Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Burrow 11 interceptions, but are only 3 turnover worthy throws?
Opening day - Joe threw 2 interceptions to the defense, 2 others tipped at the line.
Baltimore - Joe threw right at Queen.

Until today every other interception was tipped. (let me know if Im wrong)

Todays game, for some unknown reason Boyd stopped his route and Chase missed the hot route call.

No doubt these are all part of the game.... but if Joe can avoid so many tips he could definitely pull off some sub 5 interception seasons in the future. He was definitely on today.

Reply/Quote
Throwing 52 times doesn't help the cause. Burrow is a great QB but stuff happens. Boyd definitely should've had the first one though. It is what it is. The pick 6 hurt because it really gave NE life when we should've been sticking the dagger in. But hey, we're still 11-4 and that is a beautiful thing.
Reply/Quote
Any INT that hits a defender's hand first is the QB's fault IMO. Tipped or not.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 07:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Any INT that hits a defender's hand first is the QB's fault IMO. Tipped or not.

Which defender? Alot of issues with the tipped passes at the line of scrimage has been the depth of drops.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
That Chase throw was definitely a TO worthy throw by Joe. End of the day he saw what Chase did and threw. If that back shoulder fade is picked off again I’m still going to blame the QB because he didn’t have to throw it
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 07:28 PM)Housh Wrote: That Chase throw was definitely a TO worthy throw by Joe. End of the day he saw what Chase did and threw. If that back shoulder fade is picked off again I’m still going to blame the QB because he didn’t have to throw it

Actually the replay showed that he threw it before Chase was supposed to make the cut, like he does on every one of the timing out routes.  It wasn't remotely a back shoulder throw, not sure why people are saying this? If it was it would have been much closer to Chase.

This one is absolutely on Chase if Joe called the audible which it looked like he did.

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 07:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Any INT that hits a defender's hand first is the QB's fault IMO. Tipped or not.

Not accepting outside opinions at this time.  Feel free to offer responses congratulating me on enlightening the board with semi-interesting facts or quotes that are in full agreement with the inarguable truth of the original post.  Thanks

Reply/Quote
The throw to Mixon in triple coverage in the corner of the endzone should have been intercepted. Shocked it wasn't.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 08:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The throw to Mixon in triple coverage in the corner of the endzone should have been intercepted. Shocked it wasn't.

That was a head scratcher, although he wasnt initially in triple coverage but as the ball arrived so did two more defenders, regardless the man on Mixon was all over him... if we are going to play jump ball, lets play with Tee.

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 08:24 PM)casear2727 Wrote: That was a head scratcher, although he wasnt initially in triple coverage but as the ball arrived so did two more defenders, regardless the man on Mixon was all over him... if we are going to play jump ball, lets play with Tee.

Joe forced that one no doubt but it wasn't triple coverage.
Reply/Quote