Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pass rush from the interior suddenly invisible
As long as the inside guys are stopping the runs up the middle, which they are, and pushing the pocket back, which they are, I'm happy.
Reply/Quote
This thread is the result of becoming a football fan while watching the Bengals in the Geno Atkins era. You start to expect pressure from the inside but also can't recognize good run defense when you see it.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
2 of our top 5 graded players through 6 weeks are IDL…

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Wonder if the Bengals would consider looking at Geno Atkins in a limited role. Get him in there on 3rd downs around 15-20 plays a game. Guess just comes down to whether or not he has anything left. Could be he just doesn’t wanna play anymore. You would figure a team would’ve brought him in by now.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 03:05 AM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Wonder if the Bengals would consider looking at Geno Atkins in a limited role.  Get him in there on 3rd downs around 15-20 plays a game. Guess just comes down to whether or not he has anything left. Could be he just doesn’t wanna play anymore. You would figure a team would’ve brought him in by now.

Pretty sure Geno is finished with the NFL.

Even if he comes back I doubt it will be here.  He was one of the best 3T tackles in the league and Lou moved him to play head up on the center last year.  I'll bet he plays somewhere where they know how to use his skills.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 01:49 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

Disruption

It's not a "stat" they keep track of. Only the very best of the best are going to rack up any large numbers in the interior.

But that doesn't mean they aren't good and causing disruption. QB having to move off his spot, rolling a little to the right or left. An interior lineman can disrupt a play and not get credit for a pressure.

It doesn't even have to be a pass play. Even if a run play is going right disruption from the left can still mess up the timing and rhythm of a play and result in blocking assignments getting messed up and the play going for less yards. On and on.

I'm not in any way upset or concerned with our D line play. It's much better than past couple seasons.

Well said, disruption is probably the most underrated thing when speaking of D-Lineman cause it doesn't count on the stat sheet.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2021, 01:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well said, disruption is probably the most underrated thing when speaking of D-Lineman cause it doesn't count on the stat sheet.

I just havent seen the push from the middle like I seen in the Vikings and Steelers outings.
And I will include the d linemen if you cant get to 
The QB then put your hands up if you are getting
Stonewalled on your pass rush. 
Amazing what a,mere fingertip can do to the path 
Of the ball to the target.
Is,Lou dialing up less stunts and twists this year?
Im not seeing as,many
Reply/Quote
I think
it
is a legiti
mate concern and I
kno
w we cannot win Sunday
unle
ssitimproves
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2021, 10:16 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Pretty sure Geno is finished with the NFL.

Even if he comes back I doubt it will be here.  He was one of the best 3T tackles in the league and Lou moved him to play head up on the center last year.  I'll bet he plays somewhere where they know how to use his skills.

Arizona have any cap space left?

Wonder what Genos asking price is if hes healthy... Gotta be a reason hes not playing right now
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2021, 02:05 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Amazing what a,mere fingertip can do to the path 
Of the ball 

[Image: The-Office-Michael-Scott-Thats-What-She-...00x400.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2021, 02:05 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I just havent seen the push from the middle like I seen in the Vikings and Steelers outings.
And I will include the d linemen if you cant get to 
The QB then put your hands up if you are getting
Stonewalled on your pass rush. 
Amazing what a,mere fingertip can do to the path 
Of the ball to the target.
Is,Lou dialing up less stunts and twists this year?
Im not seeing as,many
You are not wrong the pass rush just hasn't been there over the past couple weeks. Now that's not to say we haven't been a good defense but the pass rush needs help.
1.) Hendrickson is the only that has had a sack since the Steelers game.
2.) We are 22nd in QB hits
3.) We're also 24th in Blitzing percentage.
(All stats according to pro football Reference).
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 01:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is rare to get big sack numbers from interior line men.

Last year only 10 NFL teams had a DT with at least 4 sacks.  This year Hill already has 3 for us.

We need good pressure from our DTs.  But it is not as big of an issue as some here are claiming.

This

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I know it has already been brought up, but I will again point to Larry O.'s knee.

There was no need to put him on the injury report the last two weeks as he practiced 100%, but when it happened many thought it was a season ender. If it looks that bad at the time, it is not going to be 100% a week later. We are fortunate to have our bye week at the midpoint of the season, so that opportunity to rest up will help the rush on the back half of the season.
Reply/Quote