Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe Burrow #1
(01-24-2023, 02:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And the best part is that he doesn't randomly yell "Omaha" repeatedly and sport an epically huge forehead..  Ninja

That’s valuable advertisement space! Dunno why Peyton never capitalized on it…
Reply/Quote
Here's a quote from an article by Bucky Brooks under the title: "Things I like: Joe Burrow's swagger is real."

"Despite dealing with a steady stream of snow flurries in frigid conditions, the third-year pro carved up the Bills defense with surgical precision to complete 23 of 36 passes for 242 yards and two scores. The efficient performance showcased Burrow's strengths as a quick-rhythm passer with a high IQ and superb diagnostic skills. He quickly cracked the Bills' defensive code and countered with an assortment of pinpoint throws at short and intermediate range."

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/bengals-chiefs-eagles-and-49ers-secrets-of-their-playoff-success?cmpid%3A%3Aorg=fsn&ag=foxnews&mc=affiliate&src=river&cmp=superbowl&dicbo=v1-aacc145e4f0ef4b950c3f317294cc061-00e17b74303517cbe6bf08cea931e9f870-mzrtkylggyzgcljrhftggljuhe2wkllbheytollfgi4dozdfme4weyzvga
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 02:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And the best part is that he doesn't randomly yell "Omaha" repeatedly and sport an epically huge forehead..  Ninja

I have heard him use the PALMER   audiable
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 01:28 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: He's #9.

[Image: ba-dum-tsss-drum.gif]

Unless he's 8.....

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 03:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I have heard him use the PALMER   audiable

The "Palmer" audible?  Is that for when he needed a pick6 to keep the score close, for the boys in Vegas??  Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 12:38 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Who was it, Eisen, who said he had Joe Namath's star power, Brady's ability to dissect defenses and and nerves like Montana....

Hadn't heard this.  Don't know who said it.

But it hits the nail on the head.   

Never really appreciated Namath, but Brady and Montana are my two favorite QBs.. until now
Reply/Quote
I remember when the 49ers were the worst franchise in history and Joe Cool came along and completely changed that franchise - for decades. SF hasn't gone more than a few years without being in contention, ever since.

But prior to Montana, they sucked. Every year, they sucked.

The same happened to the Patriots in the early 2000's.

Sit back and enjoy the ride...
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 12:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Love ya Truck, but if you don’t already have Joe friggin Burrow ahead of Dunlap you’re a silly (Canadian) goose. Tongue

Old favourites die hard Wink

Eric Hinske is my idol and my favourite Toronto Blue Jay ever and 2nd favourite baseball player ever... but Andres Galarraga will always be my favourite baseball player ever and I never even saw him play live (whereas I not only saw almost 100 of Hinske's games live, I met him 3 times and he's just awesome).

I need to be really blown away to touch my favourites lists (and yes, I am really blown away by Burrow, obvs).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 11:05 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I just wanted to say a few words on Joe Cool

I've always held Kenny Anderson as my favorite Bengal, he was the QB of my youth and I put him on a pedestal. I loved Anthony Munoz, still do. Although I went thru a time not liking him to much Chad will always be at the top of my list. Big Whit is way up there, just to name a few.

But Joe Burrow is now my new #1 !!

He has totally changed this franchise, we've finally turned the corner, due to Joe. So much has been said after the Bills game and it's true. He's just a stone cold killer of the opposition's souls. You can't rattle him. He sees the field like no other. He's just all around awesome. We are so very blessed to have him.

Thank you Joe, my new favorite Bengal of all time.

Indeed. He exudes confidence and displays outstanding leadership. He seems unflappable, which is an incredible asset in his role. 

Reply/Quote

Joe is rather easy on the eyes; that's for sure.

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 05:55 PM)Lucidus Wrote: Indeed. He exudes confidence and displays outstanding leadership. He seems unflappable, which is an incredible asset in his role. 

He's got it all. Not many have ever really had "it all"
Reply/Quote