawed arguement

Linebacker is multiple spots. Center (as much as I liked Price) is still a question mark given a pretty rough rookie year (he could get better). Glenn was also disappointing coming in via trade to replace a massive draft bust. Our best lineman is probably Boling, which is bad. Tight End is pretty weak. WR3 is weak. We also have a lot of starters who are "ok" but not really a big plus. Most of our secondary comes to mind. 

We had a couple pretty big hits in Boyd and Mixon + our aging core of Dalton, Green, Atkins, Dunlap. The rest of the roster is ok at best, and we were hurt severely by major misses along the o-line, as well as LB and of course John Ross. Again, this isn't me arguing that our scouting sucks. Just that it's hard to say it's "good" with such major flops contributing to losses and only 2 big hits over the last several years.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 06:02 PM)Wyche Wrote: No, Bobby was not very good at FSU either.  Having said that, until you have the position addressed, it's best not to burn bridges.  Dude didn't say he was a future all pro, or even say he played well, just said he played with passion.

Future all pro no, but he did say he was phenomenal.

Now anyone who has watched more than 2 Bengal's games last year knows Hart was hot garbage. This tells me one of two things about him. Either A he hasn't watched a single snap that Hart played or 2 he has the football IQ of a turnip. If it's the first one what the hell has he been doing the last couple of weeks? If it's the second Dalton is gonna be in for a LOOOOONG season.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2019, 01:52 AM)mallorian69 Wrote: Future all pro no, but he did say he was phenomenal.

Now anyone who has watched more than 2 Bengal's games last year knows Hart was hot garbage. This tells me one of two things about him. Either A he hasn't watched a single snap that Hart played or 2 he has the football IQ of a turnip. If it's the first one what the hell has he been doing the last couple of weeks? If it's the second Dalton is gonna be in for a LOOOOONG season.

Could be a lot of things.  Trying to boost the guy's confidence.  Maybe he sees how he can work with him, maybe fix him.  Why didn't you jump to those conclusions?  How much benefit would it be to rag on the guy in an interview?  Do you really expect him to say, that guy is a piece of shit and I can't wait to send his ass packing?   This is what happens when you blindly and thoughtlessly react to an interview and don't even consider the whole picture.  Now, back to your rant.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2019, 09:46 AM)McC Wrote: Could be a lot of things.  Trying to boost the guy's confidence.  Maybe he sees how he can work with him, maybe fix him.  Why didn't you jump to those conclusions?  How much benefit would it be to rag on the guy in an interview?  Do you really expect him to say, that guy is a piece of shit and I can't wait to send his ass packing?   This is what happens when you blindly and thoughtlessly react to an interview and don't even consider the whole picture.  Now, back to your rant.

You can not rag on someone without using words that are normally reserved for high praise. He could have just said he played with passion and left it at that.

Willie Anderson was a phenomenal RT, do you think Hart is anywhere close to the player Big Willie was? Apparently our new line coach does.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 08:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'm not so sure that we need an Edge Rusher as a priority. We'll have Lawson back and have Hubbard. Dunlap is here too. Then, Willis.

But the other positions are needs.

Willis isn't good and what happens if Dunlap or Lawson get hurt. We need a backup that can produce.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2019, 01:29 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Linebacker is multiple spots. Center (as much as I liked Price) is still a question mark given a pretty rough rookie year (he could get better). Glenn was also disappointing coming in via trade to replace a massive draft bust. Our best lineman is probably Boling, which is bad. Tight End is pretty weak. WR3 is weak. We also have a lot of starters who are "ok" but not really a big plus. Most of our secondary comes to mind. 

We had a couple pretty big hits in Boyd and Mixon + our aging core of Dalton, Green, Atkins, Dunlap. The rest of the roster is ok at best, and we were hurt severely by major misses along the o-line, as well as LB and of course John Ross. Again, this isn't me arguing that our scouting sucks. Just that it's hard to say it's "good" with such major flops contributing to losses and only 2 big hits over the last several years.

Yep. We're mainly living off of what we did 7-8 years ago.

When I looked at the PFF rankings, we had 7-8 starters who graded out in the 50's or lower. You're not going to win with those numbers in the NFL.

2 LB's
TE
G
RT
C was bad most of the year
LT was bad most of the year but I think Glenn finished somewhere in the low 60's which isn't great but adequate.

Some of our CB's graded low.
MJ graded REALLY low at DE.
Billings graded pretty low then towards the end of the year inched up.

You can see why we finished 6-10. Now people will argue these ratings, but we did finish 6-10.
Reply/Quote