Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jimmy Garoppolo to become the highest paid player
He's about to sign a deal with the Niners. $137.5m over 5 years. The $27.5m a year average will be the highest in NFL history. All of this with 9 starts under his belt.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
And resetting the market in the process. All qbs are smiling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
He is a good QB and the 49ers will definitely improve next year. I'm not sure he is worth 27.5 million a year with only 9 starts. I hope he doesn't get injured and sit the bench. If he can make it, he should because you never know what might happen in the future.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2018, 04:48 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: And resetting the market in the process.  All qbs are smiling

Brees and Cousins will be asking for a lot.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
At this rate I'm going to see a billion dollar (edit: player) contract in the NFL in my lifetime. That's just crazy.
Reply/Quote
Will be interesting to see the details of the deal. One thing of note is that while he makes slightly more than Stafford per year (500k being "slight") there is significantly less guaranteed money (74 million vs 92 million.)
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2018, 04:48 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: And resetting the market in the process.  All qbs are smiling

Foles and Cousins are happy
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2018, 04:57 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Will be interesting to see the details of the deal. One thing of note is that while he makes slightly more than Stafford per year (500k being "slight") there is significantly less guaranteed money (74 million vs 92 million.)

I could try to get by on 74 mil.
Reply/Quote
and some fans wonder why ticket prices are so high? 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2018, 02:45 PM)BMK Wrote: I could try to get by on 74 mil.

Yeah, I think we could make ends meet on that.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
So now Brady sees his back up is making more money than he is. Been kind of a bad week for Tom....
Reply/Quote
Holy crap. 9 freaking starts. Good work if you can get it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2018, 11:34 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Holy crap. 9 freaking starts. Good work if you can get it.

Now watch him turn into glass.

Reply/Quote
You know..maybe it's just me, but for this kind of money every team should be able to fire every single player on their teams and ONLY have Garappolo play all 53 positions at the same time AND STILL WIN!
I guess I just don't see the big picture..
Good thing I'm not his head coach because there wouldn't be any such thing as an injury bad enough to take him out of a game for that kind of money..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
drew brees is old now so he won't be getting anything big, that's the way the ball roles these days.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote