Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jim Turner is our new OL Coach
Fan: "We have to get rid of Mervin. ANYONE would be better than Mediocre Merv."

Lewis fired. New coach disagrees with fans.

Fan: "This guy is garbage too."
Reply/Quote
Wow, top notch reporting there; you're only... twenty...three, hours late?

Must be another excuse to throw the usual hissy fit...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 02:16 PM)Trademark Wrote: LOL I’m losing more and more interest for this new regime by the day

what did you want him to say? "oh that guy sucks, he shouldn't even be in the league" who would want to play for a guy that talks about players like that?
Reply/Quote
I won't worry about it unless they decide to bring back Bobby Hart. Coaches usually don't openly bash players to the media. I don't think it's that big of a deal.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 02:27 PM)fozzie11 Wrote: what did you want him to say? "oh that guy sucks, he shouldn't even be in the league" who would want to play for a guy that talks about players like that?

You don't have to use words like phenomenol though. Especially when talking about garbage. 
Reply/Quote
I just hope they don’t re-sign him because then we don’t have to worry about seeing him out there playing like trash again.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 02:44 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: I just hope they don’t re-sign him because then we don’t have to worry about seeing him out there playing like trash again.

I think as a 3rd Tackle he'd be fine.

Andre Smith on a 1 year deal is an option too. Not the best option, but an option.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 02:27 PM)fozzie11 Wrote: what did you want him to say? "oh that guy sucks, he shouldn't even be in the league" who would want to play for a guy that talks about players like that?

Considering the fact that Jim Turner is an unapologetic loudmouth jerk with no filter and proud disregard for people's feelings, yes, yes I would expect Jim Turner to say that Hart played like crap and should worry about his job security.

Maybe if Bobby Hart were a woman Jim Turner would have the nerve to offend the guy. What fun is having a guy like Jim Turner here if he isn't going to lambast players we don't like? Meh.
Reply/Quote

This is what i was wondering. Some people here i just don't get. He is not supposed to throw his players under the bus, especially before FA and the Draft. Hart was bad last year, but so was Redmond and even Cordy Glenn. I am not against bringing Hart back as a backup but would rather bring back Andre Smith there who is simply a better RT.
Reply/Quote
People freaking out over nothing.....day in-day out....
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 12:13 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I honestly don't think we draft terribly overall, but Og is far from the only ammo you could use if you wanted to question our scouting. Especially lately. Guys like Boyd are good, but we haven't had enough "hits" lately, and that's a huge reason why we've missed the playoffs 3 years straight. The roster just isn't what it was from 2011-2015. We haven't replenished talent.

I get that people are in a feel good mood with Marv gone, and I'm not trying to be overly negative here. I just feel that questions about our drafting (over the last few years) are more than fair. We've had some major whiffs and not enough big time players drafted.

I would say Bates, Hubbard, Mixon, Lawson, WJ3 lately is pretty good.

We will see about Price and Ross who i believe just need to stay healthy in order to become what i think they can.

Ross is a boom or bust player and both Price and Ross have lots of talent and upside.

Willis is another player i would like to see come around like i thought he would. Just saying it is a bit early with some of these players and for people to think that Bates and Hubbard were not great picks is a bit nutz to me. Couldn't of expected more out of these two rookies last year. They played hell a good right off the bat and that doesn't usually happen with 2nd and 3rd round picks.

Billings man, this is the guy i really want to show up and play well along with Price and Ross.
Reply/Quote
Turner was not my first pick for OL coach. Really wanted Bill callahan. I just can't see them bringing back Hart as a starter. Maybe 3rd string depth.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 02:16 PM)Trademark Wrote: LOL I’m losing more and more interest for this new regime by the day

"Our turnstile has more passion than yours" is about all I got out of his comments.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT82KYpNdKJmrmWcUUuRUD...kxw_30rKaQ]

Reply/Quote
Seriously, the most positive thing he said was that Hart played with energy and passion. That is hardly a ringing endorsement. That is what you say when you have to say something but don't want to be insulting. Its kind of like saying your blind date has a nice personality

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 03:41 PM)pally Wrote: Seriously, the most positive thing he said was that Hart played with energy and passion. That is hardly a ringing endorsement. That is what you say when you have to say something but don't want to be insulting. Its kind of like saying your blind date has a nice personality

True lol
Reply/Quote
Yikes. Hopefully he isn't in charge of scouting Tackles for the draft. We are in trouble if so.

He's off to a bad start and just can't get out of his own way.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 03:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is what i was wondering. Some people here i just don't get. He is not supposed to throw his players under the bus, especially before FA and the Draft. Hart was bad last year, but so was Redmond and even Cordy Glenn. I am not against bringing Hart back as a backup but would rather bring back Andre Smith there who is simply a better RT.

Exactly, and maybe it was just bad coaching that never let Hart reach his potential?  People want new coaches and bash the old ones, but never take into consideration how they impact the play of the players.

What do people think coaches are here for?
Reply/Quote
People seriously over estimate what a third tackle looks like in the NFL. I think as a back up he is fine. Then there is the other thing, all coaches think they can fix technique but not effort and it's why high effort guys always tend to stay around. I could see him being resigned on pretty low contract with little guarantee to get him back here for camp so Turner can see him for an off season.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 04:30 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Exactly, and maybe it was just bad coaching that never let Hart reach his potential?  People want new coaches and bash the old ones, but never take into consideration how they impact the play of the players.

What do people think coaches are here for?

He was what a 7th Round pick? You can't expect him to be a Pro Bowl player in Year 2.

I think the fact that he actually started in the NFL for his 1st 2 years defies odds for 7th Round picks.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 05:26 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He was what a 7th Round pick? You can't expect him to be a Pro Bowl player in Year 2.

I think the fact that he actually started in the NFL for his 1st 2 years defies odds for 7th Round picks.

He's been in the league for 4 But get your point. I think our coaching in the past sucked at getting players to reach their full potential. Regardless what this regime decides with Hart, I will cut them some slack.

Reply/Quote