Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Brady
I'm not intending for this thread to be looking at replacing Taylor, but with the talk of frustration with the coaching staff, I was just thinking about how Joe Brady is doing in his second season in CAR. I know his name came up by some (including myself) as an option for next HC/OC if the team moves on from Taylor.

Brady's doing worse this year than some would expect.
Last year, they signed Bridgewater to be the QB, then they got rid of Bridgewater and got Darnold.

Carolina Panthers offense by year
2020:
Points For - 24th (350)
Yards - 21st (5592)
Passing attempts - 22nd (550)
Passing yards - 18th (3888)
Passing TDs - 28th (16)
INTs thrown - 26th (16)
Rushing attempts - 21st (407)
Rushing yards - 21st (1704)
Rush TDs - 10th (19)

2021 (9 games):
Points For - 26th (171)
Yards - 27th (2868)
Passing attempts - 15th (321)
Passing yards - 29th (1874)
Passing TDs - 31st (7)
INTs thrown - 29th (11)
Rushing attempts - 8th (257)
Rushing yards - 17th (994)
Rush TDs - 9th (9)

Do people think Brady's offense is being held back by the QB and the fact that McCaffrey basically hasn't played at all except for 4 games in the past 1.5 seasons?
Or do you think that Brady's offensive playcalling isn't all that it's cracked up to be without elite players being there to execute it?
Would we have confidence Brady could succeed with the Bengals?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If Taylor leaves, I prefer someone that has had some level of success being a head coach in the NFL already. We gave Marvin his first shot(no, I don't want him back) and Taylor as well.

Can anyone think of a coach that would fit that category?

Rex Ryan is the only one I can think of and I know people usually either love him or hate him.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 04:32 PM)Mer Wrote: If Taylor leaves, I prefer someone that has had some level of success being a head coach in the NFL already. We gave Marvin his first shot(no, I don't want him back) and Taylor as well.

Rex Ryan is the only one I can think of and I know people usually either love him or hate him.

What about the Bills or Bucs OCs    that have been successful at those positions lately. I would say the Bills DC but its a name thats been here before lol

Not sure what Former Head coaches that were successful are available.

Leftwich seems like a good option who was able to Adapt Brady to Arians and make it all work
Reply/Quote
He's just not all he's cracked up to be.

I wrote out a long-ass post last year, showing how he was only a piece of the LSU attack and not the end-all, be-all, as Ensminger was still there and Brennan was on fire last year, before getting hurt. Can't find it now, but went fairly in-depth into the numbers and how Ensminger completely turned things around from a run-first offense, to a spread.

Brady coming in put the finishing touches on some of the route and spread concepts (which he brought from the Saints) and he is clearly a great football mind, but he isn't this ultimate mastermind; again, he leaves and the offense doesn't skip a beat and that's even WITHOUT Burrow, Chase and Jefferson (they only had a shitty season due to their horrid defense).

People gave the, "no McCaffery," excuse, last year, but aside from the first 3 games this year (as you've mentioned, Ocho), they have looked just awful and that's even with, "Rhule and Brady's guy," in Darnold (at least that's what they were dubbing him at the beginning of the year).

If Walker does as well or better, then we can say it's more Darnold than anything, but I have never held Brady in the regard that many have; again, he's a piece, not the whole machine.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 04:32 PM)Mer Wrote: If Taylor leaves, I prefer someone that has had some level of success being a head coach in the NFL already. We gave Marvin his first shot(no, I don't want him back) and Taylor as well.

Jon Gruden. After he apologizes and goes to some silly rehab 
Reply/Quote
Joe Brady is very young and not experienced especially at the Pro Level I thought Carolina kinda reached when they made him a Offensive Coordinator. Now I believe he would be a spectacular Wide Receiver coach until he gained necessary experience.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 04:58 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Jon Gruden. After he apologizes and goes to some silly rehab 

He did cross my mind but I figure he's damaged goods currently.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 04:40 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: What about the Bills or Bucs OCs    that have been successful at those positions lately.  I would say the Bills DC but its a name thats been here before lol

Not sure what Former Head coaches that were successful are available.

Leftwich seems like a good option who was able to Adapt Brady to Arians and make it all work

I pretty much only watch Cincinnati. Who is the Bills DC? Frazier?

Just looked it up. It is Frazier. 

I just wish there was someone with skins on the wall we could hire. Who knows though if they'd get the control they'd want? Probably why we seem to always have first time HC's.
Reply/Quote
No.thanks. If ZT is ushered out the door as HC
I want a HC that has a blueprint and resume
Of success at the NFL level.
ZT was hired on with neither and his overall record reflects
That he isnt HC material.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 05:19 PM)Mer Wrote: He did cross my mind but I figure he's damaged goods currently.

We used to be the land of misfit toys so ya never know 
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 05:36 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: We used to be the land of misfit toys so ya never know 

I personally wouldn't mind it but the media would crucify us if we hired him.

I wouldn't be shocked if we eventually hired Jay Gruden.
Reply/Quote
He's loss some of his shine now that Darnold has fallen back down to earth.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Let's get the band back together and Bring in Coach O
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 06:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Let's get the band back together and Bring in Coach O

Who?
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 07:11 PM)Mer Wrote: Who?

Edward J. Ogeron Jr. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I don't think I can say one way or the other with Brady. I know Carolina has been bad but Darnold is playing terribly. When you roll out and over throw a wide open receiver 15 yds down field into the waiting arms of a DB it's hard to evaluate the play calling. But having said that Bridgewater is having a respectable year in Denver so who knows. Knowing the in's and outs of Joe Burrow helps.

If we do get a new head coach I just want him to have a proven track record whether at the NFL or collegiate level.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 07:23 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I don't think I can say one way or the other with Brady. I know Carolina has been bad but Darnold is playing terribly. When you roll out and over throw a wide open receiver 15 yds down field into the waiting arms of a DB it's hard to evaluate the play calling. But having said that Bridgewater is having a respectable year in Denver so who knows. Knowing the in's and outs of Joe Burrow helps.

If we do get a new head coach I just want him to have a proven track record whether at the NFL or collegiate level.

As a HC or as a coordinator?

I could argue for one of the offensive coordinators of the Bills, Bucs, or maybe Ravens.

I don't know if there's a former NFL HC or current collegiate HC I'd want other than maybe Lincoln Riley?
Perhaps there's someone I'm not thinking of though.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 07:29 PM)ochocincos Wrote: As a HC or as a coordinator?

I could argue for one of the offensive coordinators of the Bills, Bucs, or maybe Ravens.

I don't know if there's a former NFL HC or current collegiate HC I'd want other than maybe Lincoln Riley?
Perhaps there's someone I'm not thinking of though.

I guess I should've been a little more specific. But yeah a HC or coordinator with a proven track record. I think it would most likely have to be a coordinator. I wouldn't mind someone like the last Eagles head coach he did win a superbowl or maybe Jay Gruden. I wonder if you could get Fickle (not sure if that's spelled right) to make the jump to the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 05:19 PM)Mer Wrote: He did cross my mind but I figure he's damaged goods currently.

Id take him in a hearbeat..but why on earth would he want to be here other then he is a leper to everyone else and Mike loves to bargan hunt.
No GM , small scouting dept, no indoor practice facility etc.

honestly id love to see him back on Monday Nighht Football...he was quite good at that
Reply/Quote
I was pretty interested in a possible Brady - Burrow/Chase reunion at one point, but he’s not quite the hot name he was coming into the season anymore. How much of that is on him as opposed to injuries, being stuck with Darnold, etc, who knows. Carolina fans could give a more informed opinion on his play calling.

Plus, barring an epic collapse (like pretty much losing out the rest of the way) I think Taylor is almost assuredly coming back.

Reply/Quote