Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A J Green and Antonio Bryant
(02-06-2020, 07:48 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I’m 95% sure Marvin Jones sustained two separate injuries that season. Too lazy to look it up to verify.

And the medical staff didn’t tell Braham his tibial plateau fracture was a bone bruise. That was the team lying to the media and the fans.

No, no, it was one injury. He never played a down.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2020, 07:50 PM)BengalChris Wrote: No, no, it was one injury. He never played a down.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2014/10/14/6977573/bengals-marvin-jones-injured-reserve-cobi-hamilton

He injured the right ankle. He was able to return to practice and broke his left foot with subsequent foot surgery. He was able to return to practice and re-injured the right ankle. At least three injuries involving two different body parts. He was placed on IR after injuring the right ankle at least Two times.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2020, 12:09 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2014/10/14/6977573/bengals-marvin-jones-injured-reserve-cobi-hamilton

He injured the right ankle. He was able to return to practice and broke his left foot with subsequent foot surgery. He was able to return to practice and re-injured the right ankle. At least three injuries involving two different body parts. He was placed on IR after injuring the right ankle at least Two times.

Nice. I just didn't remember that at all.

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 09:45 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: What that means is some injuries can be missed by MRI and are not detected until during surgery.  Or the extent of the damage can’t be fully appreciated until actually visualized through the arthroscope. On the flipped side, the MRI can give false negatives, or injuries that actually aren’t there. MRIs aren’t 100% specific or sensitive.

I know this to be true, from my own experiences.  For example, when I had my shoulder repaired, the doc said it took about twice as long as he had initially estimated.  He said that while he was in there, he discovered several other things that did not show up on the MRI.  (I'm not even going to attempt to butcher the terminology)  The doc also said that it is often the case that there are undetected issues when he operates.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Tag him on the 18 mil out of respect for what he’s done and if he’s really done, let him walk after.

Ain’t like we gonna spend the money anywhere else
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2020, 11:04 AM)Housh Wrote: Tag him on the 18 mil out of respect for what he’s done and if he’s really done, let him walk after.

Ain’t like we gonna spend the money anywhere else

Yeah lets waste another year. Keep Andy, re-sign AJ , get Whit in free agency. Lets forgo the future and relive the so called Bengals glory years. Some of us set expectations so low its ridiculous.
Reply/Quote
Since this thread popped back up i am going to go ahead and say it looks like i will be eating some crow. I am shocked by the predictions i have been seeing about green in free agency. I can't believe teams will be willing to pay him top dollar at 32 with his recent injury issues.
Reply/Quote
I would not sign AJ Green to even a modest 1 year deal.Upcoming 2020 NFL draft has a very deep field of some very talented wide receivers.Time to move on,and see what kind of deal they may be able to get for Green and Dalton.
Reply/Quote
Robby Anderson would be a much better option for the price and he doesn't have the injury concerns. That said Tobin has made it clear he wants AJ no matter what. It doesn't even matter if the guy can't make the field its all about not letting talent walk because how can that possibly make us a better team.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2020, 01:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Since this thread popped back up i am going to go ahead and say it looks like i will be eating some crow. I am shocked by the predictions i have been seeing about green in free agency. I can't believe teams will be willing to pay him top dollar at 32 with his recent injury issues.

Let them have him. This team needs to continue to get younger or more consistent at the skill positions. 
Reply/Quote