Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Joe Burrow Impacts Every Room
(04-25-2020, 02:29 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: LOL please show me where I said you weren't allowed to disagree with me.

The post where you accused me of having a superiority complex because I dared point out your opinions were delusional.

Want me to quote it for you?
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 02:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The post where you accused me of having a superiority complex because I dared point out your opinions were delusional.

Want me to quote it for you?

When you tell someone that their thread is a 'silly post', you are demeaning their opinion, whether it is delusional or not.

Demeaning behavior is something a person who thinks they are superior to other individuals tend to do. Sorry for jumping to conclusions about your superiority complex... as you know, I can get a little delusional. 
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 02:48 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: When you tell someone that their thread is a 'silly post', you are demeaning their opinion, whether it is delusional or not.

Everytime anyone tells you you are wrong they are "demeaning" your opinion.

Get over it.
Reply/Quote
I don't know what's wrong with the OP Fred. A leader and strong competitor can bring out better play in other rooms and Burrow has that ability.

It's funny because the Defensive Players loved Burrow as much as the offensive ones.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 02:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Everytime anyone tells you you are wrong they are "demeaning" your opinion.

Get over it.

That is not true at all Fred. 

If someone tells you that you are wrong, this initiates an argument. If you can't persuade the other individual, you settle on disagreement.

Demeaning on the other hand has the goal of making the opponent lose their dignity and the respect of others. I could be incorrect, but I believe your intentions were to demean my post, not simply disagree with me.

Google Definitions:
Argument: a reason or set of reasons given with the aim of persuading others that an action or idea is right or wrong.
Disagreement: lack of consensus or approval.
Demeaning: causing someone to lose their dignity and the respect of others.
Reply/Quote
Boomer believes Burrow's personality will lead to an uptick in intensity for the organization. His personality is infectuous much like many NFL greats. Looking forward to watching players improve under Joe's influence.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/boomer-esiason-on-joe-burrow-hes-got-a-bigger-personality-than-carson-palmer/ar-BB13a6Qh

"I think it's great for (the Bengals). I think there's gonna be definitely an uptick in intensity I would believe. -- But when you have a significant personality - like when Andrew Luck first walked into the Colts' locker room or Ben Roethlisberger walking into Pittsburgh, Aaron Rodgers when he finally took over for Brett Favre - those are the personalities that you want. And I think Joe Burrow definitely has that personality. He's got a bigger personality than Carson Palmer which is what I think this franchise needs right now."
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 02:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Everytime anyone tells you you are wrong they are "demeaning" your opinion.

Get over it.

He's just trying to do some gaslighting while claiming he's Mr. Positive and greater than thou. Just stop responding to him
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 05:27 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Boomer believes Burrow's personality will lead to an uptick in intensity for the organization. His personality is infectuous much like many NFL greats. Looking forward to watching players improve under Joe's influence.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/boomer-esiason-on-joe-burrow-hes-got-a-bigger-personality-than-carson-palmer/ar-BB13a6Qh

"I think it's great for (the Bengals). I think there's gonna be definitely an uptick in intensity I would believe. -- But when you have a significant personality - like when Andrew Luck first walked into the Colts' locker room or Ben Roethlisberger walking into Pittsburgh, Aaron Rodgers when he finally took over for Brett Favre - those are the personalities that you want. And I think Joe Burrow definitely has that personality. He's got a bigger personality than Carson Palmer which is what I think this franchise needs right now.

I agree with what Boomer is saying here and this is why I believe that Burrow is the perfect choice to lead this team into a new culture. Players feed off the energy of their teammates, especially those who hold positions of leadership. I get a sense that Joe Burrow is a bit more fanatical about winning than the average bear. I think his teammates will take that cue and try to match his energy.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 11:22 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Damn, wish we hadn't wasted all of that free agent money on signing defensive players when all we needed was for Joe Burrow to be on the team to fix the defense.  And he is also going to be the reason A J Green is healed.

I love the Burrow pick but talk like this is ridiculous.  Did you happen to notice that 5 LSU players were taken in the first round and a total of TEN over the first three rounds?  Burrow is a great QB but a lot of the success at LSU was based on the talent around him.

If Burrow could walk on water then he would have been the starter at Ohio State.

"...No prophet is accepted in his hometown..."
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 10:38 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Hey grampahol, I'm sorry you're resistant to the positive influence coming in our door. I think you are part of the old culture that is holding us back. Try to have some faith bud! :)

I'm not resistant to positive anything. I just don't hold my breath waiting for one person to change the face of everything. It's still a team sport last time I checked. Did something change since last season?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 04:54 AM)grampahol Wrote: I'm not resistant to positive anything. I just don't hold my breath waiting for one person to change the face of everything. It's still a team sport last time I checked. Did something change since last season?

Definitely still a team sport, but every team needs leaders that can motivate and elevate. I believe we got one of the best in the business in doing just that. I like to think these elite leaders bring a comforting presence that allows their teammates to play fast and loose. I'm not saying he turns every player into a pro-bowler, but as Boomer eluded to, it leads to an uptick in intensity. Confidence is an underrated attribute, just look at John Ross...
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 05:27 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: He's got a bigger personality than Carson Palmer which is what I think this franchise needs right now.

Carson Palmer?
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 10:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Carson Palmer?

Lol I guess Boomer looked right past the AD era... I think he was just comparing 1st OA to 1st OA and it's documented that Palmer lacked 'personality'... It's a little overblown but even Jordan Palmer admits his brother is a bit of a lifeless blob when it comes to interpersonal relationships..
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 10:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Carson Palmer?

I assume he's comparing two #1 picks: Palmer and Burrow.  Some of the scouting reports on Palmer, when drafted, questioned his desire to win.  Burrow gets praised.
Reply/Quote