Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Future Opponent Raiders coaching situation
(10-11-2021, 11:00 PM)Go Cards Wrote: All will laugh but believe Jay is a much better coach than Jon he just had a playing career that got him into coaching much later.

But Jon has that big personality that sways people opinions to open doors and he just fell into some honey holes per the connections his father had already made in NFL

Theres is your laugh for the day, but that's my take on it. Jay was an incredible QB and have no idea how he never got his shot in league. 

Would list the best Louisville QB's of all time as Johnny Unitas, "Lamario" Jackson, Jay Gruden, Teddy Bridgewater, and Chris Redman personally. 

I wouldn't laugh.  Live in Orlando and loved Jay from his time with the Orlando Predators arena league...player/coach.  He was coaching them and doubling up helping Jon the year the Bucs won the super bowl.  I remember Jon giving Jay credit in an interview for a lor of their play designs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 09:11 AM)jj22 Wrote: I agree he deserves criticism, but he's not your boss. Now send emails about your boss like that and it won't end good.

Those emails were from something like 11 years ago when he wasn't coaching. Goodell is not Grudens boss anyway, but Goodell is everything Gruden called him and even more. I wish we would hire him. With this much talent, he would turn this team into a SB contender in no time, imo. 
Reply/Quote
The one's we know of. Gruden and Bruce overlapped from 2018-2020 in the league, and surely continued to email.

So much more is coming out it's clear Gruden had no choice but to step down to avoid further leaks.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 05:40 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Those emails were from something like 11 years ago when he wasn't coaching. Goodell is not Grudens boss anyway, but Goodell is everything Gruden called him and even more. I wish we would hire him. With this much talent, he would turn this team into a SB contender in no time, imo. 

If you're going to wish, wish bigger. 
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 11:24 PM)Destro Wrote: He's overrated anyway. He talked smack about the people above him. I guess if you work at Foot Locker or the Olive Garden or something it may not matter, but the rest of the world, it does. Claim PC culture as much as you want, but no real person running things puts up with it. Be it the NFL, a Fortune 500 company, the military or in the streets, 2021 or 1956, don't p*ss off those who can p*ss on you.

Agreed. It's all pretty mundane when you think about it.  Dude talks shit on behind people's backs.  People find out.  Dude gets fired. 

Tale as old as time. 
Reply/Quote
I know people like to blame politics but if your current employer found out you sent/received emails of nude women who accused the person (their boss) who took them without knowledge of sexual harassment and it came out in an investigation and they are made aware of it through the media you are in for it.

The question is why are they picking on Gruden? Who did he upset? I think Florio has a good point....

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/12/plenty-of-people-are-nervous-about-the-bruce-allen-emails/

They need to have transparency or they are just picking people (or in this case a person) to get fired. That to me is the issue.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 06:05 PM)jj22 Wrote: I know people like to blame politics but if your current employer found out you sent/received emails of nude women who accused the person (their boss) who took them without knowledge of sexual harassment and it came out in an investigation and they are made aware of it through the media you are in for it.

The question is why are they picking on Gruden? Who did he upset? I think Florio has a good point....

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/12/plenty-of-people-are-nervous-about-the-bruce-allen-emails/

They need to have transparency or they are just picking people (or in this case a person) to get fired. That to me is the issue.

It’s PC culture in that it allows degenerates to act sanctimonious to others and that it’s used as a cudgel for people who could care less about being righteous and only use it as a means to advance themselves. In this case, to bring others down.

In other words, this is the modern day inquisition. Racism is the new heresy.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 04:16 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I dunno, I think his statements on the Commish were pretty factual. 

Factual or not, it doesn't matter. People like us do not matter to the commissioner, nor would anyone care what we have to say about it. When an NFL head coach has said things about those representing the league and another one representing the players, that's it. That isn't cancel culture, that is real life. 

Trump bounced people from positions when they said things about him. Is he a liberal? Nope. Forget politics, it is the ay hierarchy works. Hell, no one can even complain about game officials and people think it is a PC culture that cost Gruden his job? Nope, he got caught talking that sh*t and those above him reacted. This is as old as the Bible. 

People most upset with this are those who want to say whatever they want and have no repercussions to it. The internet made this worse, as anonymity and ease has made people lazy and brave with their words. The problem is the internet never forgets.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 10:32 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: It’s PC culture in that it allows degenerates to act sanctimonious to others and that it’s used as a cudgel for people who could care less about being righteous and only use it as a means to advance themselves. In this case, to bring others down.

In other words, this is the modern day inquisition. Racism is the new heresy.

her·e·sy

/ˈherəsē/

opinion profoundly at odds with what is generally accepted.

Ok, so racism is heresy...fine...but why is this such a bad thing?  Jon Gruden has a right to be racist like Colin Kapernick has a right to take a knee during the anthem.  Neither of them have a right to be employed by the NFL.  People just can't see beyond whichever side of the mob they are on when it comes to how "right" it is for people to run a person out of town.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 10:40 AM)Nately120 Wrote: her·e·sy

/ˈherəsē/

opinion profoundly at odds with what is generally accepted.

Ok, so racism is heresy...fine...but why is this such a bad thing?  Jon Gruden has a right to be racist like Colin Kapernick has a right to take a knee during the anthem.  Neither of them have a right to be employed by the NFL.  People just can't see beyond whichever side of the mob they are on when it comes to how "right" it is for people to run a person out of town.

I’m talking more about it being the new heresy in that bad actors weaponize it and the mobs to advance themselves at the expense of others. No different from inquisitors in Spain gunning for their colleagues because he wants to bone his wife or the priest that preaches family
Values but boinks kids on the side.

It’s not inherently good or bad. I’m just a bystander for the lols. It’s fun because the bad actors usually get theirs at the end of the day. Some recent examples I can think of is John Legend’s wife and Blizzard entertainment.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 12:09 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: I’m talking more about it being the new heresy in that bad actors weaponize it and the mobs to advance themselves at the expense of others. No different from inquisitors in Spain gunning for their colleagues because he wants to bone his wife or the priest that preaches family
Values but boinks kids on the side.

It’s not inherently good or bad.  I’m just a bystander for the lols. It’s fun because the bad actors usually get theirs at the end of the day. Some recent examples I can think of is John Legend’s wife and Blizzard entertainment.

Unless Gruden is being set up and the emails are fake, I don't see how he's some sort of victim in this case.  He ran his mouth and for once it came back to bite him in the ass.

Who is the bad actor in the case of the NFL vs Gruden?
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 12:18 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Unless Gruden is being set up and the emails are fake, I don't see how he's some sort of victim in this case.  He ran his mouth and for once it came back to bite him in the ass.

Who is the bad actor in the case of the NFL vs Gruden?

The NFL for selectively leaking the emails if you believe that’s what’s going on, which I do. If you don’t believe that, you can just point and laugh at their own moral shortfalls while they try to grandstand to the public. There’s plenty of subject material there too.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 12:23 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: The NFL for selectively leaking the emails if you believe that’s what’s going on, which I do. If you don’t believe that, you can just point and laugh at their own moral shortfalls while they try to grandstand to the public. There’s plenty of subject material there too.

The email correspondence was uncovered because Gruden was stupid enough to send a bunch of unflattering emails about people he worked with and for to a company email address.  This happens all the time and people get fired without the woke mob getting involved.

I don't see your argument.  The NFL and Goddell are so dirty that they shouldn't be allowed to fire someone?
Reply/Quote