Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jim Turner is our new OL Coach
[Image: 73SL1o7.jpg]
Reply/Quote
You guys are a bunch of uninformed babies.

The only thing Turner is guilty of is being handed a mentally unstable player in Jonathan Martin (who he sincerely tried to help btw) and crass jokes.

Big babies.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 11:21 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: The run blocking was improved last year. It's worth considering the possibility that the line overachieved with a rookie/injured center and the talent level of some of the players who were asked to start. Has Pollack earned Dante Scarneccia status? Nah, but he has certainty demonstrated that he's at least competent. 

The typical fan nitpicking should be expected here. Somewhat proven coach vs. a guy who coached middling lines in Miami. If Taylor is willing to bet on Turner, that's a good enough argument for me. It's his show now. 

Exactly right, it's his show; and let's see what he does with the coaching team he's building. I'm not going to second guess someone who is at least in somewhat of a rebuilding mode. Now... 3 or 4 years or 10 or 15 down the road we have more room to criticize. Let's hope if it were to not work out, we can hope moves are made much quicker than this last round,at least we made a long overdue move. At the very least I hope he takes credit for his work...good or bad like McVay. Soooo very tired of we did some good things, and we have some things to work on, week after week.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 12:43 AM)Benton Wrote: Agreed. On the other hand, he was a good enough coach to get those three picked high .

And that's a good point. The college coaches job is to make sure his players excel at the college level, not to get them ready for the pros. The fact these guys sucked when they got to the NFL is on the NFL coaches for not helping them make that transition....
Reply/Quote
Meh I'm reserving judgement right now, i'm trusting Zac's decision to hire Turner.

Although I will say when the news broke about this two days ago it was mildly entertaining watching Joe Goodberry melt down on Twitter over this hiring. You would have thought we hired Josef Mengele to coach our offensive line by how butthurt Joe looked.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Liked the Taylor hire but everyone else on his staff is blah. Capers n Del Rio turning down the defensive coordinator job can’t be good. I wonder if they asked about free agency n what they could bring.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 11:08 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Liked the Taylor hire but everyone else on his staff is blah.  Capers n Del Rio turning down the defensive coordinator job can’t be good.  I wonder if they asked about free agency n what they could bring.

Could be this, or maybe the Bengals not wanting to part/those guys not wanting to coach a certain linebacker on this team could have turned them away.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 12:43 AM)Benton Wrote: Agreed. On the other hand, he was a good enough coach to get those three picked high .

or.......a good enough con man  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 01:40 PM)John Shaft Wrote: or.......a good enough con man  Ninja

Con man how? The scouts and coaches pick players off what they did in games and put on tape, not off what an assistant coach tells them.....
Reply/Quote
Time will only tell, but I give this hire a big ole fat thumbs down. Just hope they prove others and myself wrong.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Maybe people would be less frazzled over any of this if they stopped looking at each individual element of it and just waited to see how the operation as a whole performs.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 03:34 PM)McC Wrote: Maybe people would be less frazzled over any of this if they stopped looking at each individual element of it and just waited to see how the operation as a whole performs.

In the end it comes down to you either trust Taylor or you don't. They guys was ultra prepared for a reason he has a very specific way he wants to do things and so if these are the pieces he needs to do that so be it. 
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 03:34 PM)McC Wrote: Maybe people would be less frazzled over any of this if they stopped looking at each individual element of it and just waited to see how the operation as a whole performs.

I agree.

We've hired a bunch of guys into new roles that are a level or two above where they were currently employed. We have to just wait and see how things come together. Some of these coaches may be great...and lets hope Taylor is!

Then, the ones who fail can be replaced and over time hopefully we build something great.
Reply/Quote
I have a feeling that we'll completely forget about this in 4 or 5 years when our offensive line is markedly better.
Reply/Quote
Just read an article Turner has sent dildos to all the lineman with a card that reads, "Time to step up or take it in the ass"
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 05:27 PM)GodFather Wrote: Just read an article Turner has sent dildos to all the lineman with a card that reads, "Time to step up or take it in the ass"

The way Ogbuehi has played I'm willing to bet that he decided to bend over.

Reply/Quote
according to Taylor via the mothership: "“He’s a great person, great human, somebody I trust … " 
Great person? Great human? Hmmmm...  Well we have a brand new definition of great then.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 03:30 PM)Au165 Wrote:

I honestly think the majority of fans couldn't care less, if Turner's numbers as a coach were better.

Backlash for hiring an idiot bully?  Nah.  Backlash for hiring an idiot bully that hasn't produced great line play recently.  Yep.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
He can’t be any worse than the Piano Man. I like him just for the fact he is pissing off the Political Correct crowd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote