Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Biden is Trying to Lose
(03-11-2020, 03:13 PM)michaelsean Wrote: '93-'01

He wasn't old.  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-11-2020, 03:13 PM)michaelsean Wrote: '93-'01

Man, if I were a Clinton-defending democrat that would be checkmate.  But let's face it, as a country we have a certain type we keep going back to.  We just love those bad boys.  Suck it, Jimmy Carter!

I will say from a cynical standpoint the idea of seeing the majority of the voting populace argue over which part's "funny uncle" of a candidate is the less legitimate rapey weirdo is just delightful.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-11-2020, 02:37 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Yeah, probably wasn't always.

He has a pretty large history of bullying working/middle class folks, going back even before his presidential run. I mean, it's something he is extremely well known for.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(03-11-2020, 03:45 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: He has a pretty large history of bullying working/middle class folks, going back even before his presidential run. I mean, it's something he is extremely well known for.

I'm surprised people even bother arguing that Trump isn't a bully/jackass when it's so much easier to simply accept that he's a bully and then convince yourself that a bully is exactly what this country needs.  You can accept the truth and then bend it to fit your viewpoint...that's the less delusional method we seem to go for.
(03-11-2020, 03:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Go back and listen again.

I did. The guy never used the word "end", but did use the word "diminish". At that point Biden began cursing. I'm not sure where you think I'm going wrong, but I even posted the video of it show the exact quotes.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(03-11-2020, 03:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm surprised people even bother arguing that Trump isn't a bully/jackass when it's so much easier to simply accept that he's a bully and then convince yourself that a bully is exactly what this country needs.  You can accept the truth and then bend it to fit your viewpoint...that's the less delusional method we seem to go for.

Yeah, but that doesn't resolve the dissonance created about him being a populist. That's the narrative that won over a lot of people, even though he frequently short shrifts working and middle class folks working for him and focuses more on helping those in his own socioeconomic class than any of the workers in the country. So ignoring all of that, while more delusional, fits better with that.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(03-11-2020, 03:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Man, if I were a Clinton-defending democrat that would be checkmate.  But let's face it, as a country we have a certain type we keep going back to.  We just love those bad boys.  Suck it, Jimmy Carter!

I will say from a cynical standpoint the idea of seeing the majority of the voting populace argue over which part's "funny uncle" of a candidate is the less legitimate rapey weirdo is just delightful.

Well you asked where Democrats (not you) would get such an idea.  If it were you personally I'd just say it's because you're a sick bastard. Tongue
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(03-11-2020, 03:56 PM)6andcounting Wrote: I did. The guy never used the word "end", but did use the word "diminish". At that point Biden began cursing. I'm not sure where you think I'm going wrong, but I even posted the video of it show the exact quotes.

I quoted the story instead of the selectively edited version of the video.
(03-11-2020, 03:20 PM)GMDino Wrote: He wasn't old.  Mellow

Well no now that we are about the same age as he was when he left office.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(03-11-2020, 04:18 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Well you asked where Democrats (not you) would get such an idea.  If it were you personally I'd just say it's because you're a sick bastard. Tongue

Clinton is ancient history after peacenik bomber Obama did so much winning.  Trump brought back proud groping , and as a registered sex offender I applaud it.  Biden is just giving liberal voters the chance to vote for a perv who got a their viewpoint.   

Bravo. 
Another thing to consider is that DJT would never raise his voice in such a way to a person standing there that doesn't work for him.  He's too much of a coward.  

But on a less serious note it's entertaining that people will "go after" Biden for every gaffe and for "yelling at voters" at all.  Within the context of of how he has always been telling some that they are full of it seems a bit right because he will then engage in explaining WHY they are full of it.  He may be wrong, mistaken, or right but he will talk to them. 

At this point that is leaps and bounds above the low bar set by the insulter in the white house and how he handles anyone who disagrees with him on anything at all.

This incident certainly isn't enough to make me not vote for him...but please, continue to tell everyone how awful Biden is while Trump is still doing Trump things.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-11-2020, 04:57 PM)GMDino Wrote: Another thing to consider is that DJT would never raise his voice in such a way to a person standing there that doesn't work for him.  He's too much of a coward.  

But on a less serious note it's entertaining that people will "go after" Biden for every gaffe and for "yelling at voters" at all.  Within the context of of how he has always been telling some that they are full of it seems a bit right because he will then engage in explaining WHY they are full of it.  He may be wrong, mistaken, or right but he will talk to them. 

At this point that is leaps and bounds above the low bar set by the insulter in the white house and how he handles anyone who disagrees with him on anything at all.

This incident certainly isn't enough to make me not vote for him...but please, continue to tell everyone how awful Biden is while Trump is still doing Trump things.

Biden has been an idiot for a long time.  How he got away with the clean well-spoken African American comment, I'll never know.  

Problem is, due to a stupid promise I made myself, I have to vote for him if he wins the nomination.

(03-11-2020, 04:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I quoted the story instead of the selectively edited version of the video.

Oh crap - that's the direct quote in the article and in the captioned video in the link - but it's wrong. It's looks like the original video was posted to Twitter by Bo Erickson of CBS. Erickson put the quote using "end" in the caption of his Tweet as well. That video was so muffled I found a better quality one and that's the one I posted here. That's where he can be heard saying "diminish" not "end".

It was a pleasure fighting fake news with you Fred.  Hilarious
(03-11-2020, 03:45 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: He has a pretty large history of bullying working/middle class folks, going back even before his presidential run. I mean, it's something he is extremely well known for.

I won't disagree with that, but in my defense I was comparing campaign vs campaign. Trump took protestors and hecklers in stride and made good natured fun of them as opposed to taking it personal and overreacting. 
(03-11-2020, 04:59 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Biden has been an idiot for a long time.  How he got away with the clean well-spoken African American comment, I'll never know.  

Problem is, due to a stupid promise I made myself, I have to vote for him if he wins the nomination.

It's probably easier to get away with the well spoken African American comment when you're running against a guy who has asked where his African American was at a rally... Among other things.

And I completely feel you on that promise you made to yourself. What a shit show these 3 are.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(03-11-2020, 04:57 PM)GMDino Wrote: Another thing to consider is that DJT would never raise his voice in such a way to a person standing there that doesn't work for him.  He's too much of a coward.  

Totally true. Biden did explain himself. I didn't intend for that much to be lost in the fray. Biden had good counter points to offer.  But it's a little too late to take back his initial reaction. And that sound bite - along with a few of his other quotes from that discussion - are campaign ad gold for Trump. e's wrapping it around his already gold toilet as we speak. 
(03-11-2020, 04:59 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Biden has been an idiot for a long time.  How he got away with the clean well-spoken African American comment, I'll never know.  

Welcome to the radical far left. 

What's your address? I want to send you our version of the MAGA cap.

[Image: olive-green-chinese-mao-red-army-cadet-s...aa3bbb.jpg]
(03-11-2020, 06:15 PM)6andcounting Wrote:  Trump took protestors and hecklers in stride and made good natured fun of them as opposed to taking it personal and overreacting. 

I am starting to smell a troll.

6andcounting can't be this clueless

The dude lied, cited a video that lied, and then got called out.

Good for Biden. Don’t entertain fake news.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(03-11-2020, 06:43 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The dude lied, cited a video that lied, and then got called out.

Good for Biden. Don’t entertain fake news.

But on Fox and Friends this morning they said this was his elitism coming out.
It was a pure power move, and the well-spoken man who asked about his record challenged his power,
and Biden reacted instinctively to protect it.

Biden thinks the people work for him, not the other way around. He wants POWER.