Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft illusion and reality
There is a big difference between being profligate in Free Agency and never trying to land a true long term upgrade with it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2020, 01:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I know you have never been number 1 at anything. So based on your logic you, and everyone in your family, is a loser.  If I am wrong then prove it.

The people who talk the loudest about how nothing but the best is good enough for them are generally very mediocre people.  They just talk like that to try and make themselves sound superior to other people in the same position as them
So now your not only attacking me, now your attacking my family also. BTW I've had plenty of successes in my life and my fair share of failures also and I don't need to prove a damn thing to you Mr. Toast. If you think a string of first round or wild card defeats is something to be proud of that's your business, some folks feel warm and fuzzy with participation trophies, I myself prefer Lombardi trophies.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2020, 04:57 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote:  some folks feel warm and fuzzy with participation trophies, I myself prefer Lombardi trophies.

This is exactly what I mean.

EVERYONE here prefers Lombardi trophies to losing playoff games.  You think that makes you sound special, but it doesn't.  It just makes you sound like the type of person who has to put others down in order to build yourself up.

If you really do believe that everything less than #1 is "losing" then own it.  You have never been #1 at anything so therefore you are a loser.  Same applies to everyone here.  None of us have won national championships, or scored perfect on the ACT, or ran a business that was #1 in the world.  Your wife/girlfriend did not win Miss America.  Your kids did not graduate #1 from an Ivy League school.  That means you are 100% a loser.  

Bragging about having "higher standards" is a childish way to try and make yourself look better.  
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2020, 05:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is exactly what I mean.

EVERYONE here prefers Lombardi trophies to losing playoff games.  You think that makes you sound special, but it doesn't.  It just makes you sound like the type of person who has to put others down in order to build yourself up.

If you really do believe that everything less than #1 is "losing" then own it.  You have never been #1 at anything so therefore you are a loser.  Same applies to everyone here.  None of us have won national championships, or scored perfect on the ACT, or ran a business that was #1 in the world.  Your wife/girlfriend did not win Miss America.  Your kids did not graduate #1 from an Ivy League school.  That means you are 100% a loser.  

Bragging about having "higher standards" is a childish way to try and make yourself look better.  

Geez Fred, quit it with the personal attacks.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2020, 05:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is exactly what I mean.

EVERYONE here prefers Lombardi trophies to losing playoff games.  You think that makes you sound special, but it doesn't. ---I don't think it makes me sound special, that's your opinion.

It just makes you sound like the type of person who has to put others down in order to build yourself up.---Who am I putting down? Folks who accept mediocracy, those that just want to be competitive?

If you really do believe that everything less than #1 is "losing" then own it.--- It's all about ones mentality Mr. Toast, what's considered being successful to one person maybe considered failure to someone else. No team can be #1 every year, but not trying to be #1 every year is a loser's mentality. I stand by what I said, I OWN it.

You have never been #1 at anything so therefore you are a loser.  Same applies to everyone here.---Again you don't know me or anyone here; so unless you have some magical ability that gives you insight into the private lives of the posters here, I call bullshit.

None of us have won national championships, or scored perfect on the ACT, or ran a business that was #1 in the world.  Your wife/girlfriend did not win Miss America.  Your kids did not graduate #1 from an Ivy League school.  That means you are 100% a loser. ---That's a narrow way of looking at things Mr. Toast. The things you listed are but a few of the things that one can be #1 at, for example: One could win a local fishing tournament and be considered the #1 fisherman or woman in that area, doesn't mean they're the world's best fisherman . The Bills won the AFC many years in a row, yet some consider then failures for losing the Superbowl four years in a row.  Some folks see the glass half full yada, yada, yada.

Bragging about having "higher standards" is a childish way to try and make yourself look better.---How so? Should you not strive to be #1 every season, I don't believe that's bragging. If wanting the Bengals to finish #1 every year rather than settle for being mediocre at best or just being"competitive" then put me down as being a child, I'll own that too.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2020, 06:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Geez Fred, quit it with the personal attacks.

I'll quit when they stop accusing me of "being warm and fuzzy with participation trophies".
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2020, 04:57 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: So now your not only attacking me, now your attacking my family also. BTW I've had plenty of successes in my life and my fair share of failures also and I don't need to prove a damn thing to you Mr. Toast. If you think a string of first round or wild card defeats is something to be proud of that's your business, some folks feel warm and fuzzy with participation trophies, I myself prefer Lombardi trophies.

I'd be willing to bet, if we could do a national poll, the Bengals would be answered by maybe 10% of fans at best on the following question.

Besides the Patriots, which NFL team(s) went to the playoffs 5 consecutive years from 2011-15 ? You'd get the Packers, Steelers, Seahawks, Ravens, Chiefs, Cowboys and so on way, way, more than the Bengals as the answer(s).

Why ? Because we've gotten bounced like a super ball every time we've made it and nobody cares about or remembers the perennial losers.

If you wanna champion that, go ahead. I don't
Reply/Quote