Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Burrow - Dan Patrick Interview (Full Video)
Video 
I haven't seen this posted anywhere yet, so I thought I'd share it. It's a pretty good interview and there's a whole bunch in there, separate from the one quote shared earlier.

Enjoy...
Reply/Quote
Burrow wants a SuperBowl contender. That leaves Cincinnati out. We aren't even close.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Burrow also wants to go #1. There is literally no one else in the league that can do that this season.
Reply/Quote
He said exactly what he should say. And if he chooses to refuse to be a Cincinnati Bengal, Mike Brown will be getting exactly what he deserves. Only us innocent fans suffer.

Reply/Quote
Thanks Wes. Great interview, the biggest thing that stands out to me about Joe is the way he processes information.

Truly believe he will be a great NFL QB. The only thing doubters can talk about is his not so good year last year where
HE BROKE HIS HAND. This guy has everything you want in a QB and he is a very classy and likable dude.
Reply/Quote
"I wanna play for a losing team and never win anything!" said no player ever.. Look, it's still the NFL and when you have the best college QB ever your chances go up exponentially.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 09:38 PM)grampahol Wrote: "I wanna play for a losing team and never win anything!" said no player ever.. Look, it's still the NFL and when you have the best college QB ever your chances go up exponentially.

Thanks Gramps. The owner doesn't coach the players or play in the games last I checked.

And last I saw us get a #1 overall pick QB the owner/FO put good players around him for him to succeed.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 09:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks Wes. Great interview, the biggest thing that stands out to me about Joe is the way he processes information.

Truly believe he will be a great NFL QB. The only thing doubters can talk about is his not so good year last year where
HE BROKE HIS HAND. This guy has everything you want in a QB and he is a very classy and likable dude.

He broke his hand his R-So year at tOSU, shouldn't have affected his first year at LSU. I think the main culprit of his LSU "struggles" in year 1 was the outdated offense and bad play calling.  
Reply/Quote
People are getting way too worked up over that question, and guys like Dehner are reading way too much into it.

If he answers: "Going number 1 is more important." it sounds like he doesn't value winning a Superbowl enough. Almost as if he values himself and his contract over winning.

If he answers "Going to a run well, contending team is more important." then it creates the talking points of stuff like he may not want to be here, or doesn't think he can turn around a loser.

"Both" is not just the right answer, it's the only answer. At least the only answer that doesn't create more drama than need be.

Also, it's fair question. Albeit a bit of a softball and typical fluff you find in interviews. I can't believe people are acting like Dan Patrick served up some loaded bomb of a question. Dan Patrick is as good an interviewer you'll ever find. Nothing wrong about the interview at all.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 09:42 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: He broke his hand his R-So year at tOSU, shouldn't have affected his first year at LSU. I think the main culprit of his LSU "struggles" in year 1 was the outdated offense and bad play calling.  

I think you're right. But his Dad actually brought up a really great point in his interview this week. It was that Joe hadn't seen meaningful game action since High School. Which at the point was well over 3 years prior to LSU.

So you got a kid he's a first time starter, working off 3 years of rust, now inserted into the toughest conference in America.

When you start coupling that with what you said, which I think is spot on, I think it goes a long way in making sense in his huge jump.
Reply/Quote
We haven't had a QB with an attitude like this since Boomer. It's going to be quite the change. What could go wrong?
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
How was he supposed to answer the question?
"Oh I want to go No:1 and don't care if I ever get near a Superbowl"?
Every player that is going into the NFL wants to be a contender, that's what pro's want
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 09:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks Gramps. The owner doesn't coach the players or play in the games last I checked.

And last I saw us get a #1 overall pick QB the owner/FO put good players around him for him to succeed.

Ehhhhhh....

Carson Palmer
Bengals: 46-51 regular season, 0-2 postseason
Cardinals: 38-21-1 regular season, 1-1 postseason

You need to do more than just put good players on a team, you have to give those good players good coaches. Then you need to give those good players and coaches a good environment with all the tools they need. The Mike Brown Bengals rarely do the first, seem to hate the second, and have never done the third.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2020, 02:39 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Ehhhhhh....

Carson Palmer

You need to do more than just put good players on a team, you have to give those good players good coaches. Then you need to give those good players and coaches a good environment with all the tools they need. The Mike Brown Bengals rarely do the first, seem to hate the second, and have never done the third.

And those numbers were after years of playing and injuries.

Palmer may have been special had he been drafted to a team with an owner commited to winning. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Dan Patrick is/was an ESPN guy that loved to kick and talk down about the Bengals he has not changed.

Don't watch ESPN because they are a bias sports show.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 11:07 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: How was he supposed to answer the question?
"Oh I want to go No:1 and don't care if I ever get near a Superbowl"?
Every player that is going into the NFL wants to be a contender, that's what pro's want

You beat me to it.... This is way too obvious.

Does anyone here actually believe that if Mike Brown could just snap his fingers and win his team a SB that he wouldn't do it? It would only profit him. His way of going about winning is pure crap in most opinions (including my own), but there is no proof that Cincinnati/MB doesn't want to win a SB... And I'm sure Burrow is smart enough to realize this. It was a trap question. DP gave Joe a question that could only be answered in a way that makes us fans worry. Chill people.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 06:30 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I haven't seen this posted anywhere yet, so I thought I'd share it. It's a pretty good interview and there's a whole bunch in there, separate from the one quote shared earlier.

Enjoy...

Thanks for posting the full video Wes.

He seems excited to be considered for the #1 pick. He knows that Cincinnati is on the clock right now and that doesn't seem to bother him. He only seemed uncomfortable when DP was asking him questions about the Bengals. And by.that I don't mean I think he doesn't like the idea, I just don't think that Joe was a big fan of Dan's questions regarding Cincinnati and then he brings up the Dolphins having a lot of picks. 

I guess there needs to be a false debate on where he is going for ratings. So whatever. 
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2020, 02:39 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Ehhhhhh....

Carson Palmer

I agree, just hoping Zac and company grow in the coaching department.

Maybe with more experience this will happen and Joe Burrow should definitely help.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2020, 07:58 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Dan Patrick is/was an ESPN guy that loved to kick and talk down about the Bengals he has not changed.

Don't watch ESPN because they are a bias sports show.

ESPN does have a coastal and big market bias, but they also cover winning smaller market teams in a favorable light. When your organization is a perennial loser and run by inept management they’re going to call it what it is. ESPN is not the Cincy Enquirer or Channel 12. They couldn’t care less if the team tries to ice them out for calling the front office inept and the on field product less than satisfactory. Want more favorable Bengals coverage on ESPN? Try hiring a competent front office and winning some games, including Playoff games.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 09:10 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Burrow wants a SuperBowl contender. That leaves Cincinnati out. We aren't even close.

No #1 overall pick gets a super bowl contender.  They get the worst team in the league, which is why they have the #1 pick.
Reply/Quote