Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe B. thinks we have the right pieces before the draft
https://www.bengals.com/news/joe-burrow-speaks-we-know-we-have-the-right-people-in-place

Great read, sounds like Joe is also trying to add some muscle weight with the trainer.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I just read that a few minutes ago. I wonder how much more he will weigh than his usual 215
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2024, 06:45 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I just read that a few minutes ago. I wonder how much more he will weigh than his usual 215

245 lbs, 2.5% BMI

[Image: wbhMJ1epbSY6UyFF8t345WU9ubOboANAmpBt1LKQ...ffff-no-rj]

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2024, 06:45 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I just read that a few minutes ago. I wonder how much more he will weigh than his usual 215

I am thinking 225 lbs. is a good weight, no more than 230.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
He was kind of jacked last year and it didn't exactly pay dividends in terms of health. He needs to do a lot of mobility and core work. I'm not sure bigger is better here.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2024, 08:08 PM)samhain Wrote: He was kind of jacked last year and it didn't exactly pay dividends in terms of health.  He needs to do a lot of mobility and core work.  I'm not sure bigger is better here.

My wife loves Burrow. But she says he has no calves or thighs. I would hope he could improve his leg strength, it helps everything. 

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2024, 03:33 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: https://www.bengals.com/news/joe-burrow-speaks-we-know-we-have-the-right-people-in-place

Great read, sounds like Joe is also trying to add some muscle weight with the trainer.

smart move with the way he has struggled with durability, have felt he needed to add some muscle
Reply/Quote
Straight muscle isn’t always better.

[Image: patrick-mahomes-defends-dad-bod-75726180.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2024, 09:24 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: My wife loves Burrow. But she says he has no calves or thighs. I would hope he could improve his leg strength, it helps everything. 

He does have skinny legs

I think he weighed a little over 220 his rookie season. Then over the rehab for the knee he dropped to about 210 then settled on about 215. So it sounds like he is heading back to that 220 range

Maybe he should job his linebackers in their Pilates classe in addition to his strength training

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2024, 08:08 PM)samhain Wrote: He was kind of jacked last year and it didn't exactly pay dividends in terms of health.  He needs to do a lot of mobility and core work.  I'm not sure bigger is better here.

I don't think his wrist injury is or isn't connected to being jacked or having a dad-bod. He'd have been hurt no matter his physique. 
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 12:01 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Straight muscle isn’t always better.

I thought this was a family board!

Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2024, 03:33 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: https://www.bengals.com/news/joe-burrow-speaks-we-know-we-have-the-right-people-in-place

what else is he gonna say... These new teammates suck?
Reply/Quote

[Image: brady-500x313.jpg]

For QBs it sure seems like pliability/flexibility is a lot more important than packing on muscle. Obviously you don't want to be too thin because you need some cushioning to absorb some hits, but I think they're much like MLB pitchers where at a certain point any more muscle is a downside and any muscle building focus should be largely on lower body.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 12:01 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: patrick-mahomes-defends-dad-bod-75726180.jpg]

my eyes!?!?!??!
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 10:08 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: what else is he gonna say... These new teammates suck?

you beat me to it.  I had the exact same thought.
Reply/Quote

He has that built in shock pad ....seems to work too
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 10:08 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: what else is he gonna say... These new teammates suck?

He could be a politician and say a lot of words with no real meaning. So, say nothing. 

Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow's internal monologue (probably)...

"This sucks. I'm so sick and tired of this Great Value Tight End of the Month Club bullshit. Yeah, great, another reclamation project that I'm gonna have to carry that's just gonna walk for a 3 year $24 mil contract after I make him look like an actual NFL starter. That punk ***** Tee better check himself before he wrecks himself. All I hear is "Well, if Joe hadn't of been hurt, then Teeeeeeee coulda, shoulda, woulda....". News flash, assholes, if the guy can't produce when I'm not in there, maaaayyyybbbeee he ain't that damn good to begin with and I'm the one carrying him? "But....but...but...Tyler Boyd is teh best slot receiver in da leeeeeague...". What the hell you smoking? Yeah, guy runs an 8 yard route and I gotta thread the needle to him because he's blanketed so he can get tackled right where he caught it except for the two plays a year where nobody bothers to cover him because everyone knows he's trash. These fans, I swear, dumbest fans in the league. News flash, if you thought Auden Tate was an NFL starter, you aren't qualified to tell Joey Franchise what the offense needs or even talk about wide receivers in general. Dumbasses didn't even want my brother from another mother Ja'marr. I hear one more boomer going off about putting me under center and imma punch him in his geriatric skull and set this rehab back a couple months. Next mofo screaming about a DT in the 1st is getting slapped. How much does Lou's ass need, anyway? I'm dying here! You idiots realize that 75% of the economy of southwest Ohio revolves around me, right? You think NFL zebras are gonna let Pat lose 16-13 in the playoffs? You're an idiot! Ah, hell, I better start doing Duke's job and get on the horn to my boy Justin and LeBron this shit cuz Lou will probably slam his fist on the table for some MAC corner or something and that's the only way Imma get any damn help around here..."
Reply/Quote
I like what Burrow said, think he is leaving a lot out of course as he should, nothing like Whatever here says though lol Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2024, 09:24 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: My wife loves Burrow. But she says he has no calves or thighs. I would hope he could improve his leg strength, it helps everything. 

Joe has more than enough lower body strength. The volume of muscle doesn't automatically correlate to strength. Only the roid boys care about the appearance.
Reply/Quote