Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jimmy Garoppolo
As the world turns. Jimmy G stays in San Francisco

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 06:49 PM)pally Wrote: As the world turns.  Jimmy G stays in San Francisco

Good move by them. They might still face us in the SB Afterall. Jimmy G is pretty good. Trey Lance I don't know about.

Jimmy G is a master throwing in the middle of the field to Kittle and Deebo.

Don't understand why they were looking somewhere else, thought they had the QB already that completes them as a top team.

They were 1 dropped INT from facing us in the SuperBowl and they already got us once in OT.
Reply/Quote
Grappolo is actually a very good QB. He just can't stay healthy.

Lance has only attempted 318 passes in his entire college career, and 71 last year with the Niners. It will be interesting to see how he fares this year. I believe that there are a lot of QB "skills" that only come with experience in game situations. I have never heard of a first round QB who only threw 318 passes in college. Maybe Cam Newton?
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 11:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good move by them. They might still face us in the SB Afterall. Jimmy G is pretty good. Trey Lance I don't know about.

Jimmy G is a master throwing in the middle of the field to Kittle and Deebo.

Don't understand why they were looking somewhere else, thought they had the QB already that completes them as a top team.

They were 1 dropped INT from facing us in the SuperBowl and they already got us once in OT.

They were also one missed wide open throw to Emmanuel Sanders from beating KC for a Super Bowl. Jimmy G threw that... He's alright, not great.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Probably a good move by them. They can throw Trey Lance into the fire a bit. If he gets burned let Jimmy finish the year and Trey get another year to learn and catch up on the NFL game. If I remember right Trey played okay last year when he needed to?

Jimmy feels like a Kirk Cousins type of guy. He's an above average player, but will probably need to have a strong team around him to win a Super Bowl.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2022, 07:50 PM)jason Wrote: They were also one missed wide open throw to Emmanuel Sanders from beating KC for a Super Bowl. Jimmy G threw that... He's alright, not great.

98.9 career passer rating.

33-14 in regular season, 4-2 in post season.

He is much more than "alright".
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2022, 10:47 AM)fredtoast Wrote: 98.9 career passer rating.

That's why they gave up 3 picks to get his replacement while Jimmy's still in his prime. He's good enough to win some games with a good roster around him... Much like our guy Ginger Tarzan was.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2022, 07:50 PM)jason Wrote: They were also one missed wide open throw to Emmanuel Sanders from beating KC for a Super Bowl. Jimmy G threw that... He's alright, not great.

Just saying he is a good QB, I have no idea about Trey Lance and think it was a little crazy to think about just moving 
to a straight up rookie unknown over Jimmy G who is already good.

He makes mistakes in the big games like most QB's not named Brady and Burrow.

(09-03-2022, 11:22 AM)jason Wrote: That's why they gave up 3 picks to get his replacement while Jimmy's still in his prime. He's good enough to win some games with a good roster around him... Much like our guy Ginger Tarzan was.

Doesn't mean it was a good move. I don't even see what they saw in Lance...
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2022, 10:47 AM)fredtoast Wrote: 98.9 career passer rating.

His post season stats go right in the toilet though. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote