Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Joe Burr-art
I don't see him as arrogant.. I do however see him as extremely confident...
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2020, 11:00 AM)Whatever Wrote: Yup.  It's not cocky if you can back it up.  

The issue could be that a lazy organization could limit the amount of backing it up he can do.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2020, 12:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The issue could be that a lazy organization could limit the amount of backing it up he can do.

Is lazy the only word ? Or would antiquated and lazy fit better ?
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2020, 01:17 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Is lazy the only word ? Or would antiquated and lazy fit better ?

Either way.  We want to picture JB as this success obsessed winner but we also want to dismiss the troubling idea that he won't be happy working for a guy who doesn't try to win.  

Again it's like a sitcom.  23 year old winner forced to work for an 85 year old lazy fossil.  How dare the media find anything worth talking about there?
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2020, 01:54 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Either way.  We want to picture JB as this success obsessed winner but we also want to dismiss the troubling idea that he won't be happy working for a guy who doesn't try to win.  

Again it's like a sitcom.  23 year old winner forced to work for an 85 year old lazy fossil.  How dare the media find anything worth talking about there?

CBS sitcoms write themselves sometimes. Just have Kevin James play Duke Tobin and work Leah Remini into it somehow. Maybe Troy's fling. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2020, 01:54 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Either way.  We want to picture JB as this success obsessed winner but we also want to dismiss the troubling idea that he won't be happy working for a guy who doesn't try to win.  

Agree, I guess the best we can hope for is that somehow, someway JB (assuming he's drafted by us) will be the spark that finally turns the light bulb on for MB. To say I have serious doubts is the PG version !

One would think with the overall failures that were CP and AD he would want to give it a go, all in this time but.........you know.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2020, 11:00 AM)Whatever Wrote: Yup.  It's not cocky if you can back it up.  

(02-12-2020, 11:16 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Oh please. Go watch his Heisman speech. He’s a great kid.

So he’s a little cocky? He just had the best college season ever. He’s earned it.

I didn't say cocky.  I said arrogant douchebag.  I see those as very different things.

Aways I don't want to get into a semantics argument.

Like I said before I don't care as long as he wins.

Im not saying he's a bad person.  It's not as if he carries baggage like mixon or hunt or tyreek.  He comes off the wrong way to me in some of his interviews, hes like the anti-dalton.  That may not be a bad thing.  If it means the other players identify with him and he has the kind of fire that allows him to be a true leader it may be exactly what the team needs.  I don't think Andy has that and it's shown.  I like Andy and I hope the team does right by him, he deserves it.  He's not the guy.  Burrow might just be the guy.

And honestly who gives a crap about what I think anyway.

But yeah I can see why someone would want to punch him in the throat.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2020, 11:16 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Oh please. Go watch his Heisman speech. He’s a great kid.

So he’s a little cocky? He just had the best college season ever. He’s earned it.

Exactly, I don't want more Andy Dalton's around here with no fire.

I was a cocky sumbitch in High School myself.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2020, 03:26 PM)motoarch Wrote: I didn't say cocky.  I said arrogant douchebag.  I see those as very different things.

Aways I don't want to get into a semantics argument.

Like I said before I don't care as long as he wins.

Im not saying he's a bad person.  It's not as if he carries baggage like mixon or hunt or tyreek.  He comes off the wrong way to me in some of his interviews, hes like the anti-dalton.  That may not be a bad thing.  If it means the other players identify with him and he has the kind of fire that allows him to be a true leader it may be exactly what the team needs.  I don't think Andy has that and it's shown.  I like Andy and I hope the team does right by him, he deserves it.  He's not the guy.  Burrow might just be the guy.

And honestly who gives a crap about what I think anyway.

But yeah I can see why someone would want to punch him in the throat.

I don't see it. Just seems confident and a good guy from what I have been seeing.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2020, 06:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Exactly, I don't want more Andy Dalton's around here with no fire.

I was a cocky sumbitch in High School myself.

A little cocky is good. Baker Mayfield cocky would be real bad. 

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2020, 10:08 AM)motoarch Wrote: He seems like a bit of an arrogant douchebag in interviews.

I don't care as long as he produces and wins games.

really?  That was baker Mayfield because I don't get arrogant at all from him.  

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote